Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Wasn't Hurt; Didn't Think Ref Would Stop Fight in 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bori84 View Post
    He was almost out of there and MAYBE if it weren't for the extra time he got prior to round 8 (while doctor was "evaluating" him), things MAY have been different. We'll never know but now bring on Wilder vs AJ!!!
    He walked normal out of the corner, he may have reached it sobering up but he walked out for round 8 normal, go back and watch. I think people are making too much of that checking, considering a fighter just died after a fight i don't think it's that big of a deal either.

Comment

Originally posted by bori84 View Post
      He was almost out of there and MAYBE if it weren't for the extra time he got prior to round 8 (while doctor was "evaluating" him), things MAY have been different. We'll never know but now bring on Wilder vs AJ!!!
      The extra time didn’t help him.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        He walked normal out of the corner, he may have reached it sobering up but he walked out for round 8 normal, go back and watch. I think people are making too much of that checking, considering a fighter just died after a fight i don't think it's that big of a deal either.
        They have to try and discredit the win is all extra 4 secs won’t help if he was as hurt as people making it out to be, he walked to corner fine after 7th and got up and started walking to middle ring fine start of 8th

Comment

He wasn't hurt but he was almost out of there

Comment

I don't think he was that hurt. He was still aware of the punches coming and made Ortiz miss. I noticed that in the first Stiverne fight. Whenever Stiverne connected with anything he was able to avoid taking more punches. This might be the difference in a fight with Joshua. I still think Joshua is the better fighter, but Wilder's ability to stay focused when he's in danger gives him opportunity to get the win. Wilder's biggest problem is staying focused when he has his opponent hurt, not necessarily when he is hurt. You would think it was the opposite.

Comment

He was hurt but not enough to stop the fight. Wilder showed that he has a better chin than people give him credit for. I still favour AJ if they fight but he is no way out of depth with him and could easily win that fight.

AJ has a nation behind him in the way Hatton had it. In fairness, he actually has more of a following than Hatton

Comment

If he comes in that situation against AJ, he is done.

Comment

18 second super special timeout
                  To recover .

I rank AJs win over wlad as a bigger win.
                  Plus didnt wilder say ortiz was always on
                  Steroids

18 seconds . Timeout , hold on hold on timeout
                  Chill , give me 18 seconds to get my senses back.

Dante extra time Wilder

Timeouttttttt Squaddddd

Comment

Wilder got extra time to recover that did help him recover but this is boxing there is always some BS going on

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                      Wilder's tenacity won him the fight.
                      I want to hear the first boxer to call him out after this massive victory.
                      Fury has called him out...

Comment

Working...
                      X