Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr: Did I Underestimate George Groves? Maybe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junior was so bad he made Groves look great but Groves only finally became a champion when everyone was gone. His story is great and I love his maturation etc but a spade is a spade and when SMW actually had some depth George couldn't cut the mustard either.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
      False....
      Agree. The only 'talent' he has is fast hands. He also seems to have a decent chin, and is fit and determined.
      Actual skills wise he's ****e.
      Footwork, balance, jab, distance and range - all things you're supposed to learn in the amateurs, are wank.
      I can't see him learning those now anyway, and unless he realises he needs to ASAP, it will always be the same story.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
        Agree. The only 'talent' he has is fast hands. He also seems to have a decent chin, and is fit and determined.
        Footwork, balance, jab, distance and range - all things you're supposed to learn in the amateurs, are wank.
        I can't see him learning those now anyway, and unless he realises he needs to ASAP, it will always be the same story.
        Yep. People are saying back to the drawing board. He's 30 next year and can't even do the basics he should have been learning at 15.

Comment

Yes Chris you definitely underestimated Groves. If your talent and skill was as big as your ego you might have had a shot in this sport. Time to work on your skills while you still have some time left. Your father is living vicariously through you. Keep a little distance away from him and his influence.

Comment

Mate GGG will murder him in the ring. Ignoring his **** balance and footwork, he has no legitimate punch power at world level. If Canelo couldn't put a dent in GGG, can you imagine him walking Jr down? It would be hard to watch!
            Did I say that I thought it'd be an even matchup? Golovkin would be a heavy favourite even before this latest exposure

Comment

Nutshell

He performed like a very fit rank amateur with good chin and heart

Skill level was pretty embarrassing really

Comment

Working...
              X