No announcement yet.

They were going to ROB Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    Ortiz was easily ahead, would have been really bad for the game had this fight ended up going to judges scores based on how they had it. The worse thing was it wasn’t an individual judge but all three?

It brings into question why we had two American judges really? I think for big fights like this they really should have as a minimum: 1 neutral, 1 from each nationality, but preferably three neutrals.
    I agree on that one where the judges should be from neutral countries. And I had Ortiz ahead by a few rounds, but luckily Wilder finished it convincingly so it didn’t go to the cards.. Take nothing away from Wilder. That was a clinical victory..

Something really needs to be done about this corruption with these judges, though..

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
      Yea i dont see this argument from some fans. They keep saying nothing happened, but ortiz was putting pressure on wilder and hitting him with the jab. He was controlling the fight wilder literally wasnt even throwing anything but pawing jabs. He got outworked and out pressured.

To me going into the 6th round ortiz was up 4-1
      In theory, no punches even have to land for a round to be awarded to one of the fighters. For instance, if one guy is throwing punches and missing, while the other guy merely runs away, it’s safe to say the aggressor should be awarded the round. An extreme example, yes, but it illustrates my point.

Nothing much has to happen to find the winner of a round. Last night, one of the posters here said he scored the first four rounds 10-10 (!) “because nothing happened.” Pretty laughable, if you ask me. I mean, the occasional 10-10 round is acceptable, but four in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        It's sad, but, it's true. Wilder deserves a ton of credit for his effort - got knocked into next Tuesday but recovered and finished a tough guy. That takes heart.

But, it's hard not to look at the fact that the Judges had him up on the cards, when it was reasonably clear that he shouldn't have been.

It doesn't take a genius to see that a number of influential people had a lot to lose if Ortiz beat Wilder. It would have been damaging. And that is exactly why you see the cards leaning towards Wilder unfairly.

This is a great example of how Boxing is more business, than sport.
        Agreed on all points. Professional boxing isn’t far removed from pro wrestling. The powers-that-be do their best to make it look good, but if things get hairy, they won’t hesitate to pull a gat. Last night’s scorecard was merely fishy to me, but we’ve all seen the proverbial robbery in broad daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Professional boxing isn’t far removed from pro wrestling.
          They started as the same business, controlled by the same people for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            They started as the same business, controlled by the same people for decades.
            Haha I seem to recall something to that effect. Or am I thinking of “Requiem for a Heavyweight?” Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Haha I seem to recall something to that effect. Or am I thinking of “Requiem for a Heavyweight?” Lol
              The WBA and the NWA were originally the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                The WBA and the NWA were originally the same thing.
                And they remain so in spirit.

Comment

Typical Brit stuff trying to distract from how shady boxing is over there from ****ty scoring to the worst stoppages ever.

Comment

When they stopped to look at Wilder after he was near death, I remember saying out loud that Ortiz would need a KO to leave the ring victorious. He fought a hell of a fight and many ref's would have stopped it in Ortiz's favor after that barrage of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      He was 1 round up on all scorecards. The truth of the matter is we don't know what was going to happen. Let's not act like the first 4 or so rounds were all Ortiz. He was dictating the pace but neither was landing anything really outside of jabs. Judges split those rounds up if i'm not mistaken. I had Ortiz up though myself
                      Lol literally everybody with common sense had Ortiz UP HUGE like 8 rounds to 2 at the time of stoppage.

In the RBR thread I don't remember anybody having it more than 7 rounds to 3, with two 10-8 rounds for Wilder and 1 10-8 for Ortiz.

You can't debate Ortiz deserving a 10-8 round in I forget which round it was, but the one he had Wilder out on his feet, and had roles been reversed, he would have been stopped no question.

Comment

Working...
                      X