Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Explains Why He'd Want Spence Bout Over Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
    He's way off base here. Yes, Crawford is skilled and slick but he's absolutely not a boring fighter at all. If I were Mikey I'd feel more confident in a test of skill against Crawford than having to deal with Spence's strength and punching power. Physically that fight is extremely one sided and while you could make a case for Garcia being more skilled Spence is very skilled as well, it's not like there's a wide gulf in class. Spence would land his shots eventually, and honestly I have a hard time seeing Garcia hurting Spence but I can see it extremely easily the other way around. Garcia would want none of that, Spence I think is the heaviest hitter in the division right now while also being extremely fast. Honestly I feel like Mikey is a little too keen to jump up in weight, we've seen in recent years that that's possibly the easiest way to end up in fights where you get brutally knocked out or badly damaged.
    Like Broner did when he fought Maidana lol hahaha I still believe he never fully recovered from that beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia5280 View Post
      Mikey has everyone talking & he has more balls than any fighter out there! taking huge risks & WINNING!!! So stfu!
      hes got balls in his mouth cause all he does is talk about fighting elite fighters. a disgrace to the older messican fighters tons of heart they had and some were to brave for their own good

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Agree 100%. I think Garcia is a smart guy and wants to keep the fans on his side by leading them to believing he wants big challenges but in the real world he's probably the biggest cherry picker in the game. He's carefully gone about the last 4-5 years at least selecting guys with slow feet and no movement.
        It's blindingly obvious what he's doing. His most natural opponent is Bud. But he knows he'd lose so he's making ridiculous excuses as to why he will not fight him.

Bud is flat out on another level to Mikey. Hits much harder, just as accurate, faster, and way more creative and with a higher IQ.

If they fought Bud would probably annihilate him, and would badly hurt his career. This Spence talk is just a smoke screen to distract from him obviously avoiding Bud.

He wouldn't last two rounds against Spence. I'd expect him to be knocked out in the first round. Spence would just steamroll him. Anyone with a brain knows this. Mikey knows he has zero chance against Spence. But he needs to say something when people hound him why he's avoiding Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Blender View Post
          He's so full of it, it aint even funny.

He does not want to fight Spence, obviously. That's idiotic. He's a 130 pounder.

TC would destroy him. Does everything better than Mikey. He knows it. Loma beats Mikey as well. Mikey knows this as well.

He doesn't want to fight any of these guys at all. Spence, lol. Not even real welterweights can handle the size and strength of Spence. Mikey has never for one second wanted to fight Spence, that is such horse crap.
          Not to mention Spence is a huge WW that can fight and be competitive at 54 as well. He needs to slow down on that and stay in the division he's in. He can dominate the 140 division.

Comment

I'm pretty sure both beat Mikey and I don't see Bud running, he usually has a mean streak and feels like he has to get a guy when he gets hit. That may help Mikey actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Blender View Post
              It's blindingly obvious what he's doing. His most natural opponent is Bud. But he knows he'd lose so he's making ridiculous excuses as to why he will not fight him.

Bud is flat out on another level to Mikey. Hits much harder, just as accurate, faster, and way more creative and with a higher IQ.

If they fought Bud would probably annihilate him, and would badly hurt his career. This Spence talk is just a smoke screen to distract from him obviously avoiding Bud.

He wouldn't last two rounds against Spence. I'd expect him to be knocked out in the first round. Spence would just steamroll him. Anyone with a brain knows this. Mikey knows he has zero chance against Spence. But he needs to say something when people hound him why he's avoiding Bud.
              I used to be a big fan of Mikey and followed him since he was a prospect. I think he has excellent skills but it's a skill set that might not work against the guys like Loma, Bud and IMO though he beats Linares it's why he passed on Linares. Fast feet and guys that use angles and hand speed. He stays away from those guys.

I agree. He's not going to fight any of these guys. Mikey is just trying to promote himself and create this notion he's not scared of anyone but most can see right through it.

If I was to predict Mikey's career it will go something like this : -

Baranchyk, Figueroa, unification with Relikh, maybe win the regular WBA 147 title (perhaps if Pacquaio-Mattheyse doesn't happen), maybe Easter at some point. No fights with Spence, Thurman, Crawford, Lomachenko. Maybe some mandatory defenses and he'll be out the game in 3-4 years having never fought even a top 30-40 pound for pound guy. He seems hell bent on winning 1 easy title at every weight possible, not so much on unification's, meaningful reigns and top opponents. That's his choice I guess. Danny Garcia always receives heat for cherry picking but Mikey is the real Cherry Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                he hasnt fought any of the guys he's been calling out........
                Your point? How does that make him afraid to fight?

Comment

cherry garcia!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    and that's exactly what i think! he even brought up the loss to crawford in the AM (so i know it bothers him) and he said its because crawford was running. trust me, he aint got no respect for TC. if he did, he wouldnt have called TC a runner and instead he would have just used the TR excuse which is what he's doing with loma.
                    Now I want to see TC vs. Mikey more than ever! I like when fighters have personal beef!

Comment

he couldn't fight linares cause better offer to fight random guy(no one believes this)
                      he can't fight loma cause he's with top rank.
                      he can't fight crawford cause he's with top rank and he runs just in case that excuse isn't enough
                      he can fight spence so i'm glad that fight is next

Comment

Working...
                      X