Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Survives Huge Scare, Knocks Ortiz Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
    Even though Ortiz lost I ended leaving more impressed with him.
    I was never super high on him like other people were.
    It's a shame he is in his late 30's, some even think he is older.

Respect to Wilder. Guy can punch and has a lot of heart.
    I don't know how he was up on the scorecards though.
    We shouldn't be surprised however. A lot of money in that Joshua-Wilder fight. Unless Wilder got KO'd there was no way he would lost today.
    l'm glad it didnt go to the scorecards Judges were saved from public humilation.

Some of the stuff was shady as giving Wilder more time to recover because there was "water" in the corner??

Wilder is never ever out of a fight with that power he doesnt even need to land flush and its goodnight, Heavyweight division is back and its thanks to Deontay Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      Just imagine a 214 lbs man knocking out a 241 lbs. It's unheard of.
      It makes more sense in a street fight. But when it's a professionally trained fighter with bricks for hands how is it possible. That's why I've always had a ton of props for Wilder most guys are a lot heavier than him.

Comment

• I think the age really showed with Ortiz on his timing and accuracy on his counter left. He kept missing it all damn night. He could still pull the trigger but it was just a little too slow and off target.

Comment

• The scorecards is very funny

Comment

• AJ will kill this kid any day any time

Comment

Now let Ortiz fight the winner between Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker. King Kong really surprised me tonight, He didn't look old or slow. He was beating Deontay to the jab and the punch. I take back all my criticism of that man. I tip my hat to him. He is a great man with a heart of a champion. May God bless him!
              Why would Ortiz fight the winner? i think him fighting the loser makes more sense.

Comment

• Skill wise ive never seen a heavy that good.

Comment

Just imagine a 214 lbs man knocking out a 241 lbs. It's unheard of.
                  Evander Holyfield would have blown your mind.

Smaller than Wilder and..Douglas for example was bigger than Ortiz.

It’s not uncommon at all tbh.

Comment

• Great performance by Wilder. He had to dig deep and show us something in this fight. Ortiz put him in a position where that was required and Wilder showed it. A lot of parralels between this fight and Joshua's vs. Klitschko.

Comment

• Wow, what a fight. Few things if you give a sh *t (no one ever does)...Ortiz clearly had superior boxing TECHNIQUE to Wilder. Before Joshua (or Parker) they'll have to work a lot on his footwork/balance, which has gotten much, much better, though. I disagreed with the judges' scoring cards, all which had Wilder ahead 85-84 at the time of stoppage. I think Wilder was down by 3. I saw he got his 2nd wind near the middle of the 9th and Ortiz was getting slower and slower, so I figured we'd go to a draw or maybe if he could get another knockdown, Wilder by 1. You've got to give it up to Wilder for not going down in the 7th after getting worked over like that. Showed some resilience. For getting wild at times (what did he call it; "controlled chaos"), he's pretty accurate with some of those shots on the knockdowns when going crazy. Finds the head. And we found out he had the flu with the 214 weigh-in which maybe explains some of the stamina issues down the stretch. You can't argue that he does have that power be it in the 1st round or in the 10th and beyond. He just knows how to crack. Gotta give him credit. Ortiz would trouble a lot of guys in the division with movement and placement, including Joshua. So hopefully AJ gets past Parker (I really don't want to watch Wilder and Parker) and we can finally unify.

Comment

Working...
                      X