Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who ducked fighters but tried to make it look like the other way around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    IronDanHamza

Hopkins ducked Toney.
    That's actually true.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Precisely. I find it odd that Floyd fans cannot see the logic here. One guy has a history of fighting dangerous opponents who are bigger than him and giving them multiple rematches after going life and death with them...the other guy has a history of playing it safe and seeking every possible advantage over his opponent before agreeing to a fight. Open and shut case right there...as simple as a domestic violence charge and subsequent jail sentence. Ha!
      floyd fanboy logic intimidation only works on people who lack common sense...thats why they rely heavily on childish tactics like name calling, and such...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        What?

He didn't do testing for Hatton. He only did testing after he got KTFO.
        On December 28, 2009, video from an episode of HBO's Pacquiao-Hatton: 24/7 surfaced on the internet showing Pacquiao giving blood in the weeks leading up to his May 2, 2009, bout with Ricky Hatton. Documents confirmed that the video was recorded on April 8, 2009, 24 days prior to the fight and past the 30-day cut-off date that Pacquiao had demanded for a Mayweather fight.

Comment

Why can't we just agree that neither Ward nor GGG wanted to give up a weight advantage to fight the other? Each of them contradicted themselves. It's a wash.
          They both obviously only offered up those relatively low weights because it was for the kind of money you'd give up almost anything for. I wouldn't hesitate to get in the ring with AJ or Wilder (or both) for that kind of money.

Holding them to that for every fight is silly. GGG shouldn't be expected to go down to 154 reasonably, and Ward shouldn't be expected to go down to 160 reasonably.

Offering up a catchweight in general is a weak move - you are either flexing the A-side for an advantage or you are requesting a weight you know is too low for the other fighter to accept.

Around the time period GGG made the 164lb offer Ward had just weighed in for Paul Smith at just under 172 and GGG had not yet even fought Lemieux. He was not just requesting an advantage as the A-side, he was asking for Ward to come down a lot of weight to avoid the fight.

Comment

Once Hopkins beat Trinidad he became the biggest diva in Boxing.

He had no intention of fighting Toney, Calzaghe and Jones. I remember after he beat Hakkar I think it was he called out Mayorga, Mosley, De La Hoya basically just welterweights.

He got lucky when Oscar thought he was old enough to try at a catch-weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              On December 28, 2009, video from an episode of HBO's Pacquiao-Hatton: 24/7 surfaced on the internet showing Pacquiao giving blood in the weeks leading up to his May 2, 2009, bout with Ricky Hatton. Documents confirmed that the video was recorded on April 8, 2009, 24 days prior to the fight and past the 30-day cut-off date that Pacquiao had demanded for a Mayweather fight.
              That wasn't drug testing, that was for his medical.

Also proved he was full of **** asking for a 30 day cut off but he gave blood for the Hatton fight within 30 days. What he just forgot that did he?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                That's actually true.
                I actually had no idea

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  I actually had no idea
                  They were about to fight in 2003 at Cruiserweight but Hopkins turned it down in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Once Hopkins beat Trinidad he became the biggest diva in Boxing.

He had no intention of fighting Toney, Calzaghe and Jones. I remember after he beat Hakkar I think it was he called out Mayorga, Mosley, De La Hoya basically just welterweights.

He got lucky when Oscar thought he was old enough to try at a catch-weight.
                    believe he called out vargas as well

Comment

Well that was enlightening. Good to see you can lose an argument without even putting up a fight. You should have never bothered to reply to me in the first place if that's your reaction. You launch a personal attack yet I'm the *******? You're obviously someone's alt. Not even a very good one at that. Thanks for playing.

Next!
                      Freddie roach agrees with me

Comment

Working...
                      X