No announcement yet.

They were going to ROB Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    First of, this is not to discredit Wilder, who put in the work and pulled off a terrific win, although I think he showed just how open he is and how poor his defence is.

THIS is a thread about the fact that the judges had Wilder a round or 2 up going into the 10th round. If Wilder never got the stoppage, they were planning on robbing Ortiz on the cards...I mean WTF!!!!

This is the yet another big fight in the US with judges being bought out. I can't think of a single high profile bout in recent times where this hasnt happened (GGG/Canelo, Kov/Ward all come to mind). This **** is getting out of hand.

Ban the sport in the US if it continues.
    Is that true? If Wilder didn’t rally in the 10th, Ortiz was clearly ahead. If it is true you’re right, the corruption is much too blatant now.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      First of, this is not to discredit Wilder, who put in the work and pulled off a terrific win, although I think he showed just how open he is and how poor his defence is.

THIS is a thread about the fact that the judges had Wilder a round or 2 up going into the 10th round. If Wilder never got the stoppage, they were planning on robbing Ortiz on the cards...I mean WTF!!!!

This is the yet another big fight in the US with judges being bought out. I can't think of a single high profile bout in recent times where this hasnt happened (GGG/Canelo, Kov/Ward all come to mind). This **** is getting out of hand.

Ban the sport in the US if it continues.
      This will certainly be leverage for Joshua's side to make a case that the fight should be in the UK, and you couldn't really blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
        Lol literally everybody with common sense had Ortiz UP HUGE like 8 rounds to 2 at the time of stoppage.

In the RBR thread I don't remember anybody having it more than 7 rounds to 3, with two 10-8 rounds for Wilder and 1 10-8 for Ortiz.

You can't debate Ortiz deserving a 10-8 round in I forget which round it was, but the one he had Wilder out on his feet, and had roles been reversed, he would have been stopped no question.
        You can't even do basic math you ******ed motha****a.. Bobby Deez just busted them cheeks open, cuz.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
          Is that true? If Wilder didn’t rally in the 10th, Ortiz was clearly ahead. If it is true you’re right, the corruption is much too blatant now.
          if the fix was in, why did all three judges give ortiz a 10-8 round even though he didnt knock wilder down?

i had ortiz up 1 at ringside, but if the judges flip one round, then wilder is up 1. that doesnt mean the fix is in. rounds 3 and 4 could go either way.

not to mention wilder got robbed of a clear knockdown in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
            You can't even do basic math you ******ed motha****a.. Bobby Deez just busted them cheeks open, cuz.
            Hahah I love BOBBY DEEZ, DOE??

Where is my math messed up? The concept remains the same - Wilder won 2, or 3 rounds tops.

And ortiz deserved a 10-8 round in the round in which he had Wilder wobbling around the ring for over a minute.

Comment

Hahah I love BOBBY DEEZ, DOE??

Where is my math messed up? The concept remains the same - Wilder won 2, or 3 rounds tops.

And ortiz deserved a 10-8 round in the round in which he had Wilder wobbling around the ring for over a minute.
              You said you had it 8 rounds to 2. The fight ended in the 10th.

If he had survived the 10th he wouldn't have won with 3 knockdowns against him and 2 or 3 rounds tops. So where is all this robbery ****?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                You said you had it 8 rounds to 2. The fight ended in the 10th.

If he had survived the 10th he wouldn't have won with 3 knockdowns against him and 2 or 3 rounds tops. So where is all this robbery ****?
                Ok, so 7 rounds to 2, or 6 rounds to 3.. Each of them deserved one 10-8 round.

No way to justify Wilder being up one round going into the 10th. None.

BOBBY DEEEEZ hahah

Comment

Ok, so 7 rounds to 2, or 6 rounds to 3.. Each of them deserved one 10-8 round.

No way to justify Wilder being up one round going into the 10th. None.

BOBBY DEEEEZ hahah
                  I gave Wilder the 2nd,5th,6th and the 9th as clear rounds. A one round difference either way ain't a robbery my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    In theory, no punches even have to land for a round to be awarded to one of the fighters. For instance, if one guy is throwing punches and missing, while the other guy merely runs away, it’s safe to say the aggressor should be awarded the round. An extreme example, yes, but it illustrates my point.

Nothing much has to happen to find the winner of a round. Last night, one of the posters here said he scored the first four rounds 10-10 (!) “because nothing happened.” Pretty laughable, if you ask me. I mean, the occasional 10-10 round is acceptable, but four in a row?
                    Pretty much, thats called ring generalship. Ortiz was controlling the pace of the fight for the first half. He was making wilder back up basically scared to even commit. I dont see how you can give wilder those rounds ortiz was controlling the fight.

Comment

wilder is just that dominant. even when he loses he wins

Comment

Working...
                      X