Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Spence is Hardest Puncher I've Seen - Breaks Faces, Ribs!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all the "boxing historians" that poke fun at the people they call "casuals" need to take a look at some real fightrs history. Guys like Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and see that the gestation of a great fighter takes awhile. There is no miracle grow or microwave recipe. Jesus, 22 fights and 19 KOs. He beat TF out of Brook losing 4 out the first 6 rounds ut ran away from him. In this screwy age of the internet, everybody wants everything right now. Couple that with fans that no jack **** about the history of boxing and the diva many fighters have become today and you get this whiny ass "I'm A side" ****. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Dutan, Benitez, Prior, Arguello, Mancini, Garcia, Berrera, Pazienza, Lopez, Chavez et al go to the can and puke when they hear the likes of Mayweather, Thurman, Stevenson, Ward, Wilder, Broner, Cotto, Canelo et al. Give it time. Spence will not disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      He hasn’t accomplished as much yet but he is clearly the better boxer it’s not hard to tell..
      what? spence better than canelo? lol ok, put him in there with GGG and let's see what happens to him

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        Brook was doing well but no way was he in control of the fight. They went back and forth with a lot of even exchanges. I think it was around the 7th or 8th round Spence started to separate himself and start breaking Brook down. How do you think his eye got hurt, did he trip and fall on the canvas? Brook did ok but he was soundly beaten by Spence and the stoppage was a result of that beating.
        Brook was in control and forcing Spence back for most of the first 6 rounds, then he started to tire and slow down. It was his weight making problems that caused that to happen.

Brook is as big as Spence, and when he was in his 20s he could make 147 without weakening himself, just like Spence can now. Different story once they pass 30 doe.

Brook's own team - his trainer and his S & C coach - told him he should give up his WW title and move up to 154 after GGG. Kell should have listened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
          I think all the "boxing historians" that poke fun at the people they call "casuals" need to take a look at some real fightrs history. Guys like Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and see that the gestation of a great fighter takes awhile. There is no miracle grow or microwave recipe. Jesus, 22 fights and 19 KOs. He beat TF out of Brook losing 4 out the first 6 rounds ut ran away from him. In this screwy age of the internet, everybody wants everything right now. Couple that with fans that no jack **** about the history of boxing and the diva many fighters have become today and you get this whiny ass "I'm A side" ****. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Dutan, Benitez, Prior, Arguello, Mancini, Garcia, Berrera, Pazienza, Lopez, Chavez et al go to the can and puke when they hear the likes of Mayweather, Thurman, Stevenson, Ward, Wilder, Broner, Cotto, Canelo et al. Give it time. Spence will not disappoint.
          SRL came back from a 2 year retirement and beat Hagler in his first ever fight at 160.

No tune-ups needed by Sugar Ray and no, "I'm the champion, I want 50/50 or no fight" diva bullshit from Hagler.
          Last edited by kafkod; 01-19-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Brook was in control and forcing Spence back for most of the first 6 rounds, then he started to tire and slow down. It was his weight making problems that caused that to happen.

Brook is as big as Spence, and when he was in his 20s he could make 147 without weakening himself, just like Spence can now. Different story once they pass 30 doe.

Brook's own team - his trainer and his S & C coach - told him he should give up his WW title and move up to 154 after GGG. Kell should have listened to them.
            I really don't think weight had much to do with it. Brook had just turned 31 not 35 so he really not far from 20's people exaggerate the over 30 thing it depends on the person u really don't start feeling it until mid 32-34 not soon as you turn 30 31 years old dude thats still young. Brook was fine physically. I think he was just really concerned about his eye. It's not like brook ever had this crazy conditioning anyway didn't look tired just defeated in fact he was still considering staying at 47 but felt he had nothing left to prove there..
            Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 01-19-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Like I said Brook had some success but he wasn't in control of the fight. At no point was Spence hurt or looked bewildered. He got tired because Spence kept going to the body. Brook fought a much more rugged Porter, but he was able to slip his punches and counter without taking too much punishment. Brook didn't get tired then. Spence was more accurate and wasn't flying all of the place like Porter.

Don't get me wrong, Brook was impressive in his effort, but that effort got beat out of him and the eye caused him to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                This post is completely stupid. None of the WWs put people in the seats by themselves. They have to be matched up together to sell a fight. Not one of them has any box office status right now on their own. Only Brook and Horn can pull large crowds in their respective home countries. Crawford can pull in Omaha (about 9k - 12k tickets sold usually) but not anywhere else. Not one of Haymon's guys is capable of selling north of 10k tickets in any markey by themselves. Thurman, Garcia, and Porter only have put up good attendance numbers when matched up with each other. There's no "cash cow" in this bunch.

So idk what the hell you're talking about. There's no "money" fighters at WW. Spence already beat the guy who could pull the most lucrative gate in that division (Brook in Shefield). We all know why those guys don't want smoke with Spence. Stop being a troll.
                That dude has to be a big time Thurman fan. I agree 100% with your post.

Originally posted by UliTheDestroyer View Post
                Spence is a bully. He hasn’t been bullied. When he does he will fold. If Peterson had respectable power I’d actually tab him to win. We all know he’s not a defensive genius. His offense is his defense... you neutralize his offense and he’ll freeze up... again I’m not saying he’s bad. He’s good. But there’s talks about him being an all time great and **** and that’s obsurd... too early to tell any of that.
                Again, Porter beats Spence based on your logic, no? He's exactly the type of fighter you are describing.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                  That dude has to be a big time Thurman fan. I agree 100% with your post.

Again, Porter beats Spence based on your logic, no? He's exactly the type of fighter you are describing.
                  Right? People here act like they don't know Porter was beating some of the current MWs as an amateur. He fought at 75kg. Keith fought at 69kg just like Errol. I've never heard them called a weight bully lol Spence isn't a weight bully, he's a traditional big WW, similar to guys like Benitez and Leonard. He's 5'9ish with a 72inch reach.

He fought at 152 as an amateur. It's very normal for a guy to cut down one class as a pro. He should be praised for his weight discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    I really don't think weight had much to do with it. Brook had just turned 31 not 35 so he really not far from 20's people exaggerate the over 30 thing it depends on the person u really don't start feeling it until mid 32-34 not soon as you turn 30 31 years old dude thats still young. Brook was fine physically. I think he was just really concerned about his eye. It's not like brook ever had this crazy conditioning anyway didn't look tired just defeated in fact he was still considering staying at 47 but felt he had nothing left to prove there..
                    Real words here. That whole Brook was "winning" stuff is exaggerated too. Watched the fight 3 times. You can see Errol was investing in the same two combos to the body the first six rounds. Once Kell started to drop his hands, the fight was slowly over. Kell was slapping a lot of shots to be active but wasn't really connecting solidly. He caught Errol with some quality stuff but not nearly as much as some of these posters are claiming. Spence was comfortable in the fight the whole way. And Kell is a strong guy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                      Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      Like I said Brook had some success but he wasn't in control of the fight. At no point was Spence hurt or looked bewildered. He got tired because Spence kept going to the body. Brook fought a much more rugged Porter, but he was able to slip his punches and counter without taking too much punishment. Brook didn't get tired then. Spence was more accurate and wasn't flying all of the place like Porter.

Don't get me wrong, Brook was impressive in his effort, but that effort got beat out of him and the eye caused him to quit.
                      Of course weight had something to do with it .. that's why Brook isn't fighting at 147 any more.

He didn't tire against Porter because he was younger then .. around the same age as Spence is now. Let's see if Spence is still cutting to 147 when he's 31 yo, like Brook. I will be astonished if he is.

Brook's own team advised him not to go back down to 147 after he fought GGG. There was a reason for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X