Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Showtime's Highest-Rated Fight Since Wilder-Stiverne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOt even increasing from the original stiverne fight says all you need to know about wilder and his popularity. If the Joshua fight doesnt happen next I really hope he doesn’t revert to a a low level opponent again, he needs to enhance his reputation while it is in a good place

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
      NOt even increasing from the original stiverne fight says all you need to know about wilder and his popularity.
      Streaming is a lot more popular in 2018 than it was in 2015. Showtime's streaming customers aren't counted by Nielsen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        NOt even increasing from the original stiverne fight says all you need to know about wilder and his popularity. If the Joshua fight doesnt happen next I really hope he doesn’t revert to a a low level opponent again, he needs to enhance his reputation while it is in a good place
        If it doesn't happen next, it won't be because of Wilder alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          From my experience with the UK (business travel), AJ is much bigger than Hatton.
          We'll see if they travel and take over the arena for Joshua like they did when Floyd fought Hatton.

Comment

this is good news, hope there is more interest in him now

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              "Wonder how accurate these numbers are. We had 10 people who didn’t have Showtime subscriptions at our house to watch the fight. How do they determine actual viewership? "

They really cant and its stupid . I watched the fight bc i got a free showtime preview i can cancel but will probably keep the subscription until the Parker / Joshua fight .

I would bet not many watch fights that are on PPV alone anyway , boxing really is a gathering type sport where you get groups who watch it together . If a bar gets Showtime i dont believe its illegal for them to show it either ?

Best way to configure popularity of a fighter is social media and ticket sales .
              Good insight!

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                u have a bad comparison. Pac-Horn did 4.4 mil on ESPN alone which is in way less homes than CBS has. Over 40 million less homes is ESPN in. Plus that doesn’t count Latino fans watching on Espn deportes or fans streaming the fight. I bet if you added those in the number is over 6 million.

U mention having 10 people over at your house and there is no way to track that accurate if a number. When I buy a ppv we usually have 20 or more people at the house. We had way over 20 people. So if Canelo ggg sold 1.3 mil buys 3 million people would be a conservative number of how many people watched it live not counting illegal streams. Most people don’t order a ppv to watch by themselves. Plus Espn is in all bars and showtime isn’t and several bars bought ggg Canelo plus the movie theatres.

Wilder had a good number going up against hbo especially but slow your roll
                Funny how people see the subscriber base differences between CBS and ESPN but don’t acknowledge the same differences in HBO and Showtime. Let’s also keep in mind 40 million have access to CBS in a much more competive and differentiated market. Sports fans alone watch ESPN. If that’s who you are that’s where you watch it. CBS borrowed from that by using the Olympic Gold Medal basketball game as a set up. So both numbers are very respectable lay ups. Too many fans using numbers in a very biased way.🧐

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
                  +1

Wilder is the one guy my boxing casual buddies ask about. Well, besides the Floyd vs. Conor show.
                  That’s what’s up bro. Bscene needs a stronger like system!

Comment

Him and GGG do similar number but people say Wilder can't draw?

Comment

Working...
                    X