Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr: Did I Underestimate George Groves? Maybe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
    Yep, it's time he told daddy to fade...His bullshti has rubbed off on Jr in a big way and it really hasn't helped him.
    I hope Jr comes again because he does have ability but mentally he ain't right.
    His mentality is fine. Ok - maybe he is a bit deluded but otherwise he is high on confidence and he is a dog. No, he problem is he lacks boxing fundamentals.

Comment

I still would have liked to see the Golovkin fight. Styles make fights and Golovkin is more static than Groves and susceptible to uppercuts (Brook)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        Exactly - he's 28 not 21.

He doesn't know how o close the gap because he can't use his feet.
        He doesn't know how to not smother his own punches against a higher level opponent
        He is too easily tied up by a stronger guy.

Hire 3 trainers?
        A strategist would be a good start... and some ballet dancing lessons. Nothing will make up for his lack of stopping power though.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          His mentality is fine. Ok - maybe he is a bit deluded but otherwise he is high on confidence and he is a dog. No, he problem is he lacks boxing fundamentals.
          It's a tough one. He does have a winners mentality and that's always good, but the way he misread Groves in the build-up leaves me wondering about his thinking skills. For someone who could ''smell'' Groves' fear, it was he that looked unsure and more tentative. George learnt a lot from the Froch fights, when he tried to bluff his way into Carl's head.. and failed. Experience, and learning from it is massive.

Comment

Groves had better resume so he could be excused for underestimating junior but didn't.
            I don't think jnr underestimated groves its just gamesmanship.

Comment

Eubank jr was saying that he can beat Ward.

Comment

I think everyone has pretty much said what I want to say.

He definitely needs a trainer you can’t go into a fight like this and just fight how you feel like it. Eubank wasn’t using the jab to set anything up or close the distance just jumping in with wide hooks.

One thing I will say is he’s a determined fuc*er. He gave it everything he had and kept coming forward all night. It’s not a question of heart or natural talent there just needs to be more thought behind what he does. He’s not a young boy anymore though so I do worry for him. These lessons should’ve been learned years ago but he was too busy fighting bums.

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
                  Groves surprised me and proved me wrong. However, Eubank was not "exposed" as some kind of fraud. He is a top talent and a tough, determined man. Just needs to fine tune his technique and get a bit more experience. He isn't going away.
                  Fine tuning?....more like a complete overhaul lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    I think everyone has pretty much said what I want to say.

He definitely needs a trainer you can’t go into a fight like this and just fight how you feel like it. Eubank wasn’t using the jab to set anything up or close the distance just jumping in with wide hooks.

One thing I will say is he’s a determined fuc*er. He gave it everything he had and kept coming forward all night. It’s not a question of heart or natural talent there just needs to be more thought behind what he does. He’s not a young boy anymore though so I do worry for him. These lessons should’ve been learned years ago but he was too busy fighting bums.
                    But nobody is too busy are they? I say I'm too busy to paint my home - but I'm not - I just don't want to at the moment.

There are hundreds and thousands of hours where he could have been learning footwork and how to step back (like Golovkin) and not smother your own attack but for whatever reason - arrogance? - he decided he had enough in his armoury to become a world champ.

If he is to improve he needs to get real humble and reflective and accept his deficiencies. And then start learning - fast! If he can't/won't do that he has no hope.

Comment

Man i never liked this Eubank cat and he deserved to fkn lose especially after all the sh** which came out of his mouth but boy was the fight boring..sh** fight by two sh** over rated bums

Comment

Working...
                      X