Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Sweet Pea never lost a point for bending below the waist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because boxing is entertainment and deducting points for tacky **** ruins the flow of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      Never lost a point and pretty sure was never warned. Why?

Because it was so pretty too watch and its not like that was a tactic he used to do anything but show off.

Comment

Because no one gives a damn about that as a lot of fighters do it..It only became an issue when Floyd did it

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          When has anyone lost a point?
          Thats what i wanna know

Comment

Name one fighter in the history of the sport who was even warned about it

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              So did Mike Tyson. It's not enforced unless it creates a problem, like getting hit in the back of the head. I think a ref would be embarrassed to take a point because it's simply not done, and because it's a silly thing to enforce. You can't land any good punches from down there. You simply use it for defense but it's not without it's dangers. You can get clean ko'd leaning like that.
              Not when you got eyes on every side of your head like Pea seemed to.Man that boy was a wonder to watch.I still love that time vs ODLH when he did the drop your hand thing and ODLH missed like 5-6 st8 shots and his face turned RED.You could clearly see it then he just smiled and gave him a nod.Pea won that fight too not a robbery like Ramiez or Chavez but he won.If he did not just give away last round it would have been worse but he still won.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                Name one fighter in the history of the sport who was even warned about it
                I have seen guys get warned but VERY few and cant recall anyone losing a point.But that was only when he was playing around.

Comment

When has anyone lost a point?
                  Yep. Never seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    It's a rule that's not enforced and meant to be interpreted depending on the circumstance. It's meant for novices that can't see the punches coming because they're bent too low.

It's natural to face the ground when bobbing for a novice. Good trainers will tell you to always face the opponent.

If you're limber and talented enough you can bend super low and never really expose your head like Sweet Pea. Nobody envisioned the application however long ago the rule was made. It has little to do with the waist but moreso intended for vision.

Clinching is against the rules as well, but rarely enforced until it becomes holding. The fear is holding and hitting (as well as extended periods of no action) which is why the rule is interpretated like it is.

Yea sure lol.

Never heard of anyone in Boxing history. Curious to hear from those that know more than I do.
                    Not sure why you isolated Whitaker in this subject when quite a few have done it?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      You're just an useless ******.

Your comment is full of biggotry and non sense.
                      Do you even know what bigotry means? I think YOU'RE the useless ******.

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      Learn the rules before crying like a B even if you're not interesting by justice here but just to downplay Loma's perf.
                      I'm a former fighter. I know the rules better than most people here.

How many fights do you have again?

Not sure why you isolated Whitaker in this subject when quite a few have done it?
                      Give me some time and I'll talk about more of them. Sweet Pea is the obvious choice. I'm trying to make a point.

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                      Oh boo hoo, rigo was also clinching and trying to be dirty as ****. Why dont you post when he tried to karate chop elbow .
                      There is no karate chop elbow lmao. I think I do have the one where Rigo stops short of a punch and his elbow is up. Is that the karate chop...stopped punch lol?

Comment

Working...
                      X