Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Returning To The Sport, Matchroom Bound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Again have you seen sky undercards???������
    AJ-Wilder doesn’t need anything of note on the undercard to help sell in the UK. Do you honestly think Hearn will pay millions to make Khan-Brook when it’s not needed. Get real man. That would be a separate event on a separate date because both are big box office in the UK and Hearn being the cash grabbing c*nt he is would want to maximise the financial earning potential. It’s common sense, wake up man. Your idea of Khan-Brook and AJ-Wilder being part of the same event is absolutely ludicrous.
    Exactly these people have gone a bit crazy.Khan v Brook with a lead into Joshua v Wilder is absolute value for money and i would pay £50 on the PPV for it.But you have to remember this is Sky and Eddie Hearn so therefore when something is value for money it wont happen and they will try to avoid it.Giving Value for Money= Goes against everything Matchroom and Sky Sports are built on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      If Wilder-Joshua happens in Las Vegas (both guys win their next fights in stellar fashion, Vegas will have no issue putting up the $10m+ needed to top what could be had at Wembley), Matchroom Sport is still going to have to deliver a monster event for the fans in London.
      They would need to do more than that. I doubt that is even enough to pay Wilder for a Joshua fight. They potentially need 50million pounds all round to make this fight a reality in Vegas.

Comment

• Not the Khan news i was expecting i must admit. Interesting though.

Brook in the third fight? If so, it will interesting to see what weight that one will be at.

Comment

• Khan-Brook? Khan-Spence? Khan-Thurman? Give me a break. Amir must think we're all suckers.

Over the few years, Khan has led the public to believe - if not outright said - that he would be fighting Mayweather, Pacquiao, a Danny Garcia rematch and an MMA fight. None of that was even close to true.

Amir will continue to do what he has always done: troll fans with talk of a big fight while taking tune-up after tune-up. Carlos Molina, Julio Diaz, Chris Algieri, Luis Collazo...see the trend? So don't expect a big name anytime soon. Expect at least 2-3 tuneups first.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            I can honestly say I've never been punked in my life! I'm not the baddest guy out there but I handle mine when the time comes.
            But you a straight b-itch! You know it, I know it, and your whole family knows it!
            You get a hard on out of disrespecting guys on here cause you know I'll never get to you.
            But we both know you a straight ****ing punk! A punk is all you are!
            You sorry piece of shet!
            Your mom should of swallowed you b-itch!
            you a disgrace to your race bruh. don't be a typical criminal getting ****d in prison because when u in prison, u know what im gonna do to your mother now right son?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
              What the hell do Americans get over supporting fighters.British Support for a fighter dosent do anything it's irrelvent.I still laugh and cringe at those fans who went to Support Hatton against Mayweather.They wasted their money which they could've spend on their kids to watch a man they barely knew get knocked out across the Atlantic.
              That right there shows why American fans are the worse in the World.

If you enjoy a sport or are a fan of a fighter, then you spend that money to enjoy yourself and to show your support...

No wonder why you mofos one of the fattest nations in the world and are the worse fans in the world. Floyd is an ATG yet he gets booed in his home country LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                That right there shows why American fans are the worse in the World.

If you enjoy a sport or are a fan of a fighter, then you spend that money to enjoy yourself and to show your support...

No wonder why you mofos one of the fattest nations in the world and are the worse fans in the world. Floyd is an ATG yet he gets booed in his home country LOL
                I see Americans complaining if a TV shows over 2 hours long. Crowds only half half full and the ones that do turn up only watch the main event, in silence, few women screaming at the front.

Im watching boxing Im there 4 hours at least, then 3 hours late night US show.

Americans complain about undercards "who the hells this guy, only got 10 fights", "this guys done should never be on TV again", Noticed Brits know far more about prospects, follow the guys through their whole career., whatever happens. Then Americans have the audacity to say we watch any old ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  I see Americans complaining if a TV shows over 2 hours long. Crowds only half half full and the ones that do turn up only watch the main event, in silence, few women screaming at the front.

Im watching boxing Im there 4 hours at least, then 3 hours late night US show.

Americans complain about undercards "who the hells this guy, only got 10 fights", "this guys done should never be on TV again", Noticed Brits know far more about prospects, follow the guys through their whole career., whatever happens. Then Americans have the audacity to say we watch any old ****
                  Exactly.

I go to the Yorke Hall etc... I watch large and small shows and stay up to 4 or 5 am for big US shows. They got it easy in some ways TBH.

After Irish fans and maybe Mexicans, we definitely are the best.

Of course you do get drunks or fights in the crowd but the noise and also knowledge is top overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
                    That's probably the plan or close to what may happen. Whilst Khan vs Brook will do huge numbers in the UK, contrary to what the moaners and Yanks think, it's easy to see that there is nobody better suited to support AJ and his venture into the U.S than Khan. With Jacobs in tow too Matchroom could potentially have a good run at the U.S market now with a loyal UK PPV market already secured. Throw a fan friendly prospect into the card like Josh Kelly and you've got a decent line-up.

Or Khan vs Brook could be used as a supporting act to Joshua vs Fury to really cement that the biggest boxing events now all take place in the UK. The nation would probably come to a stand still and it would break all records. Casuals will be all over it. They already are. It's trending like mad. Even celebrities are chiming in on Twitter.

The bottom line here is having Khan and Brook in the same stable means Hearn has just stamped on the neck of rival British promoters and networks.

It's definitely the end game for both Brook and Khan now. Then again Khan has always been unassumingly intelligent and will probably milk Matchroom for all its worth and walk away without fighting Brook after delivering a marquee U.S name to the UK. He is a low risk and high reward option for everyone from 147-154. They WILL want that UK money and, seemingly, an easy scalp on their record.

Hearn looked like he achieved a lifetime dream of his when he announced the Khan signing. Khan has always been the only boxer to ever consistently lead Hearn into traps and lead his boxers into their demise. Hearn probably wanted Khan since the McCloskey days but got the zero personality having weirdo Kell Brook and his suspect behaviour instead.

Queue the empty gestures and empty promises for Brook.

Unless I see a pre-fight agreement between Khan vs Brook I still believe it won't happen.

One of the best all-round deals I've seen in a while to be honest with most involved benefiting and as much as I hate Matchroom/Sky Sports...this really is going to do a lot of damage to Frank Warren and BoxNation.

Tyson Fury is still a free agent. Hearn has made a move for Fury before. Like Khan, Fury hates Hearn too. Money talks in this game though and I wouldn't be surprised if Hearn outbids Warren for Fury offering him the same sort of deal Khan is getting.

If Matchroom got rid of their shady as fùck StubHub deal, got rid of all them shills working for Sky Sports then I'd probably support them more. Bastards robbed me a few times with last-minute changes and their shìtty refund/compensation policy which is almost non-existant.
                    Tyson Fury is heading back to Frank Warren; the fact that his opening Gambit in the Joshua talks was that he would get 60% of the pot let's you know all that you need to know (be ready for that to be the carrot that the UK holds onto until a lull in the UK scene ever hits).

Beyond that, for whatever intelligence that Khan has, Hearn's no fool either. He finessed himself out of the Eubank Jr situation, finessed a deal to finally get David Haye in the ring (David Haye was David Haye, with his body failing him again; Bellew's run on top now has at least two more bankable fights), and he'll likely finesse the Khan deal too.

Khan will get a return fight, likely under Joshua-Parker (or on his own show), and then the deal will get into gear (the way that Hearn runs his business is great to watch, almost exactly how Schaefer had things set at Golden Boy before Oscar started ****ing **** up).

If the Brook fight isn't next (I think it almost has to be), Hearn will call up Haymon for Khan, and offer his basic "star" package; budget to properly put on a Matchroom event, ticket allotments if that's what Haymon wants for Khan, the show gets put on, the outlay to put up the show gets covered before anything, and Khan and Hearn split whatever proceeds left on the event, after everyone is paid, 80/20 Khan (who then pays Haymon his cut, plus whatever other expenses he'd need to cover in camp).

No signing bonus, no advances on the deal, no guaranteed minimum; Khan owns his show, and he makes as much money as he can draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
                      Exactly these people have gone a bit crazy.Khan v Brook with a lead into Joshua v Wilder is absolute value for money and i would pay £50 on the PPV for it.But you have to remember this is Sky and Eddie Hearn so therefore when something is value for money it wont happen and they will try to avoid it.Giving Value for Money= Goes against everything Matchroom and Sky Sports are built on.
                      Yeah exactly they’ll milk all they can out of both fights

Comment

Working...
                      X