Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who ducked fighters but tried to make it look like the other way around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    Ward's offer was fake because he knew he probably couldn't make 168 let alone 164. He was using GGG's reputation to make him relevant again. He was so inactive during GGG's rise he was forced to settle for headlining the only boxing card ever aired on BET. Calling out GGG was a marketing ploy. Pure and simple.
    There might be some truth to it being a marketing ploy, a lot of fighters use other fighter's names to increase their exposure.

I just don't buy into GGG ever being able to beat Ward though, in fact I'd be so confident in the result that if it were to ever happen I'd bet everything I own on Ward

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Who is lil g's boss? Loeffler.

On October 8th, just three months after Rafael’s report, Loeffler gave an interview to boxingscene.com explaining why the official offer was rejected.

Rejected as in turned it down.

http://www.thefightcity.com/golovkin...ovalev-boxing/
      As usual that is much more harsh interpretation than reality would justify but I actually think the article itself seemed a fair description of events. I think both sides played games but Abel Sanchez certainly needs to learn to STFU. I can't stand that dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        i cant believe there are still idiots out there that think ward ducked lil g....

I don't think Ward ducked GGG. I just don't think he was geninue with his offers. I think he was using GGG's name to maintain some semblance of relevancy in the sport at a time he was barely fighting. But I do think he would have fought GGG if he had the chance. You can't duck GGG and fight Kovalev 2x.

Comment

I don't think Ward ducked GGG. I just don't think he was geninue with his offers. I think he was using GGG's name to maintain some semblance of relevancy in the sport at a time he was barely fighting. But I do think he would have fought GGG if he had the chance. You can't duck GGG and fight Kovalev 2x.
          You don't even know what you're talking about.

Golovkin and his team were the ones that kept bringing up Wards name. It wasn't until 2015 when Ward told them to stop fooling the fans and sent them an offer.

Comment

lil g has actually chased fights at 168 and said he could go there easily....he has actually willingly agreed to terms with 168 fighters......

some of you clowns go around spouting the same dumb nonsense and then wonder why people defecate on lil g
            Froch and JCCjr were much bigger fights than a fight with Ward. Froch was final fights took place at the same time GGG was on the rise whereas Ward was running into all kinds of problems with his promoter. JCC Jr was active during that period as well. Context matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
              There might be some truth to it being a marketing ploy, a lot of fighters use other fighter's names to increase their exposure.

I just don't buy into GGG ever being able to beat Ward though, in fact I'd be so confident in the result that if it were to ever happen I'd bet everything I own on Ward
              While GGG is my favorite fighter any idea that he might be able to beat Ward went out the window after watching Ward fight Kovalev 2x. Kovalev is a bigger guy and bigger puncher than GGG and Ward handled his shots pretty well. While GGG is probably a better fighter than Kovalev the fact that Kovalev's power didn't make that much of a difference makes me think GGG's punches wouldn't have had an effect on Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                You don't even know what you're talking about.

Golovkin and his team were the ones that kept bringing up Wards name. It wasn't until 2015 when Ward told them to stop fooling the fans and sent them an offer.
                Oh bull*****. Ward was definately calling out GGG and being hypocritical about it. Guy criticized GGG for calling out smaller fighters like Mayweather, Canelo and Cotto while calling out GGG a smaller fighter.

Comment

Oh bull*****. Ward was definately calling out GGG and being hypocritical about it. Guy criticized GGG for calling out smaller fighters like Mayweather, Canelo and Cotto while calling out GGG a smaller fighter.
                  In 2015. Golovkin and his team were mentioning Ward thoughout 2014. When Ward was inactive. When he came back in 2015 he offered the fight at 168. Suddenly Golovkin changed his tune. 168 for Froch, 168 for Chavez but not Ward, he must come to 164. Lil G got his bluff called and looked like a *****. That's why to this day Golovkin fans hate Ward.

Comment

Froch and JCCjr were much bigger fights than a fight with Ward. Froch was final fights took place at the same time GGG was on the rise whereas Ward was running into all kinds of problems with his promoter. JCC Jr was active during that period as well. Context matters.
                    thats not very relevant

bottom line....when ward mentioned 160 for floyd...it was fantasyland...would never happen...never possible...because floyd said so and never tried to fight at 160

lil g did try to fight at 168 and even accepted terms for 168 fights...which means him vs. the 168 kingpin was very feasible....its really simple...but you dummies are still out here screaming "ward said 160"....which means jack ****

your hero had problems at 160 with canelo...which means he knows straight up he had no chance at 168 against ward

my guess is your next response will have you saying "bu bu but ward was 175"...when ward contacted golovkin he had only had the paul smith fight above 168...and ward weighed in under the limit at 171 in case golovkin decided to grow a set

are you going to deny what im saying? or are you starting to notice cracks in your immortal god?
                    Last edited by Curt Henning; 12-23-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

thats not very relevant.lil g did try to fight at 168 and even accepted terms for 168 fights...which means him vs. the 168 kingpin was very feasible....its really simple...
                      Just because you say it isn't doesn't mean its so. Ward was inactive. That's relevant. Even when he was active (which he wasn't) he didn't have the drawing power of JCC Jr or Froch. That is relevant.
                      but you dummies are still out here screaming "ward said 160"....which means jack ****
                      I didn't scream out Ward at 160.

my guess is your next response will have you saying "bu bu but ward was 175"...when ward contacted golovkin he had only had the paul smith fight above 168...and ward weighed in under the limit at 171 in case golovkin decided to grow a set
                      I guess pointing out that Ward hasn't made 168 since 2013 isn't relevant either.

are you going to deny what im saying? or are you starting to notice cracks in your immortal god?
                      I am going to deny everything you said even the part where you accuse me of treating GGG like a God. I never said Ward ducked GGG. I've said on more than one occassion I thought Ward would beat GGG. I even said so in this very thread. My point was that Ward was pissing in the wind. He was using GGG's exploding reputation to remain relevant during a time his inactivity made him a forgotten man in the sport. I respect the tactic. It makes sense and it worked. But I see it for what it was. A marketing ploy.

Comment

Working...
                      X