No announcement yet.

They were going to ROB Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
    I gave Wilder the 2nd,5th,6th and the 9th as clear rounds. A one round difference either way ain't a robbery my dude.
    Well, it wasn't a robbery cause Wilder stopped him..

Props to Wilder.

IMO, doe, I can't see giving Wilder second... It really doesn't matter, doe.

I'ma say that the ref, and judges favoring Wilder, aren't mutually exclusive with giving Wilder props for doing what he had to do to win..

Both are true - Wilder definitely was being treated like a clear A-side, AND Wilder also did well to not get KTFO, and KTFO Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
      Well, it wasn't a robbery cause Wilder stopped him..

Props to Wilder.

IMO, doe, I can't see giving Wilder second... It really doesn't matter, doe.

I'ma say that the ref, and judges favoring Wilder, aren't mutually exclusive with giving Wilder props for doing what he had to do to win..

Both are true - Wilder definitely was being treated like a clear A-side, AND Wilder also did well to not get KTFO, and KTFO Ortiz.
      wilder clearly and cleanly knocked down ortiz in the 2nd round.

i didnt give him 10-8 because it wasnt officially ruled a knockdown, but i still gave wilder the round.

Comment

I've watched the fight again and man, Wilder really outboxed Ortiz. On top of landing more, he landed way more jabs, kept distance very well and countered well. In fact, all times that Ortiz went down it started with counters. His small steps didn't let Ortiz find his range and he was ducking preemptively after most big rights, what inabled Ortiz to counter them. To top it off, he adjusted to the right hook that hurt him and blocked it afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          First of, this is not to discredit Wilder, who put in the work and pulled off a terrific win, although I think he showed just how open he is and how poor his defence is.

THIS is a thread about the fact that the judges had Wilder a round or 2 up going into the 10th round. If Wilder never got the stoppage, they were planning on robbing Ortiz on the cards...I mean WTF!!!!

This is the yet another big fight in the US with judges being bought out. I can't think of a single high profile bout in recent times where this hasnt happened (GGG/Canelo, Kov/Ward all come to mind). This **** is getting out of hand.

Ban the sport in the US if it continues.
          simmer down

if you look at the fight with unbiased eyes, 2 of the 1st 4 could have gone either way. if you dont know how subjective scoring is, then you never will. some judges like attackers, some like boxers. trinidad fans still say he beat dlh !!!!!

Comment

Barring Ortiz knocking out Wilder it was always going to go the bombers way if it was a close fight.
            Too much money to be made in the AJ V WILDER fight to let Ortiz win.
            Same goes with Parker he had better knock out AJ or their is no way he will score a decision unless its totally one-sided. Even then???
            So get ready for AJ V WIDER for all the belts and for one to say he is the most dangerous boxer alive.
            Its all about the $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
              Is that true? If Wilder didn’t rally in the 10th, Ortiz was clearly ahead. If it is true you’re right, the corruption is much too blatant now.
              Of course its true. Check the cards or listen to the end commentary, they are shocked when they learn the judges scores.

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
              This will certainly be leverage for Joshua's side to make a case that the fight should be in the UK, and you couldn't really blame them.
              It should be in the UK regardless. The hw division is dead in the US.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that Wilder would never lose on the cards. There's too much money in a Joshua-Wilder fight to let someone like Ortiz spoil it. Wilder & his team want a cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  He was 1 round up on all scorecards. The truth of the matter is we don't know what was going to happen. Let's not act like the first 4 or so rounds were all Ortiz. He was dictating the pace but neither was landing anything really outside of jabs. Judges split those rounds up if i'm not mistaken. I had Ortiz up though myself
                  All 3 judges had it 85-84 for Wilder.

That is beyond absurd

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    He was 1 round up on all scorecards. The truth of the matter is we don't know what was going to happen. Let's not act like the first 4 or so rounds were all Ortiz. He was dictating the pace but neither was landing anything really outside of jabs. Judges split those rounds up if i'm not mistaken. I had Ortiz up though myself
                    I scored all the first 4 to Ortiz. I can see one to Wilder (cant remember which one) but it was close.

Any more than that is a stretch.

I had Ortiz winning 86-83. With that one round swinging, 85-84.

Finding another round for Wilder is very tricky. He was getting outboxed for much of the fight.

Comment

• this was obvious going into the fight Wilder is a haymon fighter fighting at a haymon arena. Without a KOs the sport of boxing is ridiculously predictable when you have A side vs B side. No matter what if A side fighter has a pulse at the end of the fight he'll get the W. Whats great about the sport is one punch can irrefutably end the fight at anytime and the judges CANT stop that. Best bet for fighters is to not leave it in the judges hands

Comment

Working...
                      X