Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me how a guy like Wilder hasn't lost yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain to me how a guy like Wilder hasn't lost yet?

He is a great athlete but his fundamentals, balance, and technique is very subpart. Spilka, Stiverne, and Ortiz we're all better but yet they lost. Is Wilder changing our perspective on what it takes to be a champion and elite boxer? Or is this all based on luck?

Lack of competition. Luis Ortiz is the best fighter he has fought today and he got it through the skin of this teeth.

Comment

Ortiz got a bit tired and lost the patience. With patience he could have won it. But yeah Wilder was coming stronger.

Something similar happened with Spilka. Though Ortiz obviosly was at least 1 point up, to me.

Seems to me like Wilder is patient and goes for the KO after the opponent is a bit tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        He is a great athlete but his fundamentals, balance, and technique is very subpart. Spilka, Stiverne, and Ortiz we're all better but yet they lost. Is Wilder changing our perspective on what it takes to be a champion and elite boxer? Or is this all based on luck?
        Let’s just read the excuses from this great question Sheldon lol...

Comment

He's 6"7 with devastating power in his right hand. That's why he hasn't lost yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            Let’s just read the excuses from this great question Sheldon lol...
            I really do think that Wilder is revolutionizing the way we perceive skill.

Comment

Energy levels, strength, power, speed and balls.

Comment

Wilder carries his power into the late rounds. That's a unique skill in the heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                  He has a good chin and insane power. Eventually someone will survive long enough and beat him by decision. It just hasn't happened yet. He always manages to catch them somehow.

Comment

Stiverne is a MUCH less effective counter puncher and skilled opposition than Ortiz ..... thats why he was in real danger tonight .

Wilder had probably studied the Spzilka fight and learned .

Nothings changing ,its about who can do or apply their own strengths . Wilder does this , BUT had Ortiz went at him sooner against a slow gager? Im not sure why a great long body jabber also didnt use it more either ?

Luck ? Maybe some and he was in alot of trouble the 7th rnd but its up to the other guy to hand him his L ............

I still like Joshua immensely in that fight and he willneed Luck and then some if he fights like he did tonight bc Joshua IS a fast starter and will not step back if he lands bc hes a combo puncher and will be studying this fight .

Wilder hits hard and has speed along with length ,its good enough for what hes faced thats why hes winning . Tonight puts him on the map.

Comment

Working...
                    X