Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter- Confrontation in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Shawn doesn't have to look hard to find Errol. Do that instead. Chump.
    I was waiting for the press to ask porter about fighting spence. Now we know directly from porter he don't want none of spence.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Shawn is Thurman's mandatory.

Shawn isn't Spence's mandatory.

Shawn has a personal issue with Thurman and wants revenge.

Shawn has no personal issue with Spence.

Thurman holds the two most prestigious world championships in boxing, the WBC and WBA. Spence holds the IBF. Ask any fighter if they'd rather be unified WBC/WBA champion or just hold the IBF and 100% will say they'd rather be unified champion. So of course Porter will prefer the fight where he can achieve more and become unified champion.

Thurman is considered the top fighter in the division and fighting Thurman is more lucrative than fighting Spence.

So, instead of fighting the biggest fight for the most money and the most belts, with the most personal issues, that is the most likely to happen due to being the mandatory, you expect Porter to instead pursue a smaller fight, for fewer belts, and less money, that he might not even be able to get since he's not ranked, instead of pursuing the fight he can definitely get, that pays more, against a bigger star, with more at stake?

Just want to make sure I have that right.
      Stop making sense!!

Not allowed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Good and entertaining face down, love the back and forth chat but Porter is looking like a clown right now. Thurman has told the world he isn’t ready yet, we all know he is coming back from surgery and inactivity so he isn’t going to fight your behind right now. If you are that inpatient then go on and ask spence for a fight, spence has a belt and beating him would position you for a unification with Thurman. I wish he was that eager for a spence fight, and Thurman should have told him to go fight Spence whilst he isn’t ready yet.
        Agree 💯! When Spence was brought up, after Shawn saying I guess I’ll take a fight in June then, his a$$ froze at the thought of Errol

Comment

Ducking Spence

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
            Stop making sense!!

Not allowed here.
            lol yes i've noticed

Comment

Originally posted by Tankdestroyer View Post
              I was waiting for the press to ask porter about fighting spence. Now we know directly from porter he don't want none of spence.
              don't want none until after thurman.

fighters usually chase the biggest most lucrative fight.

thurman is the bigger name, bigger star, more belts, more money, etc. there is literally ZERO reason why anybody would choose a fight against spence over a fight against thurman.

Comment

Porter is searching and seeking attention. Got in Thurman face, went m in and Interrupted Danny post fight interview. That lame shiet. I understand you want the big fights, but dude, stop looming so thirsty for them.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  don't want none until after thurman.

fighters usually chase the biggest most lucrative fight.

thurman is the bigger name, bigger star, more belts, more money, etc. there is literally ZERO reason why anybody would choose a fight against spence over a fight against thurman.
                  thank you for proving a point. So in that case Garcia has a point in ignoring a fight with porter, just like Thurman has a reason to ignore porter. Porter isn't even a "big" name in boxing tbh. So if you want to defend porter for ducking Spence, don't be hypocritical of Garcia, Thurman ducking porter. Doesn't Spence have more to offer than porter at this point anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Tankdestroyer View Post
                    in that case Garcia has a point in ignoring a fight with porter, just like Thurman has a reason to ignore porter.
                    Porter is the one with the guaranteed rematch with Thurman, not Garcia. Had Porter and Garcia fought for the interim title like Porter wanted, Garcia would have earned a guaranteed rematch with Thurman had he won.

Garcia didn't want to come back that tough, so he turned down the interim title fight in favor of a tune up. Understandable considering the tough fight with Thurman and the long layoff. But if Porter is still willing to face Garcia in an interim title fight, it might be the biggest option for Garcia right now. Garcia would have to wait a long time for a rematch with Thurman.

Thurman isn't ignoring Porter. Porter is Thurman's most likely opponent for his second fight of the year. Thurman will have to fight Porter at some point unless he's willing to vacate the WBC title, which I doubt he'd want to do since one of the major selling points of Thurman vs. Spence will be the unifying of the WBC/WBA/IBF welterweight titles.

So if you want to defend porter for ducking Spence, don't be hypocritical of Garcia, Thurman ducking porter. Doesn't Spence have more to offer than porter at this point anyways?
                    I'm not defending anything. I'm laying out the facts. Thurman is #1 in the division. Porter has fought multiple eliminators to earn a guaranteed rematch with his biggest rival. Wanting to fight #1 doesn't mean you're ducking #2. What has this site come to when we're knocking a guy for wanting to fight the top guy in his division?!

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      Porter is the one with the guaranteed rematch with Thurman, not Garcia. Had Porter and Garcia fought for the interim title like Porter wanted, Garcia would have earned a guaranteed rematch with Thurman had he won.

Garcia didn't want to come back that tough, so he turned down the interim title fight in favor of a tune up. Understandable considering the tough fight with Thurman and the long layoff. But if Porter is still willing to face Garcia in an interim title fight, it might be the biggest option for Garcia right now. Garcia would have to wait a long time for a rematch with Thurman.

Thurman isn't ignoring Porter. Porter is Thurman's most likely opponent for his second fight of the year. Thurman will have to fight Porter at some point unless he's willing to vacate the WBC title, which I doubt he'd want to do since one of the major selling points of Thurman vs. Spence will be the unifying of the WBC/WBA/IBF welterweight titles.

I'm not defending anything. I'm laying out the facts. Thurman is #1 in the division. Porter has fought multiple eliminators to earn a guaranteed rematch with his biggest rival. Wanting to fight #1 doesn't mean you're ducking #2. What has this site come to when we're knocking a guy for wanting to fight the top guy in his division?!
                      Porter fan I see what's going on here. I noticed you're having the same argument with other posters on NSB. You make some valid points but your conclusion needs revising.

Comment

Working...
                      X