No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao: I Will Fight in Malaysia in May or June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    So you want to speak about what Floyd takes home and you can't even be bothered to account for any of the other revenue streams for this guy. You know about as much regarding the business of boxing as your post indicates if you think Floyd keeps everything.

Here if you don't believe Mayweather pretty much keeps all the revenue.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...biggest-fights

Comment

So what??? Its over pacman go away

Comment

Reading some of the appalling disrespectful comments towards Manny are downright disgusting. This man has given us the fans years and years of thrilling exciting fights. People truly have no respect anymore smh.

Comment

I haven’t looked into it much, but is there any legitimacy to the offer that would make anyone believe this is any different than the thousand UAE offers he and Mayweather have gotten in the past decade, or is he really that naive?

Comment

Just read an article... The 2 options for Pac in Malaysia is Matthysse or Danny Garcia.

Comment

If Pac vs Swift is made... lol that'd surprise a lot of people.

Comment

Lucas or Garcia options seems legit... multiple news sources are reporting.. however this is only based on who Pac "wants" to face...not sure if they are in negotiations with either camp.

Comment

If it's Danny Garcia then it's logical that PAC do it on its own since Bob doesn't deal with Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    Here if you don't believe Mayweather pretty much keeps all the revenue.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...biggest-fights
                    Yes, the bleacherreport now does accounting for Floyd too. Just as bad as people pointing out Forbes and their "estimates" of wealth. I would seriously recommend two things. 1. A business 101 class. 2. A book on how the entertainment industry works. Nobody keeps all of their revenue, and by that I mean nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      Their are plenty of articles where it states that Floyd is the only athlete that controls every aspect of revenue. I'm sure Manny gets money from revenue but nowhere near where he can get a guarantee of 20 mil if his fight only brings in 30 million in revenue after cable providers take half of the PPV revenue.

PPV revenue 9 mil after half of 18 mil is taken from cable providers.

Gate revenue, 10-12 million counting concession sales

That's around 19-21 mil. Add in another 5 million from other sources of revenue and we are talking about 24-26 million.

So how in the hell is Arum going to guarantee him 20 million when Arum also needs to recoup the money he spent on the promotion.
                      Controls and keeps are two entirely different things. Jay-z manages all aspects of his revenue, but even he hasn't found a way of keeping it all. Seriously, I think people tend to read a few p.r. plugs that draw up these unrealistic images of how wealth moves that they don't bother to actually look at where all of that wealth comes from. Plenty of athletes make more money outside of their actual sport than they do from the sport itself. Pacquaio taking a fight to Malaysia isn't about tax breaks alone, he's getting paid to make his fight there, on top of the gate. It's why Monaco was a hotbed for boxing for a good while there as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X