No announcement yet.

This Davis-Broner Comparison...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Not at all. But I missed the Judah-Baldomir fight completely. I remember watching highlights back then. Was it any good? Should I watch now?
    Watch them all there is always something to learn.Judah looked past him and gassed down the stretch to make it close.Baldy prob deserved it but if there fought 10 times Judah would win 8 prob.And the Judah that fought Floyd was a much better version.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      they were both protected. floyd already admitted he was protecting him and davis was just on the undercard of floyd's ppv so obviously they are trying to hype him. is it working? im not so sure since he has never headlined so we cant really tell but time will tell. remember broner wasnt taking on all these stiff challengers. demarco was a solid win but besides that its uhhhhh bad. even the maidana fight was seen as a soft-ish touch. glass chinned khan had survived maidana and alexander recently destroyed him so they made the match and it backfired.
      I meant his skills. Is he all hype?

I think Davis is already top 10 one of the best fighters right now. I don't think many reasonable fans would disagree with that?

Him and Spence currently are the best two American fighters. I don't count Wilder. Talking about skills and natural talent.

Comment

I meant his skills. Is he all hype?

I think Davis is already top 10 one of the best fighters right now. I don't think many reasonable fans would disagree with that?

Him and Spence currently are the best two American fighters. I don't count Wilder. Talking about skills and natural talent.
        isn't crawford american? mikey garcia among many others. why is davis above either charlo? top 10 fighter based on beating pedraza, some unknown british guy, and looking bad vs some random guy? even if he ko'd them in one round he wouldn't be top 10 against those guys. what happens when you step up in competition is you are forced to find other ways to win since the other guy knows what you are doing. its more of a chess match then something based off physical skills. we dont know if he will be able to think of ways to use his skills to win since his competition has been so poor.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          Watch them all there is always something to learn.Judah looked past him and gassed down the stretch to make it close.Baldy prob deserved it but if there fought 10 times Judah would win 8 prob.And the Judah that fought Floyd was a much better version.
          really you think so? didn't judah fade in every fight? why would it be any different if they fight ten times? once again giving judah fantasy credit and ignoring his flaws that are obvious and consistent. baldomir was a bum but he kept fighting all 12 rounds as we saw against forrest who beat the crap outta him for 12 straight rounds.

Comment

Davis imo will have teh same success as David Diaz

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              isn't crawford american? mikey garcia among many others. why is davis above either charlo? top 10 fighter based on beating pedraza, some unknown british guy, and looking bad vs some random guy? even if he ko'd them in one round he wouldn't be top 10 against those guys. what happens when you step up in competition is you are forced to find other ways to win since the other guy knows what you are doing. its more of a chess match then something based off physical skills. we dont know if he will be able to think of ways to use his skills to win since his competition has been so poor.
              Of course, there are other American champions, some my favorites. The spotlight is more on these two.

Not many are craving who Charlo or let's say Hurd is fighting next, although they are champions. It's just not the same. These guys are on the American spotlight, like it or not. I was just saying he's top 10 one of the best fighters in the world. Not P4P.

Which 9 fighters are better than him?

Comment

Broner was never that good. He was carefully matched and won some fights he should have lost. He was given fights for vacant titles against easy guys. Everything was handed to him but he lost the important fights against good fighters. Davis really is a very good fighter and much better than Broner ever was in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  You will be sorely disappointed, bro.

Comment

Of course, there are other American champions, some my favorites. The spotlight is more on these two.

Not many are craving who Charlo or let's say Hurd is fighting next, although they are champions. It's just not the same. These guys are on the American spotlight, like it or not. I was just saying he's top 10 one of the best fighters in the world. Not P4P.

Which 9 fighters are better than him?
                    are people craving davis fights? hes never even headlined a card here. thats a lot of speculation on your part. he's one of the top 10 best fighters in the world in his division? across all divisions but not p4p? i dont really understand.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      he's got a long way to go to reach david but maybe someday.

Comment

Working...
                      X