Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I've Been Calling Out Anthony Joshua For Almost 2 Years!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    All you do is lie and troll.

Nobody is feigning importance. I happen to work in boxing. Big deal. I never said I was important. I'm just offering a different perspective than most fans would because my views are shaped by information many of you might not be aware of. That doesn't make me important or unimportant. If this was a website about plumbing and I happened to be a plumber, that wouldn't make me important, but I might have more insight than people who just like to take a ****.

I've never said I was controlled by the sanctioning bodies. What does that even mean? Yes I am friends with people who work for sanctioning bodies. So sometimes I may have insight on why they did something. That doesn't mean they control me. They don't know I post here. They probably wouldn't want me to post here. This message board is considered a cesspool among those in the industry that visit it. The idiots and trolls make this site nearly unreadable. And you are one of the biggest idiots and trolls here.
    Well if the forum is so unreadable why don't you **** off and provide your 'insight' somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Well if the forum is so unreadable why don't you **** off and provide your 'insight' somewhere else.
      You’re such a **** poster lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        You’re such a **** poster lmao.
        I'd be concerned if you thought I was a good poster

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          I would’ve given Joshua the benefit of the doubt, but his interviews suggest that he is reluctant. Hearn is just flat out scared for his boy. Ortiz will be no match for Wilder.
          Ah, but we shall see...

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
            There's always fine print to his callouts. Everything has conditions or roadblocks - he knows this.

Wilder and his callouts are about as substantial as mine.
            100% this.

He always has a ridiculous demand that he knows won't be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              I know it's not very popular on this site to analyze facts objectively. Which makes sense since it's fans with allegiances to specific fighters.

But if we're being fair, it's obviously ridiculous to claim AJ ducked Wilder several times.

A case could be made that AJ ducked Wilder this March, but it would be a flimsy case at best. I don't think it's ducking to give a fight more time to build as long as you do end up taking the fight. So in my personal opinion, AJ hasn't ducked Wilder yet. Yes, he could have fought him in March, but it made way more business sense to fight Parker first and AJ vs. Wilder is such a bigger fight later this year than it would be now.

This Miller talk though should have everyone nervous that the plan is to duck Wilder. For all of us that want to see AJ vs. Wilder, the biggest fear has always been that HBO would do whatever it takes to block the fight.

Mentioning Miller as an opponent certainly makes it seem like Hearn is leaning towards HBO, even though it'll kill the Wilder fight dead. Which would be a real shame. A real real shame. Everyone knows AJ & Wilder are #1 and #2 on the planet. Everyone who cares about knowing who the best boxer on Earth is wants to see them fight. Delaying the fight for another year would make sense in terms of giving the general public time to find out about the fight and get excited, but it'll be a real shame if Matchroom & HBO go full board and this fight never happens.
              Not often I agree with you but everything you said here is sensible. I don't honk fighting miller would be ducking, unless wilder actually came with a proper proposal. Even in that scenario this fight makes sense to happen at some point this year to help build his name in America ahead of a wilder fight; the same way that wilder fighting whyte would be a sensible move also to be honest.

I really do think (and I know many disagree because they want it now) that fighting summer 2019 in wembley; and following up in las vegas as a rematch in November time is the sensible solution.

In the mean time Joshua could have faced the likes of Parker, potvekin, Miller, haye, etc

In addition wilder could have fought Ortiz, whyte, breazeale, pulev.

If both fighters beat all those above by next summer the fight would be at a completely different level to what it is now and the hype and possibility would be huge. It makes sense for both parties if you think logically about it.

Comment

I'd be concerned if you thought I was a good poster
                Nobody thinks that you’re a good poster. You just dick blow your favorite fighters.

Comment

Because I'm paid to post here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    Not often I agree with you but everything you said here is sensible.
                    Always happy to agree or disagree as long as the other party is willing to have a productive discussion. So I appreciate the intelligent reply.

I don't honk fighting miller would be ducking
                    Fighting Miller in and of itself isn't a duck. I have no problem with saving Wilder for December. The problem is that mentioning Miller sure seems to indicate that the plan is to jump to HBO, killing the Wilder fight dead in the process. HBO had zero interest in Miller, then suddenly put him on Hearn promoted HBO World Championship Boxing telecasts twice in a row. Then Hearn mentions AJ vs. Miller next. Do the math. Clearly HBO thinks they are a) getting this fight and b) getting Joshua long term.

But why would AJ jump ship if the biggest fight possible is on SHO? The only reason for Hearn to take AJ to HBO is if HBO is bribing him with dates for his other fighters. Just as HBO & SHO did with Tyson back in the day, Mayweather more recently, etc. When you have the straw that stirs the drink, you can get a lot of accommodations.

SHO would surely out bid any dollar amount HBO offers for AJ, but if HBO offers Hearn 12 dates a year, that's not something SHO can match. So everyone should be really nervous that Hearn may jump in bed with HBO in a major way, resulting in AJ and Wilder never fighting. It would be a real shame. I won't knock HBO's hustle. They've desperately wanted to block AJ vs. Wilder for years. They're going to do everything they can to stop it. But it really sucks for fans if they're successful.

The heavyweights boxing fans care about are AJ, Wilder, Tyson Fury, King Kong, Povetkin, Whyte, Bellew, Parker, etc. None of them are with HBO. SHO has Wilder and King Kong. SHO results in more interesting fights for AJ than HBO. No fight is gained by going to HBO. What's gained is dates for Hearn's other fighters, which doesn't really benefit AJ. But it wouldn't be the first or last time a promoter leverages the sport's hottest star to get dates for the rest of his stable.

Comment

Let's be clear here though - hearns primary objective is building the fight up for the next show. Suggesting this fight against Joshua builds interest both is USA and U.K. , even is having the discussion now is just doing exactly what he wants. It could happen next but that really won't be his primary short term objective.

It won't be long till a number of those fighters actually do fight on hbo anyway, given matchroom usa is setup I fully expect the likes of whyte , etc to fight there at some point. Potvetkin, even if not against Joshua next fight - could well fight there ; and should bellew win against haye (which I personally don't think) a next fight in America would be a sensible shout.

Hearn also indicated a number of fighters joining his stable in next month or so including upcomers and already well known names - let's wait and see who they are; it's likely they will be more aimed at USA than uk.

If wilder Joshua is delayed, I personally don't have a problem with that. Joshua does have multiple other big fight ppportunites next 18 months in my opinion - and he is well within his right (as is Hearn) to join any show they like. I wouldn't consider that ducking, I mean your not going to say wilder should quit his deal or when it ends move to hbo so he isn't ducking? ReLity is if they want the fight they can do a deal - that is always the case, the real loss will be to wilder rather than Joshua ; as wilder needs Joshua more than vice versus
                      Last edited by Kezzer; 02-21-2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X