Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Trainer Rejects Claims They Had Extra Time To Recover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No excuses, I am a Wilder critic. He weathered the storm and got the KO. I have a new respect for him. Still a sure win for AJ in my eyes but proven better than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      It's a new policy in New York to check at the start of the round. It's been going on since the $22 million lawsuit settlement.
      It is what it is. Ortiz gassed himself at the end of 7. So more than likely he wasn't going to pull off the upset even with 10 more seconds to start the round. The heavyweight division is more exciting now than it has been in many years.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        No excuses, I am a Wilder critic. He weathered the storm and got the KO. I have a new respect for him. Still a sure win for AJ in my eyes but proven better than I thought.
        Me too I have respect for him now, he beat a real contender for once. I think a lot of heavyweights now will be afraid to fight him.

Comment

He was protected because the ofiicials wanted him safe for the aj money fight. In the 7th he was dead and if it had gone on for a few more seconds he was finished. His ass was saved with the extra recovery time, and looking at the scorecards, ortiz would have been robbed anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
            Wilder was the better fighter? Lmao you do realize he was down in the fight up until the knockout
            Wilder was the better fighter and won it you idiot. So keen to jerk off on someone elses post that you never even put any thought into your own, stupid. Lmao
            Last edited by RememberTUA?; 03-07-2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              Wilder was the better fighter? Lmao you do realize he was down in the fight up until the knockout
              I was talking about Hearns against Leonard two. I know it was a draw but Tommy bashed him up. Yeah, I know Wilder was behind lol.

Comment

Ortiz's cardio fitness was so poor he probably needed the break more than Wilder.

Comment

Wilder was not finish because Ortiz did not land a real bomb when he had him finished and props to Wilder who kept fighting and then won.

Ortiz should have hit the body more and use an upper or two when he had Wilder, he would’ve won that fight if he did, he just did not.

Comment

That extra 30 seconds had nothing to do with the fact that Ortiz fought scared! He should've been all in that azz Round 8! "Scared money, don't make money!'

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      Checking at the beginning of the round has been standard procedure in NY since the lawsuit settlement. They also give extra time now after knockdowns, which is why there were 20 seconds between Ortiz going down and Wilder being allowed to follow up.
                      And thats another reason why i dont like fights in NY.

Comment

Working...
                      X