Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josh Kelly could be bigger than Joshua in terms of Star power.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Kelly could be bigger than Joshua in terms of Star power.

He got talent, he got speed, got power, and especially got the looks.

He could be a PPV star but that factor would be is can that talent hold up to elite opposition? Of all the fighters that could be candidates on beating him, my top 2 is Terrence Crawford and Keith Thurman based on styles.

in 5 years maybe

Comment

I think it was Tony Bellew who is sceptical and wants to see him in with a top British fighter never mind going through the levels. Just because it does look like he is relying on instinct
      in there and it all looks a bit risky.

I am a fan though. He is must watch already for me

Comment

Hopefully in 2018 he can get some rounds in the bank. He looks very talented but needs to build up an engine to go the championship distance. On talent you'd expect him to completely outclass say, British champion Bradley Skeete. The only thing that goes against him is he's never been past 6.

Comment

Shame that Peter McDonagh got banned for 8 months, would have been a good fight for Josh this year. Another name that comes to mind is Carson Jones, but he's up at Super Welterweight these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I think it was Tony Bellew who is sceptical and wants to see him in with a top British fighter never mind going through the levels. Just because it does look like he is relying on instinct
            in there and it all looks a bit risky.

I am a fan though. He is must watch already for me
            Yeah, Lomachenko is still the only fighter that had proven that the matrix style of boxing can hold to great opposition, the matrix style IMO the most advanced style but is also kinda one of the most dangerous style to great fighters like Pacquiao, Floyd, and Marquez because of the level of their timing. Idk about Josh Kelly and Burnett, they have great styles but I need to see the opposition.

Burnett fighting Collazo is a good indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
              Shame that Peter McDonagh got banned for 8 months, would have been a good fight for Josh this year. Another name that comes to mind is Carson Jones, but he's up at Super Welterweight these days.
              IMO a He is ready for a Khan/Collazo/Peterson types of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                GTFOH he would get KO by all three. There are levels to this shit. I almost feel sorry for him to be honest, hype is nice and all for a boxer but it’s like people just watch the YouTube clip from legend boxing and decided to jump on a bandwagon, we need to let this guy grow at his own pace before getting him a crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  GTFOH he would get KO by all three. There are levels to this shit. I almost feel sorry for him to be honest, hype is nice and all for a boxer but it’s like people just watch the YouTube clip from legend boxing and decided to jump on a bandwagon, we need to let this guy grow at his own pace before getting him a crown.
                  Yeah I get your points. It's too bad that he's too young and inexperienced. I fear before we see him truly step in to top 15 opposition, Thurman, Spence, and Crawford will be too old.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    Lol man he needs to get at least a couple of 10 rounders under his belt and actually be pushed and put under pressure. So far he's had everything his own way.

If he squeezes two 10 rounders in by May, he'd be ready to start calling out Bradley Skeete. But Skeete is a Frank Warren fighter so he'd be protected no doubt.

You're well jumping the gun with the names you listed. Did the European title at that weight get vacated? The fella who won it off Sam Eggington is fighting for the vacant IBO in his next fight.

There's also the Commonwealth title held by Kris George, 13-1 (7 KO). Never heard of him. Josh should be looking to be in the hunt for these titles most definately by years' end.

Comment

Working...
                    X