Can some explain this to me? Haymon/Dibella/Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    How much more obvious could it be
    You should also alert Golden Boys lawyers and the U.S. federal judge with your super secret evidence no one else could prove in court.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I think so. If you recall the original Top Rank lawsuit got tossed out and the judge told them to go back and rewrite it and file again. Their lawsuit never got as far as Golden Boy's. Arum settled with Haymon and the agreement was Haymon remove his exclusivity deal with the networks.
      so with that being said i guess oscar felt haymon was in the wrong and wanted some of that money as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Ummm. Am I getting this right? You believe Arum is the source but you don't actually have proof then? Educated speculation? Again, I ain't saying you're wrong, but if that is the case, then you can't really hang any arguments off it, either.
        I know that Arum and DLH are almost always Rafael's sources for information of this manner. But you are correct that in this specific instance, I don't know for a fact that they were the source. It's very likely though.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
          so with that being said i guess oscar felt haymon was in the wrong and wanted some of that money as well?
          His feelings were hurt because Haymon had his own plans after paying Oscar close to $20 mil to buy out all those fighters. That' another thing. People say Haymon stole Oscar's fighters, naw, he paid Oscar almost $20 mil for those fighters.

Oscar could've had some of that money if he wouldn't have listened to people in his ear telling him to get rid of Schaefer. Oscar was vulnerable at the time. He'd just gotten out of rehab. He went and had that dinner with Bob to make amends (that's something they teach you in rehab) Remember how him and Bob were supposed to work together to make all these fights? Whatever happened to that? Bob is probably in his ear telling him that Schaefer and Haymon are playing him. Gomez is probably in his ear because Gomez wanted Schaefer's job. Now the man that built Golden Boy into the #1 promoter in the game is getting all the blame from Oscar.

The original plan was for Golden Boy to promote all the PBC cards. Oscar even talked about it in an interview. But the only problem was Oscar was to unstable to get investors to invest money. That's why Haymon offered him $100 mil to buy out his majority shares in the company.'

Here is the article where Oscar talks about starting something similar to PBC

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...w-fight/126187
          Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 02-01-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

His feelings were hurt because Haymon had his own plans after paying Oscar close to $20 mil to buy out all those fighters. That' another thing. People say Haymon stole Oscar's fighters, naw, he paid Oscar almost $20 mil for those fighters.

Oscar could've had some of that money if he wouldn't have listened to people in his ear telling him to get rid of Schaefer. Oscar was vulnerable at the time. He'd just gotten out of rehab. He went and had that dinner with Bob to make amends (that's something they teach you in rehab) Remember how him and Bob were supposed to work together to make all these fights? Whatever happened to that? Bob is probably in his ear telling him that Schaefer and Haymon are playing him. Gomez is probably in his ear because Gomez wanted Schaefer's job. Now the man that built Golden Boy into the #1 promoter in the game is getting all the blame from Oscar.

The original plan was for Golden Boy to promote all the PBC cards. Oscar even talked about it in an interview. But the only problem was Oscar was to unstable to get investors to invest money. That's why Haymon offered him $100 mil to buy out his majority shares in the company.'

Here is the article where Oscar talks about starting something similar to PBC

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...w-fight/126187
            holy ish!!! i didnt know any of that.. did haymon get any good fighters for that $20mil?

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
              holy ish!!! i didnt know any of that.. did haymon get any good fighters for that $20mil?
              All these numbers I'm throwing out is in the Golden Boy case against Haymon. People really need to read the judgement of that case because I still see the same lies being spread around here that was spread before the case. Golden Boy came out looking bad in that case. When people say Haymon won't work with Golden Boy I know they didn't read the judgement of that case because the judge pointed out it was Golden Boy who wouldn't work with Haymon on most occassions. The judge said how can you say Haymon fighters won't work with you when you are the one who told Luis Ortiz he couldn't fight Haymon fighters. Shawn Porter reachd out to you for a fight and you never responded. And you just made the Khan-Canelo fight. The judge ripped Golden boy a new one in that summary judgement.

Towards the end of his decision, Judge Walter swiftly rejected Golden Boy’s claim that Haymon violated the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act by simultaneously serving as his boxers’ manager and promoter (via the PBC). He noted that boxers and government agencies are the only parties with standing to claim a violation of the Ali Act, explaining, “…the conflict of interest provision in the Ali Act was not intended to compensate promoters for lost profits.”

In reading through the decision, one couldn’t help but imagine Judge Walter doing the ***embe Mutombo finger wag as he tore into “failed” Golden Boy claims in key sections and the work, or lack thereof, of its expert witnesses. Golden Boy’s apparent reliance on “certain informal, vague, and hearsay conversations” and “utter speculation” was identified and squashed by the judge, a point driven home with a quote in the opening paragraph of his discussion, “…anecdotal speculation and supposition are not a substitute for evidence…”
              https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/2...it-boxing-news

Closer to $15 mil than $20 mil as I orignally stated

Haymon en****** paid Golden Boy $10.5 million in January 2015 as part of a December 2014 settlement agreement to the arbitration case involving former Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, according to an expert report by Michael Smith. As part of the deal, Golden Boy lost the promotional rights to 18 boxers including Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Marcos Maidana, Lamont Peterson, Adrien Broner, Peter Quillin, Erislandy Lara, Daniel Jacobs, Abner Mares, Andre Berto, Victor Ortiz, Devon Alexander, Shawn Porter, Robert Guerrero, and Deontay Wilder.

In February 2015, four more boxers’ exclusive promotional rights were terminated in exchange for $3.5 million, per the Smith expert report.
              https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/1...ce-boxing-news
              Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 02-01-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

He's running Evander Holyfield's Real Deal promotions now

That was the rumor put out by Golden Boy fed to Dan Rafael and others who repeated it. And you fell for it

You should read up on the way Haymon transformed promoting in the music business. Entertainment promoting in general really.
                I have actually worked in the music promotional business so I know more about it than you.

Spence also sat down with Matchroom. Don't act like he almost didn't sign. Haymon fighters like many others, get paid a lot more than whats on a commission sheet. If you learn the business you would know that. There are many ways fighters can get paid besides whats on the commission sheets like advances, training camp expenses, purses paid to their own personal promotional companies, etc. They are tax shelters. Foreign fighters do it all the time. I would bet you 10k right now that Spence got paid more than 1.2million for Peterson and you wouldn't take my bet because you know I am right

Comment

I think so. If you recall the original Top Rank lawsuit got tossed out and the judge told them to go back and rewrite it and file again. Their lawsuit never got as far as Golden Boy's. Arum settled with Haymon and the agreement was Haymon remove his exclusivity deal with the networks.
                  and that is how Arum one upped PBC and got ESPN to pay for their fights. They are now the only promoter with a basic cable network paying for high level fights

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Haymon was commanding that much for his fighters for years, way before PBC. It probably came to public consciousness with Andre Berto, when he turned down the fight with Cotto because the 2mil or whatever he was offered wasn't worth the risk when he was making over a million bucks a fight against the likes of Freddy Hernandez. People were shocked and confused.

Haymons been around the block; first it was HBO's coffers he was raiding, then Showtimes, then the private investment that created PBC, and now Showtime again.

People have been asking how the hell he gets away with these insane purses for his fighters, a good number of which have no drawing power whatsoever, for years. For the longest time the only explanation was that he had Mayweather as leverage, but Floyd retired and it seems he still has ever bit as much as pull as before when it comes to getting his fighters paid.
                    over the last year and half the purses have been getting smaller. Still good but not as big as before

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      and that is how Arum one upped PBC and got ESPN to pay for their fights. They are now the only promoter with a basic cable network paying for high level fights
                      ESPN does not pay for those fights. It's a time buy

Comment

Working...
                      X