Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Spence is Hardest Puncher I've Seen - Breaks Faces, Ribs!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Brook was in control and forcing Spence back for most of the first 6 rounds, then he started to tire and slow down. It was his weight making problems that caused that to happen.
    These guys aren't fighting 6 rounders. You know that, right?

The fact of the matter is that Spence is a tenacious pit bull who is going to be on your ass for all 12 rounds. His opponents better do their roadwork and also their sit ups because he's going to test their stamina and punish their midsection.

The bodywork is really what made Kell Brook wilt down the stretch, the broken eye socket was just icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      I really don't think weight had much to do with it. Brook had just turned 31 not 35 so he really not far from 20's people exaggerate the over 30 thing it depends on the person u really don't start feeling it until mid 32-34
      That's wrong, totally wrong. Chavez Jr couldn't make 160 after his mid 20s. Canelo started struggling with 154 at the same age.

I could give you a long list of fighters who moved up from their established divisions in their mid/late 20s, including Floyd and Manny. Look for yourself .. the evidence is there.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        These guys aren't fighting 6 rounders. You know that, right?

The fact of the matter is that Spence is a tenacious pit bull who is going to be on your ass for all 12 rounds. His opponents better do their roadwork and also their sit ups because he's going to test their stamina and punish their midsection.

The bodywork is really what made Kell Brook wilt down the stretch, the broken eye socket was just icing on the cake.
        I'm sick of pointless arguments with dumb, biased yanks here. I'll leave you to circle wank together in peace now.

Comment

I'm sick of pointless arguments with dumb, biased yanks here. I'll leave you to circle wank together in peace now.
          Is that why you try to put down Errol Spence? Because he's a Yank?

I understand where your arguments are coming from now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Is that why you try to put down Errol Spence? Because he's a Yank?

I understand where your arguments are coming from now.
            I wasn't putting Spence down, you childish twerp, I was talking about Kell Brook's problems making the WW lmit.

Brook chose to ignore his trainer and his S&C coach's advice, and he paid the price. That's his problem, not Spence's.

Comment

That's wrong, totally wrong. Chavez Jr couldn't make 160 after his mid 20s. Canelo started struggling with 154 at the same age.

I could give you a long list of fighters who moved up from their established divisions in their mid/late 20s, including Floyd and Manny. Look for yourself .. the evidence is there.
              Your logic is bogus dude. Some guys never move up in weight. (Pryor and Hagler are great examples) A lot of factors go into the issue. The fighter's metabolism, weight discipline, money fights, divisional dominance, legacy chasing. You never really know.

You're arguing like that moving up point applies to everybody. GGG will probably never fight above 160 and in the amatuers he fought up a class at 75kg (165lbs), just like Spence fought at 69kg (152lbs). Brook is only 31.

Comment

There is some vital evidence missing from that list.

After Peter Quillin vacated the WBO MW title, Andrade told the WBO he was moving up to 160 and wanted to fight for their vacant title. The WBO told him .. OK, you can fight Matt Korobov - who was unbeaten at that time - for it.

Andrade then changed his mind and decided he was staying at 154 after all.
                Lol, oh man this guy. I can't believe what a waste of talent he is. If there is a God he will get punished for wasting gifts that others can only dream of having.

He has the talent, problem is that he has a spine made entirely of noodles.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post

come on. He can really crack but that's going too far.
                  Lmao! Man, I meant to say inhuman stamina. My bad, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by UliTheDestroyer View Post
                    Too much hype around Spence... he has yet to face any real punchers in the division. And from what I saw in the ams when he lost to Brian castaño... he will fold against volume punching with power... he’ll get tentative... the guy is good... but he’s not proven
                    Kell Brook IS a hard puncher at welterweight and a verry good boxer too. So Spence is proven already.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Your logic is bogus dude. Some guys never move up in weight. (Pryor and Hagler are great examples) A lot of factors go into the issue. The fighter's metabolism, weight discipline, money fights, divisional dominance, legacy chasing. You never really know.

You're arguing like that moving up point applies to everybody. GGG will probably never fight above 160 and in the amatuers he fought up a class at 75kg (165lbs), just like Spence fought at 69kg (152lbs). Brook is only 31.
                      What makes you think I was saying that all fighters have to move up in their late 20s/early 30s?

Obviously, it depends how big they are for their original division and how much weight they have to cut to keep on fighting in that division. Cutting weight becomes more draining the older you get .. that's a well established and well researched fact.

Hagler and Hearns fought each other at MW. Hearns started his career as a huge WW, and Hagler started out as an average sized MW fighting close to his walk around weight.

Hearns was 4 years younger than Hagler, but he had already moved up twice by the time they fought, and ended up moving up again to LHW. Hagler, as you say, was at MW his whole career.

Brook was also a huge WW who was cutting 20lb+ to make 147. And that was 20+ of muscle, because Brook is a naturally muscular guy. It's very, very difficult to keep doing that after you pass the mid 20s point.

Comment

Working...
                      X