Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josh Kelly could be bigger than Joshua in terms of Star power.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    As talented as Josh is, he will never eclipse Joshua for the following reasons;

1) He is a WW
    2) He is not black
    3) He is Scottish
    4) He is not an Olympic Gold Medalist
    5) He is not humble enough

But...he is a far, far superior boxer and genuine guy than Joshua could ever wish to be.
    Is the humble thing a big strike against a boxer in the UK?

I'm a US cat, but it does appear the UK fans are less of a fan of the bragging, sh^t talkers from the UK (or elsewhere) than other countries are & certainly than US fans are.

Although there was Prince Naz, but I honestly don't even remember how he was viewed in the UK anymore I just know I dug his style & ****iness.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I'm a US cat, but it does appear the UK fans are less of a fan of the bragging, sh^t talkers from the UK (or elsewhere) than other countries are & certainly than US fans are.

Although there was Prince Naz, but I honestly don't even remember how he was viewed in the UK anymore I just know I dug his style & ****iness.
      Its just the UK style really, Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, Rory McIlroy, all expected to act a certain way. Every now and again you get a glimpse of what they are really like, all an act.

Comment

I am being a little sarcastic to be honest, AJ IS marketed hugely on his 'humbleness' in the UK, and yes the British do prefer humility over grandiosity. Joshua is unique in many ways because he is a black HW champ but is managed by white guys pushing the 'so humble' narrative.

Look a Wilder, brash, flamboyant and American - its a great clash of personalities.

Stay humble brother, you know it makes sense...

Peace out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          He got talent, he got speed, got power, and especially got the looks.

He could be a PPV star but that factor would be is can that talent hold up to elite opposition? Of all the fighters that could be candidates on beating him, my top 2 is Terrence Crawford and Keith Thurman based on styles.
          Make him fight a world class guy now, let me guess he is a prospect

Comment

He's a phenomenal talent

Comment

He looks promising but I'd like to see him in there with decent opposition before crowning him the next best thing.

Comment

Oh yes, you can't be seen any other way. You got to act humble or fake it like Ricky Hatton. If you are NOT seen to be humble like Anthony Joshua or Frank Bruno then you would never sell here.

I don't think colour comes into it over here, so the fact that Kelly is white isn't a negative. They just want you to fight good and say nothing.

Naz, Khan, Hamilton, Froch etc were hated for it here.

Comment

No chance.....

Comment

Stay humble yo! Keep it real man!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Oh yes, you can't be seen any other way. You got to act humble or fake it like Ricky Hatton. If you are NOT seen to be humble like Anthony Joshua or Frank Bruno then you would never sell here.

I don't think colour comes into it over here, so the fact that Kelly is white isn't a negative. They just want you to fight good and say nothing.

Naz, Khan, Hamilton, Froch etc were hated for it here.
                      David Haye says hi.

Comment

Working...
                      X