Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders' Promoter: Jacobs Fight Will Happen on Our Terms!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saunders just went to Canada for Lemieux, but NYC is out of the question? It is what it is! Basically, Lemieux is not as big of a threat as Daniel Jacobs! Danny, go get that money in Japan with Murata!

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Kid View Post
      We get that its prizefighting but there won't be anymore "prizes" if they keep fighting guys that have no chance and dodging quality fighters in the name of money. People are not going to keep falling for this BS. If Saunders is so slick and according to him "the slickest fighter in the world then prove it and stop acting like a *****. Every fighter's excuse when he knows there's a chance he will lose is to say "he's unknown or what does he bring to the table?" Punk ***** he fought GGG competitively. If these so-called great fighters had some balls then boxing would be where it should be at this point. ***** ass check chasing mfs.
      If Jacobs wants it, he is not showing any signs. He barely called out the winner of Saunders and Lemieux fight, made some whispers about wanting the winner. Fight is over, he said nothing.

If Jacobs wants the fight, this passive attitude will not get him there because there is actually no reason to fight him. He needs to demand it, make a lot of noise about it.

The ball to get things going is in Jacobs court.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
        Exactly... if Jacobs is so confident, just take the fight wherever on the challengers purse and then reap the rewards when you take that title. Expecting BJS to chase a challenger is comical.

I also agree with half of what someone above said... If Canelo wins there is a strong chance the GB don’t want him anywhere near BSJ... If GGG wins tho I fully expect him to come for that belt, and be willing to do it on British soil too like a proper OG.
        Canelo wouldn't fight BJS, but GGG definitely would. And yes, he would come to the UK for it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Kid View Post
          We get that its prizefighting but there won't be anymore "prizes" if they keep fighting guys that have no chance and dodging quality fighters in the name of money. People are not going to keep falling for this BS. If Saunders is so slick and according to him "the slickest fighter in the world then prove it and stop acting like a *****. Every fighter's excuse when he knows there's a chance he will lose is to say "he's unknown or what does he bring to the table?" Punk ***** he fought GGG competitively. If these so-called great fighters had some balls then boxing would be where it should be at this point. ***** ass check chasing mfs.
          BJS has a world title and a stand out win in his last fight, in the other guy's home town. Jacob's last fight was against a C level nobody. So why are you saying Bill is the one who needs to prove himself, not Danny?

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
            Saunders is not gettin' Canelo or Golovkin any time soon. What other potential opponents would bring more money/interest than a fight against Jacobs?
            If bily joe loses to Jacobs then he could kiss a $boxing match$ with Nelo goodbye. That's why. Nelo brings the most money in boxing now so Nelo is the aim.
            Last edited by j.razor; 12-22-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              They're never going to fight Jacobs. They're holding out for the winner of Golovkin vs. Canelo so they can cash out.
              Then that means Nelo cuz you can't cash out with golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                The comments in this thread are unbelievably stupid... with Canelo-GGG rematch being for every other belt, who in their right mind would take a very risky fight for average money (Jacobs) when BJS can take a voluntary and hopefully get the winner for ALL the belts on a massive PPV and a decent slice of the pie???

Lol I get Americans hate most British fighters, a lot of Brits don’t like BJS or Warren... but this is just common sense.

This is PRIZEFIGHTING people. If you want pure boxing all about the best fighting the best, please go and support amateur boxing - it needs the support too.
                Belts aside, Jacobs and Saunders are the top two guys in the division not named GGG and Canelo. Jacobs actually has a solid argument that he’s right there with GGG and Canelo. If you’re Saunders, why not try and overtake Jacobs? From a business standpoint, I understand not wanting to risk a potential fight against Canelo-GGG winner. But from a fan’s perspective, I don’t see why you’re out here beating the table supporting the best NOT fighting each other.

Comment

Saunders could have fought Canelo by now. Let's not forget that Frank Warren turned down a spot on the undercard for Canelo vs Liam Smith.

The plan by Golden Boy Promotions was to showcase BJS to the American PPV audience and build him up as Nelo's next opponent.

So if he has to wait for a big fight now it only serves him right.

Regardless...I don't expect that he will fight Daniel Jacobs next. Too high risk.

Comment

The Americans being their usual poisonous selves in this thread. Just like clockwork.

Comment

BJS should fight Jacobs but it's a business.............

With the big win over Lemieux, BJS could go back to the UK and fight a nobody and make more money with less risk than fighting Jacobs. BJS wants GGG/Canelo loser or winner because that would be huge payday for him. I don't like it but I understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X