No announcement yet.

"I can't continue to love a sport that doesn't love me back." - Teddy Atlas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
    "For the first time ever I witnessed a judge rob a amateur boxer, Let that sink in."
    So in all of his years involved with boxing, and this is the FIRST TIME. So you saying you were just putting on an ACT after the pac/horn fight, because horn actually won the fight.....
    He said AMATEUR boxing, not pro boxing.

And I argue he's still full of it, because for example, Floyd was robbed in the amateurs/Olympics against Todorov and everyone knew it, including Atlas.

Tons of amateur fighters have experienced less-than-ideal outcomes and Atlas was there the whole time.

Reality is this. It's on a fighter not to leave it to judges if they're not 100% sure they'll get the nod. Questionable decisions by judges AND refs AND commissions have spanned decades in boxing, it's not new, it's not any more frequent. But the internet puts it in your face more, giving the illusion that it's happening more frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      He said AMATEUR boxing, not pro boxing.

And I argue he's still full of it, because for example, Floyd was robbed in the amateurs/Olympics against Todorov and everyone knew it, including Atlas.

Tons of amateur fighters have experienced less-than-ideal outcomes and Atlas was there the whole time.

Reality is this. It's on a fighter not to leave it to judges if they're not 100% sure they'll get the nod. Questionable decisions by judges AND refs AND commissions have spanned decades in boxing, it's not new, it's not any more frequent. But the internet puts it in your face more, giving the illusion that it's happening more frequently.
      I'm sure it's happened before. The past few years I've only been keeping up with big names and with all this going on for the big middle weight fight later this year I thought maybe watching 2 young hot heads going at it would give me that excitement again. I'm not sure if I'm just not as naive as I once was or if they put no effort into hiding the robbery anymore.

By far what did it was noticing how the boxers dad (I think) was doing his best telling the young boxer he was great in there how those judges don't know crap ect. That kids dreams were crushed you could see it. That sucked.

Or maybe I'm just old and developed a soft spot take your pick.
      Yet we sit here debating about corruption in boxing and how long it's really been around instead of talking about the sport itself.
      Last edited by Southpaw_nano; 03-18-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I miss Teddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw_nano View Post
          I'm sure it's happened before. The past few years I've only been keeping up with big names and with all this going on for the big middle weight fight later this year I thought maybe watching 2 young hot heads going at it would give me that excitement again. I'm not sure if I'm just not as naive as I once was or if they put no effort into hiding the robbery anymore.

By far what did it was noticing how the boxers dad (I think) was doing his best telling the young boxer he was great in there how those judges don't know crap ect. That kids dreams were crushed you could see it. That sucked.

Or maybe I'm just old and developed a soft spot take your pick.
          Yet we sit here debating about corruption in boxing and how long it's really been around instead of talking about the sport itself.
          As I made the example on LinkedIn recently, complaining about things is pointless.

"McDonalds needs to offer healthier items!" Why not just go to a place that offers healthier items and stop trying to change McDonalds? "because they should change because I think they should change!" That's not how it should be. Let them do whatever and let the public decide where they're going to go to get their burger.

If you don't like how a business runs, don't support the business.

Arguably, the idea of robberies is not exclusive to boxing. You can choose to keep watching and just getting pissed off or you can not watch and cut off your nose to spite your face.

Comment

I hope he is done. He hurt my enjoyment of the fights he called by talking his strange way every second not stop every round. It's impossible for him to stop talking for even a second while the fight is going on. He is a motormouth and what he says makes no sense. He is always trashing the boxers in the ring saying how they are doing everything wrong. I don't really need any announcers as I can see what is going on in the ring myself. Of all the announcers in boxing I found Atlas to be the most annoying.

Comment

Teddy got fired by ESPN and if not for that he would still be calling fights and annoying the hell out of viewers. Some guys like him. To each his own.

Comment

I find it hilarious that most of the first page thought TS was actually Teddy Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I find it hilarious that most of the first page thought TS was actually Teddy Atlas.
                  I read his post which was definitely not Teddy.

However after seeing the replies, I thought is this actually him because I believe a few people in boxing do articles here.

Then I thought wait the post was definitely not Teddy and nor were the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw_nano View Post
                    I'm not sure what you're implying, I haven't lived out that dream yet I was blessed with a daughter.
                    Congratulations . But you Obviously know what I'm implying by the reply you sent me .

Comment

Involve Trump to clean up corruption? Now I have heard everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X