Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao: I Will Fight in Malaysia in May or June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone care??? I don't ...he's finished and they're only probably bringing a B Fighter in for him to make him look good, or in the case of a loss he's down in Malaysia....

Comment

Is this another "fantasy" fight offer?

March 7, 2017:

Manny Pacquiao will not fight in the United Arab Emirates as he’d hoped on April 22, and Amir Khan is now seen as an opponent who’ll have to wait until the second half of 2017.

Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that he has delivered a proposal with Pacquiao manager Michael Koncz that should be delivered to the welterweight champion in the Philippines in a few hours.

Arum said Pacquiao's interest in pursuing talk of a $38-million offer to fight England's former junior-welterweight champion Khan proved to be a quixotic chase.

"When they contacted me, I told them it was pie in the sky, that this is crazy, it's not going to happen," Arum said. "Manny wanted to roll the dice. He rolled the dice and it came up snake eyes."

"If something is too good to be true, it's too good to be true."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...307-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Lol are you serious? It’s about 70 million reasons he won’t fight In the Philippines. I believe he owes the bir over 70 million dollars. They seized his bank acoount already.
        source?...

Comment

Bob says "No".

Comment

About time Manny came to his senses. Bob Arum has the same blue print for decades. Build a PPV star make alot ofnmoney off him and use him to be the gateway for his next pawn. When he should let his legends go out in style. He wants Manny to fight his Top Rank stable of bums. And send Manny to the wolves Terrence Crawford and make him the next PVP star for the next few years. His only problem was he's greedy fighting in house fighters Should have been let Crawford have that signature fight and been a Household name. Cause Crawford is the real deal

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              If it isn't Crawford, does it really matter?
              Agree. Unfortunately, it's not going to matter. With that in mind, I wouldn't mind Matthysee.

But, to be honest, I don't really care what Pac does anymore. It's the next generation's turn.

Pac was easy to root for when he was making history as a boxer...but his post May 2015 career is an exercise in mismanagement. He may end up even more of a tragic figure than Joe Louis...

And his politics have made him a lot less likable as a person.

Comment

If He's serious about this retirement tour then can't really knock him.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  source?...
                  Manila- Senator Manny Pacquiao is seeking a settlement deal with government on a P2.2-billion tax case, the head of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) said Monday.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/04/17/17/pacquiao-seeks-tax-deal-with-bir

MARK PATTERSON

Manny Pacquiao has just got his boxing career back on track with a victory over Brandon Rios, but the Filipino has been hit by news that his bank accounts and millions of dollars in the Philippines have been frozen over unpaid tax.
                  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1867653-manny-pacquiaos-bank-accounts-frozen-in-phillipines-over-31m-unpaid-tax

And that’s just in the Philippines I really didn’t want to mention this.

TMZ Sports has obtained official documents which show the IRS claims Manny stiffed the government out of federal income taxes from 2006 to 2010 ... totaling $18,313,668.79 in debt.

Here's the yearly breakdown:

2006 -- $1,160,324.30
                  2007 -- $2,035,992.50
                  2008 -- $2,862,437.11
                  2009 -- $8,022,915.87
                  2010 -- $4,231,999.01

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Is this another "fantasy" fight offer?

March 7, 2017:

Manny Pacquiao will not fight in the United Arab Emirates as he’d hoped on April 22, and Amir Khan is now seen as an opponent who’ll have to wait until the second half of 2017.

Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that he has delivered a proposal with Pacquiao manager Michael Koncz that should be delivered to the welterweight champion in the Philippines in a few hours.

Arum said Pacquiao's interest in pursuing talk of a $38-million offer to fight England's former junior-welterweight champion Khan proved to be a quixotic chase.

"When they contacted me, I told them it was pie in the sky, that this is crazy, it's not going to happen," Arum said. "Manny wanted to roll the dice. He rolled the dice and it came up snake eyes."

"If something is too good to be true, it's too good to be true."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...307-story.html
                    Yea that sounds about right. Manny ain't smart in this game or he wouldn't have been with Bob so long in the first place. Now he's chasing rainbows & sh^t.

Manny needs to realize he's had an amazing life & has an amazing legacy which made him so much money, but all that sh^t is coming to an end & he can't go around throwing money around like he used to. Thats not some sh^t anyone can do for long unless they are corrupt & got an unlimited source of money to steal. Athletes rarely if every have that sorta ability or option. Manny needs to grow the f#ck up.

Comment

Originally posted by bgdddy6333 View Post
                      About time Manny came to his senses. Bob Arum has the same blue print for decades. Build a PPV star make alot ofnmoney off him and use him to be the gateway for his next pawn. When he should let his legends go out in style. He wants Manny to fight his Top Rank stable of bums. And send Manny to the wolves Terrence Crawford and make him the next PVP star for the next few years. His only problem was he's greedy fighting in house fighters Should have been let Crawford have that signature fight and been a Household name. Cause Crawford is the real deal
                      Not saying I doubt you, but can you cite examples "over the decades" where Arum has consistently done this to fighters?

Comment

Working...
                      X