No announcement yet.

Ward spent 2013 and 2014 legally battling a man that was dying of cancer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
    Isnt it obvious? Ward made him suffer thus making his condition worse which eventually killed him. So when its all said and done Ward is a murderer
    There's clutching, there's making a leap, and then there's this.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      hahahaha do you think they set them based on what they had for lunch?

they set the odds based on who people think will win . . .
      This is absolutely incorrect information and I made a thread about it over a year ago. Yes that comes into it, but setting odds is far more complicated than that. They set odds, adjust odds to and ensure they make money no matter the result.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        This is absolutely incorrect information and I made a thread about it over a year ago. Yes that comes into it, but setting odds is far more complicated than that. They set odds, adjust odds to and ensure they make money no matter the result.
        What I said and what you said do not contradict each other. The favorite is who most people think will win, but most people don't bet. Most people who bet prefer betting on the underdog. So the bookies have to adjust the line accordingly, but that doesn't change the fact that the favorite is who people think will win. Not everybody betting the underdog thinks he will win, they just want a chance to win more money.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          What I said and what you said do not contradict each other. The favorite is who most people think will win, but most people don't bet. Most people who bet prefer betting on the underdog. So the bookies have to adjust the line accordingly, but that doesn't change the fact that the favorite is who people think will win. Not everybody betting the underdog thinks he will win, they just want a chance to win more money.
          Nah that isn't what you said at all, I followed the convo, you said it twice, which is why I felt the need to reply. Odds are set with an Algorithm that takes in a lot of different factors and ensures a small profit for the bookies. They are trying to create an even spread, or scratch that, a predictable spread. That is odd-setting in a nutshell.

In terms of what you are saying here is just general chit chat. Yes normally the person who the bookies have as the betting favourite is the person that people think is going to win, but there is still a mathematical art to how the odds are set in that scenario, or in a 50/50 scenario, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Nah that isn't what you said at all, I followed the convo, you said it twice, which is why I felt the need to reply.
            Then you're having trouble reading because I disputed that most people are picking Canelo to win because if most people thought he would win, he would not be the underdog.

Yes normally the person who the bookies have as the betting favourite is the person that people think is going to win, but there is still a mathematical art to how the odds are set in that scenario, or in a 50/50 scenario, etc. etc.
            Who said there wasn't a mathematical art? You're arguing against things nobody said.

Comment

Working...
            X