No announcement yet.

Can some explain this to me? Haymon/Dibella/Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Haymon doesn't talk to the press. Rafael doesn't have any sources that would know Haymon and Spence's private arrangements.

Rafael is fed info by TR & GB all the time. TR & GB both went after Spence hard and failed. So you make up a story about Spence being insanely overpaid to explain why you failed to sign him and also hope it causes Haymon headaches with his other fighters. Arum & DLH play Rafael like a fiddle. It's been going on for years.
    Ummm. Am I getting this right? You believe Arum is the source but you don't actually have proof then? Educated speculation? Again, I ain't saying you're wrong, but if that is the case, then you can't really hang any arguments off it, either.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      The problem is he said $3.5m based on a silly rumor that shows how much investigative work he really does (none). I'm sure someone from GBP or Top Rank told him that and he ran with it.
      Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
      im always surprised with what these guys are making today..i dont see how any of it is possible. it just all seems crazy to me.. another friend of mine is derric rossy, a heavyweight fighter.. he was literally making $20-$30k a fight and had some big fights. i wanna say he made $30k +/- for the first fight with eddie chambers right here at suffolk community college, both were undefeated and the fight was on espn. his promoter was sal musemeci or something close to that name so i just dont get it. i guess i never will tbh. it seems he wouldve got like $500k-$1mill if he was with haymon for that fight if not more lol.
      He's running Evander Holyfield's Real Deal promotions now

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      No. That is what was on the commission report. He got a lot more than that. PBC had to pay him extra to sign that GBP contract.
      That was the rumor put out by Golden Boy fed to Dan Rafael and others who repeated it. And you fell for it

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      Lol you ever heard of the music business and concert promoters or shows and the show promoters. The promoter takes the risk and puts the money up. Sometimes promoters lose money in the short run to make money in the long run. If you aren't signed to a contract to guarantee a long run is even possible it makes no sense to lose money in the short term. That is why prospects all sign with promoters. Thats why none of the top 2016 Olympians are with PBC and most of the best ones signed with Top Rank or Ringstar
      You should read up on the way Haymon transformed promoting in the music business. Entertainment promoting in general really.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Ummm. Am I getting this right? You believe Arum is the source but you don't actually have proof then? Educated speculation? Again, I ain't saying you're wrong, but if that is the case, then you can't really hang any arguments off it, either.
        I think it was Golden Boy myself who fed them that rumor. When they couldn't sign Spence suddenly there was a rumor that Haymon paid him $3.5 mil for his next fight. It's crazy how people ran with it and didn't bother to go back and question it when his reported purse was much lower. I'm sure he got a lil bit extra but not that much extra

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I think it was Golden Boy myself who fed them that rumor. When they couldn't sign Spence suddenly there was a rumor that Haymon paid him $3.5 mil for his next fight. It's crazy how people ran with it and didn't bother to go back and question it when his reported purse was much lower. I'm sure he got a lil bit extra but not that much extra
          It could be either, I guess... or it could be a different source altogether. I'm simply curious TBH, it just seems like an odd rumour for anyone to start to me... It's understandable that people have attributed it to the usual suspects and come up with at least a semi-plausible explanation for it, but I'm just wondering if anyone had any hard facts. The machinations of devious cunts has always held some fascination to me cos I ain't one.

Comment

al haymon gets around the muhammad ali act by using proxy promoters. make no mistake, he is spence's promoter as well as his manager, and that is illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              al haymon gets around the muhammad ali act by using proxy promoters. make no mistake, he is spence's promoter as well as his manager, and that is illegal.
              You're making claims Golden Boy spent millions in court trying to prove and their case never made it to trial. Maybe you should email them the super secret evidence you have. Your "feelings" don't count as evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                It could be either, I guess... or it could be a different source altogether. I'm simply curious TBH, it just seems like an odd rumour for anyone to start to me... It's understandable that people have attributed it to the usual suspects and come up with at least a semi-plausible explanation for it, but I'm just wondering if anyone had any hard facts. The machinations of devious cunts has always held some fascination to me cos I ain't one.
                I remember during the Golden Boy/PBC lawsuit Eric Gomez said he always gives the media fake stories. Especially Dan Rafael because he's nosy.

And the racist emails. That was Golden Boy's PR getting a reporter to plant anti-Haymon articles in various publications.

They were exposed for doing this type of stuff. That's what makes me think it was Golden Boy

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  How much more obvious could it be

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    You're making claims Golden Boy spent millions in court trying to prove and their case never made it to trial. Maybe you should email them the super secret evidence you have. Your "feelings" don't count as evidence
                    didnt haymon settle with arum in court over basically the same issue? or was it completely different issue?

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
                      didnt haymon settle with arum in court over basically the same issue? or was it completely different issue?
                      I think so. If you recall the original Top Rank lawsuit got tossed out and the judge told them to go back and rewrite it and file again. Their lawsuit never got as far as Golden Boy's. Arum settled with Haymon and the agreement was Haymon remove his exclusivity deal with the networks.

Comment

Working...
                      X