Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Horn Will Be Streamed Through ESPN+ Subscription App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming is the new Cash cow. Cord cutters everywhere enjoy it while you can, this is going to get out of hand in a few more years.

ESPN won't be so obnoxious that they will put the National Championship game from college football or their partial Masters coverage on the ESPN + app yet, but does anyone really think it isn't coming?

Was very excited to see this fight. Huge Crawford fan. But I am at the end of my budget for entertainment. So I lose out. Not sure how I am going to handle things when streaming services are the near exclusive way to get great content

Comment

wait didn't Arum scream free boxing? But now I got to pay for a cable subscription and then pay for ESPN+ subscription to stream boxing? hmmm not sure how to feel about this.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutKings View Post
        i think you guys have it wrong. This will be on regular ESPN TV too. The app is for if you don't have espn/cable.
        If this is the case, then my question is what happens to Watch ESPN? I have ESPN through a cable company, so will I still be able to stream these fights on Watch ESPN through my cable company's service like I do now? My guess is no and that pisses me off

Comment

So....first fight w/ Bud is the live "test run" (test it out before a big fight) because Arum has the Pac vs Crawford in the on-deck circle and will be able to draw more money and attention for that fight. Bud will get alot of promotion and interviews thru ESPN, Which is good for Bud, Top Rank, and boxing. Crawford vs Pac in the fall, get the ESPN App ads will be on every commercial that has an interview with Bud. Could be a great Move in his (bobs) fight against PBC. It will be HBO vs SHOWTIME vs ESPN (boxing). Nice move old man.
          Last edited by HURTFEELINGS; 03-15-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutKings View Post
            i think you guys have it wrong. This will be on regular ESPN TV too. The app is for if you don't have espn/cable.
            If that was the case they would've announced the fight is going to be on ESPN as well as available on the streaming app. This just says streaming app

Comment

GBP (HBO)
              PBC (SHOWTIME)
              TOP RANK (ESPN)
              ESPN in more homes, no annual subscription required. Wonder if the LGBT crowd is gonna protest ESPN when Manny fights?
              The ****phobic Senator 30for30 NEXT!
              Between the Lines "PED" special
              30for30: The Bob Arum Story "I was lying yesterday"
              Last edited by HURTFEELINGS; 03-15-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                So....first fight w/ Bud is the live "test run" (test it out before a big fight) because Arum has the Pac vs Crawford in the on-deck circle and will be able to draw more money and attention for that fight. Bud will get alot of promotion and interviews thru ESPN, Which is good for Bud, Top Rank, and boxing. Crawford vs Pac in the fall, get the ESPN App ads will be on every commercial that has an interview with Bud. Could be a great Move in his (bobs) fight against PBC. It will be HBO vs SHOWTIME vs ESPN (boxing). Nice move old man.
                That fight isn't happening lol you're a few years too late. Where have you been?

Comment

I hope they don't put their best fights behind a paywall. They should do what the UFC does with Fight Pass and and put lower quality cards on streaming only. The best fights deserve to be on ESPN where they can get the most advertiser money.

If you do the math let's say boxing boosts ESPN+ subscribers by 250k, that's only $1 million. You can get way more on cable. If they put the big fights on the app you'd have piracy cutting into profits. I think making Crawford-Horn exclusive to the app is just to kick start it with big events but I don't think it makes economic sense to have your top names hidden away from casuals and even hardcore boxing fans who are too cheap to subscribe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    And now we know why Crawford's hand is too hurt to fight. ESPN needs more time to get their app out.
                    yup, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      That fight isn't happening lol you're a few years too late. Where have you been?
                      because of his contract with ESPN, he has more $ to offer to MANNY (pac said he'd fight Bud for 20mil). Or Manny vs Loma, Loma crushes Manny, then Garcia vs Loma gotta look ahead. (like the crawford "injury" situation

Comment

Working...
                      X