Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Survives Huge Scare, Knocks Ortiz Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've watched the fight again and man, Wilder really outboxed Ortiz. On top of landing more, he landed way more jabs, kept distance very well and countered well. In fact, all times that Ortiz went down it started with counters. His small steps didn't let Ortiz find his range and he was ducking preemptively after most big rights, what inabled Ortiz to counter them. To top it off, he adjusted to the right hook that hurt him and blocked it afterwards

Comment

• And nobody else see the two behind the head punches on 10th round in which the referee called it a "slip". (no warning)

Comment

• Originally posted by Factual Voice View Post
        Any top ten HW currently active beats wilder hands down.

That's a fact and Dibella and Haymon knows it.
        Wilder just KO'd one of the top 5 HW Currently active. Keep hating.

Some people can't give any credit. I have said for a year Joshua beats Wilder. I absolutely believe it. But Wilder is not a joke, is not glass jawed, and comes to win. He deserves some respect

Comment

• Originally posted by Manic Shot View Post
          And nobody else see the two behind the head punches on 10th round in which the referee called it a "slip". (no warning)
          They glanced him & he was swinging wildly. Ortiz was stumbling around they had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the fight. The straight rights & uppercut finished him.

Comment

• Where you at kafkod? Where you at vitali00? Where are all the obnoxious haters who said the guy giving up 30 pounds would get knocked out like someone giving up 30 pounds should??? Where are all the haters who said Wilder has no chin? That his chin will be exposed?

These idiots fill every thread with their hate, not talking any boxing sense at all. Just hate, hate, hate. It is a joke that any of them have green. They have shown over and over again to not be able to hold a conversation and shown to be completely wrong every chance they get. Than they are exposed and just go away for a little bit and then come back to flood threads with messages full of hate and nothing to do with boxing. A more reputable site would ban such blatant trolls.

Comment

• I called it here on 2 threads & bet elsewhere that Wilder would knock Ortiz out in the 10th. I was right but with that being said I had it 6-3 (86-84 with the KD) going into the 10th in favor of Ortiz. When I score a fight I don't give even rounds nor do I give a 10-8 round unless there is a KD or a point deduction. I don't give a 9-9 round to a fighter who got KD but may have done more in the round. If you get KD then you lose the round unless each guys scores a KD or there is a point deduction. The late start in the 8th was an extra 8 seconds. The doctor wrongly called him over but it had no effect on the fight whatsoever. Wilder showed heart & a good chin. He was also lucky there was not much time left in the 7th but there was NO way the fight should have been stopped like some of the pathetic bias excuse making haters claimed. He held on & only took a couple clean shots. I gave Ortiz the first 4 rounds. I only gave Wilder 5, 7 & 9 with the bonus point from the KD. Wilder pretty much ended this fight with a right hand before the slip in the 10th. After that he had Ortiz is trouble & it was only a matter of time. That was a big win for Wilder. Ortiz should still be a player & could still be involved in a few big fights. Let's see who he will fight next. Bring on Joshua/Parker winner...

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                You know what I really didn't catch the bolded part. That was my fault. You gave props so I take what I said back
                No worries friend... we're all just sharing our opinions on boxing, it's all good.

Comment

• Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  You must not understand the sport very well. You train 8 +/- weeks for X fighter, then Y fighter comes in as substitute. Then it's an entirely different fight... one you are not prepared for. Why, with as many times as we've seen that happen in recent years, are there still some of you guys who just don't get it YET? I really hope Joshua rematches Takam, and I think he might, just to shut you clueless clowns up on the subject.

Your mind doesn't seem to work so well there bubba. Do less drugs, and you'll find that just maybe you can develop some cognitive skills and normal reading comprehension. Takam is Takam, DA. He's always fought the way he fought Joshua. And Joshua trained for an entirely different style, whether your DA will admit it or not. He did NOT do SOME training for Takam along with the training he was doing for the other guy. GTFOH loser bwaaaaay. Joshua/Wilder IS a 50/50 fight. End of story.

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
                  lmao just stop fvkin crying bu bu bu aj wasn't prepared!!! so explain the wlad fight then, did he train for wlad properly? he couldnt do **** when wlad was on his toes, his response to movement is bum rush thats it, he can't deal with movement at all so get that in ur empty skull
                  I see you have permanent brain damage so I'll just accept that and let it go. Sorry, I don't have training to speak to an obvious tard bwaaaaay.

But if you think ANY fighter is going to do as good in a fight with a late sub as he does with the fighter he trained for... your mind is simply blown there bubba. As for Joshua/Klit... looks like Joshua adjusted fine in the later rounds AND STOPPED KLIT.

But really... something you should consider... maybe you can get some disability payments for that wacko brain defect.

LOL!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                    Where you at kafkod? Where you at vitali00? Where are all the obnoxious haters who said the guy giving up 30 pounds would get knocked out like someone giving up 30 pounds should??? Where are all the haters who said Wilder has no chin? That his chin will be exposed?

These idiots fill every thread with their hate, not talking any boxing sense at all. Just hate, hate, hate. It is a joke that any of them have green. They have shown over and over again to not be able to hold a conversation and shown to be completely wrong every chance they get. Than they are exposed and just go away for a little bit and then come back to flood threads with messages full of hate and nothing to do with boxing. A more reputable site would ban such blatant trolls.
                    Some of them are only one people. I noticed three of them posted one after another right after the fight, one turn for each, like they were waiting the other stop. That explain their green

Comment

• Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                      The judges were shocking to be honest. Ortiz comfortably won’t first four rounds, and looked set to win fifth round until the knockdown from wilder.
                      I honestly can’t see how wilder was winning - even if being generous to him he was clearly behind in the fight.
                      How about a knock-down in second when referee saw a "slip" when there was none?

Wilder performed a clean KD. Ortiz lost his left leg after Wilder's left short.
                      Last edited by Ajvar; 03-05-2018, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X