No announcement yet.

This Davis-Broner Comparison...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    you didn't abandon zab after he lost to bumdomir?
    Not at all. But I missed the Judah-Baldomir fight completely. I remember watching highlights back then. Was it any good? Should I watch now?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Not at all. But I missed the Judah-Baldomir fight completely. I remember watching highlights back then. Was it any good? Should I watch now?
      thats strange. maybe they erased it from existence to pretend like the floyd-zab fight was a big deal even though judah was coming off an embarrassing loss to a journeyman. and no don't watch it. zab was up after 6 rounds, got rocked in the 7th and then almost literally(in boxing talk) started running away the last 6 rounds and barely engaged at all.

Comment

don't you think its a little disappointing when people say you are going to be the next fighter of the decade and you end up sucking? nobody talks about the other guys because no one knows who they are. we know who these guys are because they are given tons of easy fights in front of our eyes with the promise they will develop into good fighters. some guys like broner don't. he made money is a nice consolation prize but he didnt turn into what was promised.
        I can agree with some of your points. Broner wasn't that skilled and was hyped a lot. Why do you think Davis will be like him? Also, who hypes Davis?

Comment

thats strange. maybe they erased it from existence to pretend like the floyd-zab fight was a big deal even though judah was coming off an embarrassing loss to a journeyman. and no don't watch it. zab was up after 6 rounds, got rocked in the 7th and then almost literally(in boxing talk) started running away the last 6 rounds and barely engaged at all.
          Lol.. Sounds funny. I'll check it out.

Comment

Lol.. Sounds funny. I'll check it out.
            noooo i told you not to!

Comment

People have always said bad things behind successful peoples back out of envy.

Any top 10 boxer has major skills and made a living from boxing. I would ignore the fan banter, most logical people have respect for top tier boxers

Comment

noooo i told you not to!
                I remember not liking it back then!

Daggum, who should Gervonta fight next to prove he's not a hype? I've seen you around for a long while and your opinion is credible to me. There won't be Loma. Anybody else? Do you really think he's a just hype?
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 01-17-2018, 12:25 AM.

Comment

I can agree with some of your points. Broner wasn't that skilled and was hyped a lot. Why do you think Davis will be like him? Also, who hypes Davis?
                  they were both protected. floyd already admitted he was protecting him and davis was just on the undercard of floyd's ppv so obviously they are trying to hype him. is it working? im not so sure since he has never headlined so we cant really tell but time will tell. remember broner wasnt taking on all these stiff challengers. demarco was a solid win but besides that its uhhhhh bad. even the maidana fight was seen as a soft-ish touch. glass chinned khan had survived maidana and alexander recently destroyed him so they made the match and it backfired.

Comment

I agree. Davis is levels below broner and is more than likely on peds

Comment

I remember not liking it back then!

Daggum, who should Gervonata fight next to prove he's not a hype? I've seen you around for a long while and your opinion is credible to me. There won't be Loma. Anybody else? Do you really think he's a just hype?
                      is he just hype? we don't know yet. some guys are hype and turn out to be great. then we have some hyped guys that turn out like berto. well the best guy would be loma, followed by berchelt. those are the guys who have proven they are credible with multiple good wins. no baldomirs here. after that you got machado with one good win so maybe him.

Comment

Working...
                      X