Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Wasn't Hurt; Didn't Think Ref Would Stop Fight in 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    He walked normal out of the corner, he may have reached it sobering up but he walked out for round 8 normal, go back and watch. I think people are making too much of that checking, considering a fighter just died after a fight i don't think it's that big of a deal either.
    I totally agree. He was hurt but not that much like some people want to show.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Or maybe Ortiz punch himself out and wilder finish Ortiz in 8th round
      Possible, bro. Ortiz was a little reserved to start the 8th round. Maybe he had blown his wad in the 7th.

Comment

Wilder went back to his corner unsteady, was hurt but not enough to stop the fight. That being said he showed true heart and gets my respect to win the fight in that fashion

Comment

If anything i think that the time gave Wilder the time to adapted with ugency, it allowed Wilder to realized that this thing can be over if I dont get it together, but it also showed us that Wilder mental strengthen is very much a hugh attribute to his arsenal,...!?!

Comment

Originally posted by EMOBCBG View Post
            Fury has called him out...
            Fury is about to face Joshua next, winnable fight for Joshua and a super HUGE event "cross the pond". + it will secure Joshua as the a-side with HOMEFIELD advantage for the Wilder fight. Joshua vs Fury is a big fight over there, would sell out Wembly, cant pass up that money and it lets the Wilder vs Joshua "marinate" which will drive ppv ticket sales up to pac/may #'s in terms of sticker price....$99.99

Comment

The refereee could have stopped the fight round 7 in favor of Ortiz at any point. You're lying if you think that wouldn't have been a legitimate call.

The fact that the judges had Wilder ahead on the scorecards, the fact he had a doctor check-up, all of these show me signs there was favoritism/special treatment going on.

But props to Wilder for coming back and winning the fight. Ortiz probably punched himself out in Round #7.

Comment

Wasnt hurt he was out on his feet if ortiz had of been fit it would been over joshua fury will crush this hype job shame like i was starting to buy into wilder being a challenge to aj but running like he did as the champion looked like a coward and got a huge slice of luck once ortiz had ran out of gass aj should fight him in the summer for 20% his stock has fallen rapidly

Comment

wilder wasnt really hurt...you could tell when the bell rang he shook his head.......he could have been on the verge of getting stopped or hurt though had the timing not been right......ortiz had him in good position and kept the punches coming....wasnt much wilder could do but hold and try to block punches....i dont think wilder was really hurt tho

Comment

To be fair it's hard to tell if Wilder is hurt. He stumbles around the ring like a drunk naturally.

Comment

I like Wilder but he was hurt and I wish he would admit it.

Comment

Working...
                      X