Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I Want Thurman, It's On Him, Whenever He's Ready

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Keith has had that injury for some time, he attributed the injury to not being able to stop his opponents in fights before Garcia. It's on video...let's not rewrite history, Garcia was beaten by a superior fighter. End of story.

Danny hurt Thurman bad in that fight! Nobody wants to give DSG any credit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MannyQuacioau View Post
      Danny hurt Thurman bad in that fight! Nobody wants to give DSG any credit!!!
      So....the fact that he's mentioned this injury from back in the Collazo fight means nothing. Danny was beating up on Keith back then too? Trolling makes sense when it's funny and this ain't that.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        No no, I'm not saying it CAN'T happen. I'm just asking you if you think it WILL happen.
        I've never seen Ocampo fight, so I have no idea. He's all of 22 years of age, has basically been put in with utterly soft competition.

If his camp thinks he's ready, they take the fight. If the 22 year old still needs more seasoning, they take their time with him.

Comment

Whenever Thurman is ready, he'll beat Garcia again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
            DSG is fighting Spence later this year.

I appear to be the only person on here who knows this. When the fight is announced or actually takes place- in 2018- I expect all kinds of green. DSG has never talked much at all, never really called anyone out or anything. He's also never said no to a fight.

DSG would most likely not get Thurman in summer of 2019 anyway. After Porter rematch Thurman takes an easy stay-busy fight or the mega-fight with Spence. Then what for DSG? He will have waited for a year and a half, two years for his mandatory shot but by the time he gets it, Spence has the title anyway.

DSG has a few options. First, wait forever and hope that Thurman fights him while Thurman still has a belt. Two, he could fight Spence this year. Three, he can fight a bum late this year and the loser of Thurman-Porter II next year.

Also, what would make more money? To have Thurman-Porter II, then Thurman-Garcia II then finally Thurman-Spence in 2020. Or to have Thurman-Porter II and Spence-Garcia late this year and a ppv clash between winners next year? Not to mention, the man in charge of all this- Haymon- needs to keep the #1 p4p fighter Spence happy. Spence wants the big names. He is not going to be happy and stay with Haymon if Peterson is the biggest and best opponent he gets for the next two years.

Haymon will do whatever is necessary for Spence and Mikey to stay with him. Those are the two with superstar and dollar signs written all over them.
            Danny Garcia has options because he's been able to prove that he sells tickets, whether he's in New York, LA, Philadelphia, or Las Vegas, etc. Danny can basically fight anyone at this point and clear $1.5m.

Vs Jessie Vargas, vs Luis Collazo, vs Shawn Porter, and vs Victor Ortiz are all good fights that can be made for Danny while he waits on Thurman.

Beyond that, after the "shake the rust off" fight, Keith Thurman's next three fights are basically set: Porter to settle the first owed mandatory, Garcia to settle the second owed mandatory, and the only bout in the PBC orbit to push back the Garcia fight being the unification against Spence.

Comment

Working...
            X