Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who ducked fighters but tried to make it look like the other way around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    Just because you say it isn't doesn't mean its so. Ward was inactive. That's relevant. Even when he was active (which he wasn't) he didn't have the drawing power of JCC Jr or Froch. That is relevant.

I didn't scream out Ward at 160.

I guess pointing out that Ward hasn't made 168 since 2013 isn't relevant either.

I am going to deny everything you said even the part where you accuse me of treating GGG like a God. I never said Ward ducked GGG. I've said on more than one occassion I thought Ward would beat GGG. I even said so in this very thread. My point was that Ward was pissing in the wind. He was using GGG's exploding reputation to remain relevant during a time his inactivity made him a forgotten man in the sport. I respect the tactic. It makes sense and it worked. But I see it for what it was. A marketing ploy.
    when ward made 168 last is not relevant...he said he could make it and hes never given us a reason to not believe him...if he says it we have to take it at face value...and he contacted k2 and loeffler with an offer to fight at 168

ward wasnt active...but his name always ring bells in the boxing world...the boxing world knows who andre ward is....and they have for years.....too many people look at things in terms of pacquiao/floyd/canelo etc.....not every guy is going to be that big....take a look at ward/kova for example....great fight on paper...huge...probably not many fights you could make that are better in the boxing world....and yet both fights were not a success commercially........wards inactivity had no real bearing on anything.....he was still in his "prime" and he was an unbeaten champ....and he was ready to fight......

too many of you guys expect every fight to have the pomp and circumstance of a canelo fight.....and you should know that doesnt happen.....and because a fight doesnt have that appeal doesnt mean it shouldnt be made.....ggg/ward was a huge fight in the world of boxing...it was relevant and feasible....and golovkin flat out wanted no part of it

Comment

• Ward is another one.

One of the most hilarious sections was on Sky Sports, I can't remember what the context was but Ward was an analyst on the show/broadcast/fight. And they ran a clip of Froch calling him out for an interview. When it went back to live, Ward was basically saying how Froch won't call him out for a rematch...not realising they'd just showed a video of FRoch calling him out.

LOL

Comment

• Bowe ducking Lewis is the biggest duck in boxing history . So much beyond the fact its at HW in a division that needed to establish who was better .That even dumping the belt in the trash can , Bowe still managed to make a credible story how it was Lewis's fault the fight never took place the entire time he was active in the 90's .

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          In 2015. Golovkin and his team were mentioning Ward thoughout 2014. When Ward was inactive. When he came back in 2015 he offered the fight at 168. Suddenly Golovkin changed his tune. 168 for Froch, 168 for Chavez but not Ward, he must come to 164. Lil G got his bluff called and looked like a *****. That's why to this day Golovkin fans hate Ward.
          By 2015 GGG was lined up for a mandatory shot against Miguel Cotto. That kind of makes a big difference. Nevermind that Ward didn't make 168 in 2015 and hasn't done so since 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            when ward made 168 last is not relevant...he said he could make it and hes never given us a reason to not believe him...
            Other than the fact that he hadn't done it since 2013 and was incredibly since then.

if he says it we have to take it at face value...and he contacted k2 and loeffler with an offer to fight at 168
            No we don't. We don't have to take a damned thing for face value from anyone.
            ward wasnt active...but his name always ring bells in the boxing world...the boxing world knows who andre ward is....and they have for years.....too many people look at things in terms of pacquiao/floyd/canelo etc.....not every guy is going to be that big....take a look at ward/kova for example....great fight on paper...huge...probably not many fights you could make that are better in the boxing world....and yet both fights were not a success commercially.......
            Ward's name rang bells from 2013 to 2016 in that when people heard his name they were like "Didn't he retire?"

wards inactivity had no real bearing on anything.....he was still in his "prime" and he was an unbeaten champ....and he was ready to fight......
            Yes it does. If you're inactive then you're not in the news hence his blatent attempt to piggyback on GGG's burgeoning reputation. If you're inactive then you're not under pressure to maintain weight. He said he could make 168 but he never did after his fight with Edwin Rodriguez. You say he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I say its getting older and not fighting actively makes it hard to maintain weight.

and because a fight doesnt have that appeal doesnt mean it shouldnt be made.....ggg/ward was a huge fight in the world of boxing...it was relevant and feasible
            Relevant yes. But its feasibility is certainly debatable.

Comment

Other than the fact that he hadn't done it since 2013 and was incredibly since then.

No we don't. We don't have to take a damned thing for face value from anyone.

Ward's name rang bells from 2013 to 2016 in that when people heard his name they were like "Didn't he retire?"

Yes it does. If you're inactive then you're not in the news hence his blatent attempt to piggyback on GGG's burgeoning reputation. If you're inactive then you're not under pressure to maintain weight. He said he could make 168 but he never did after his fight with Edwin Rodriguez. You say he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I say its getting older and not fighting actively makes it hard to maintain weight.

Relevant yes. But its feasibility is certainly debatable.
              ok man...cool...i can clearly see im not talking with someone who is sensible and wants to reason...have a good one chief

Comment

ok man...cool...i can clearly see im not talking with someone who is sensible and wants to reason...have a good one chief
                Says the man who wants us to take an inactive fighter's word that he can make weight.

Comment

Says the man who wants us to take an inactive fighter's word that he can make weight.
                  and what has ward ever done for us to not take him at his word?

why did he weigh in at 171 for a 175 fight against paul smith??? the logical answer is he was going to approach ggg about a 168 fight and wanted to keep his weight just as close to 168 as it was to 175...and if ggg said "no" then he would continue to go to 175.....thats logical and sensible....but you are neither of those

dont bother replying...you are either dumb or just a delusional fanboy....you arent worth my time

Comment

and what has ward ever done for us to not take him at his word?
                    I'm going to go with not making 168 since 2013 for starters.
                    why did he weigh in at 171 for a 175 fight against paul smith??? the logical answer is he was going to approach ggg about a 168 fight and wanted to keep his weight just as close to 168 as it was to 175...and if ggg said "no" then he would continue to go to 175.....thats logical and sensible....but you are neither of those
                    A 175 pound fight against a guy who spent his entire career at 168. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Comment

I'm going to go with not making 168 since 2013 for starters.

A 175 pound fight against a guy who spent his entire career at 168. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
                      why are you still talking nonsense...and quoting me? i told u not to bother...you arent reasonable or sensible...you arent a boxing fan

ward weighed 171 for paul smith fight? why would he do that if he was 175 fighter? oh thats right...because previous to paul smith fight, which was within a month of when he approached lil g about a fight, nearly all of his career fights were at 168

you cant use logic and reason....you dont wanna see the cracks in your hero...i understand....i was a child once too

Comment

Working...
                      X