Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should the Canelo-GGG fight be held if the NSAC suspension holds up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Who was suspended for wut? That was way after the bite thing & I think Tyson only got popped for weed once or twice & I remember him serving out that/those suspension(s).
    Well Tyson couldn't get a license in Nevada

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      There's definitely a lot of money in play over this that is already spent so its gonna piss people off & be a bit of a clusterf#ck if it does get canceled. So it wouldn't be surprising at all if the fight happens still despite all this weird sh^t happening now.

And from my understanding once you get popped for something & a commission suspends you ALL states will back the first state up. So I tend to doubt any other state will be willing to eff with this fight.
      The fight was originally scheduled for April 6, 2002 in Las Vegas. However, Nevada refused to grant Tyson a license after a press conference brawl between Lewis and Tyson (see below). Several other states refused Tyson a license before Memphis finally bid US$12 million in order to host the fight.
      Texas would pick up the fight in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        Texas would pick up the fight in a heartbeat.
        no, there would be no fight to pick up. What are you guys even thinking?? Golovkin's camp wouldn't stand for that.

Comment

Maybe held in a prison house after Caneloterol get a jail sentence.

Comment

If the suspension holds they shouldn't have the fight at all. Or at least it should be rescheduled.

Comment

I believe Kazakhstan.

Comment

The jumbo screens though. There isn't a bad seat in the house!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  Well Tyson couldn't get a license in Nevada
                  Just looked this up cuz I didn't know wtf you were talking about, but yea it looks like Tyson was suspended from NV at that time. It was some silly sh^t doe. They suspended him for that "eat your children, all praise to Allah" sh^t lol.

I'd argue that was NV overstepping their job, but its for sure a debatable thing on if he shoulda been suspended over some f#cking words.

I just know I've never heard of a guy being suspended for a legit PED situation or other legit issue & being able to fight in the US.

And randomly now that I think of it I think Margarito mighta gotten banned for that handwrap sh^t & fought in Mexico before his suspension was up, but not 100% on that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    Golovkin's camp wouldn't stand for that.
                    Good point. Would GGG even want the fight at a new venue if it was sanctioned? From his comments my assumption is no.

Comment

canelo should be banned for a year. what a joke. canelo is a full blown cheater.

Comment

Working...
                      X