Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter- Confrontation in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    but yet, spence will always have someone to fight

'' i mean none of the top guys.''

i doubt it. the ww will be decided in the ring
    U know what I mean. The top guys don’t want that work

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      U know what I mean. The top guys don’t want that work
      i know. just bustin chops.

but it takes much more than a call out to get fights made.

Comment

Thurman to Porter EPIC confrontation: “Don’t worry, you’re on my to-do list!” Epic

Comment

Wish Shawn would press Errol like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Lmao. True. But to Garcia and Shawn’s credit, these guys produced amazing metrics for NBC primetime and got a lot of respect for it, so it’s only natural for Shawn to get his revenge in a close fight with Thurman and then unify with anybody else, so starting with that and an amazing pay again, who doesn’t want to fight Thurman and his two belts. The current structure at 147 is very complicated under PBC. We all know Top Rank and the WBO venture aren’t even realistic possibilities. Thurman has unfortunately accumulated injuries in the last two years of course they all want to pounce on Thurman now before his get back fight. Get him now while he’s weak

Comment

Unfortunately, he wasn't thinking about him 3 years ago.

Comment

Shawn is Thurman's mandatory.

Shawn isn't Spence's mandatory.

Shawn has a personal issue with Thurman and wants revenge.

Shawn has no personal issue with Spence.

Thurman holds the two most prestigious world championships in boxing, the WBC and WBA. Spence holds the IBF. Ask any fighter if they'd rather be unified WBC/WBA champion or just hold the IBF and 100% will say they'd rather be unified champion. So of course Porter will prefer the fight where he can achieve more and become unified champion.

Thurman is considered the top fighter in the division and fighting Thurman is more lucrative than fighting Spence.

So, instead of fighting the biggest fight for the most money and the most belts, with the most personal issues, that is the most likely to happen due to being the mandatory, you expect Porter to instead pursue a smaller fight, for fewer belts, and less money, that he might not even be able to get since he's not ranked, instead of pursuing the fight he can definitely get, that pays more, against a bigger star, with more at stake?

Just want to make sure I have that right.

Comment

Just finished the video. Porter had the nerve to say Thurman isn't man enough to get in the ring. He needs to look in the mirror, Spence trying to hand out free shots at a title and nobody stopping by his booth to pick up a sample

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Unfortunately, he wasn't thinking about him 3 years ago.
                    Dude that video was such a bad look

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      Shawn is Thurman's mandatory.

Shawn isn't Spence's mandatory.

Shawn has a personal issue with Thurman and wants revenge.

Shawn has no personal issue with Spence.

Thurman holds the two most prestigious world championships in boxing, the WBC and WBA. Spence holds the IBF. Ask any fighter if they'd rather be unified WBC/WBA champion or just hold the IBF and 100% will say they'd rather be unified champion. So of course Porter will prefer the fight where he can achieve more and become unified champion.

Thurman is considered the top fighter in the division and fighting Thurman is more lucrative than fighting Spence.

So, instead of fighting the biggest fight for the most money and the most belts, with the most personal issues, that is the most likely to happen due to being the mandatory, you expect Porter to instead pursue a smaller fight, for fewer belts, and less money, that he might not even be able to get since he's not ranked, instead of pursuing the fight he can definitely get, that pays more, against a bigger star, with more at stake?

Just want to make sure I have that right.
                      And Thurman says he isn't going to fight him yet. Why not Spence in the interim?

Comment

Working...
                      X