Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Hurt Golovkin in The Tenth, I Was Close To Stopping Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“He was hurt so I continued going backwards and slowing the pace of the fight down”

Comment

GGG at no point was almost out or hurt. Sometimes these boxers must think if you say something it becomes fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        Regardless, canelo has wins against at least two future first ballot hall of famers... ggg, none. Still under 30 and you say he can’t improve because he has has a long career? Wasn’t one of the narratives before canelo vs ggg 1 that ggg was great at cutting the ring and had some of the best footwork because of it, and canelos was a flat cement footed plodder? Didn’t canelo box using his foot movement? Was that not improvement in his most recent fight? Or is he not gonna improve anymore because that’s the fight that made him a veteran in the Game at a young age? He has improved every fight since Mayweather. He will continue to do so, next is work rate. He will be more active with ggg and light that boy up like a Christmas tree
        Cotto and Mosley being the hall of famers? Both were welters and both were past prime. He also has a loss against a past prime welter but GGG thus far does not. I'm not saying Canelo can't improve but I havent seen him against a tricky style like Mayweather to show it, Lara being the closest. It's interesting that he has become a boxer and mover but when Lara and Floyd did it it was running and spoiling. He will need he's workrate up to beat Golovkin, who despite he age fights at a high pace without fading, but I don't see what more Canelo can do to get fitter. He works hard already, he's not likely to become Calzaghe now. But as of this moment, he has a win over Trout and a questionable one against Lara, and thats he's best wins. If he doesn't do well in the rematch he will remain a draw but won't be considered a great. He's got to win, a draw which was a loss in the eyes of the consensus won't do.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Salty Golovtards will say 'Lil G' won this round too! it don't matter if Canelo throws the kitchen sink on Gennady, the second he moves to evade an attack they say ' he ran! ' and loses the round!

This is boxing, we score defense -- sorry to break it to you all.
          I feel you on the Wilder stance, 1 hr. But that elbow from Canelo looks damn good in that gif. No that’s returning fire!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
            Cotto and Mosley being the hall of famers? Both were welters and both were past prime. He also has a loss against a past prime welter but GGG thus far does not. I'm not saying Canelo can't improve but I havent seen him against a tricky style like Mayweather to show it, Lara being the closest. It's interesting that he has become a boxer and mover but when Lara and Floyd did it it was running and spoiling. He will need he's workrate up to beat Golovkin, who despite he age fights at a high pace without fading, but I don't see what more Canelo can do to get fitter. He works hard already, he's not likely to become Calzaghe now. But as of this moment, he has a win over Trout and a questionable one against Lara, and thats he's best wins. If he doesn't do well in the rematch he will remain a draw but won't be considered a great. He's got to win, a draw which was a loss in the eyes of the consensus won't do.
            At the end of a fighters career they won’t look at how old your opponents were at the time you beat them. Also, he is champion at multiple weight divisions which has some pull in its self as far as getting in the hof. What ggg has going, and the only thing he has going is the Hopkins mw title defense record. If he breaks that he is in, if he doesn’t then it’s debatable. Hope the fight produces a clear winner with no injury first and foremost and may the best man win. I know that if canelo wins, people still won’t give him credit and start crying for him to face another opponent. It’s just how it works but oh well. I just want all the gggroupies to stfu already to be honest. If ggg wins, I’ll tip my hat to him. Wont ever doubt him again.

Comment

The judge that scored 118-110 for Canelo was like playing Pokemon Go instead of judging

Comment

Canelo and GGG both have granite chin.

Comment

Salty Golovtards will say 'Lil G' won this round too! it don't matter if Canelo throws the kitchen sink on Gennady, the second he moves to evade an attack they say ' he ran! ' and loses the round!

This gif perfectly displays Canelo lighting up a fcking christmas tree in the middle of the ring

Comment

You mean defense like blocking shots with your gloves? So GGG won that round as well?
                    Good to know. I am glad we agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Whats suspect about knowing someone is better than you??? And deserves the best 100%??? Whats odd is how creepy you made it
                      I'm just ****ing with you. No way was I going to let that slide after all the shots you try to take at me.

Comment

Working...
                      X