Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders' Promoter: Jacobs Fight Will Happen on Our Terms!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herb666
    I see Saunders as needing Jacobs more than Jacobs needs Saunders. Either one could really make a statement by fighting Charlo
    Why does Saunders need Jacobs? BJS has a belt and could easily wait it out for GGG/Canelo. Jacobs brings no belts and no money.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

In other words. Fight will never happen. Can't really blame him. He wouldn't be fighting one-dimensional Lemieux so there is some risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
        Neither Golovkin nor Canelo want to be matched against somebody building a reputation as a 'runner'. There is no guarantee Saunders gets those fights.
        Exactly. I said the only way Saunders gets one of those fights is it GGG beats Canelo, then i think GGG makes the unification.

If GGG lost, the unification is off anyway and I don't think Canelo will be that bothered about the WBO belt or getting all the belts if he beats GGG. Canelo wasn't even fighting for the WBC title in the first fight was he?

The only way Saunders gets Canelo in the ring is to build up his reputation to the point where that's the only fight people want to see Canelo in.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          Why does Saunders need Jacobs? BJS has a belt and could easily wait it out for GGG/Canelo. Jacobs brings no belts and no money.

Completely agree, Jacobs is frozen out at the moment, he has no belt and nowhere to go, has already been beaten by GGG.

He is a tough opponent and is in the 'who needs him club' where he brings little money to the table.

BJS is in a much better position, he is a belt holder and is in prime position for GGG or Canelo and has just announced himself in North America with a very impressive display. Jacobs is also a boring personality whereas BJS is an absolute wind up merchant who fans will pay to see, even if they want to see him get his face smashed in.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            Exactly. I said the only way Saunders gets one of those fights is it GGG beats Canelo, then i think GGG makes the unification.

If GGG lost, the unification is off anyway and I don't think Canelo will be that bothered about the WBO belt or getting all the belts if he beats GGG. Canelo wasn't even fighting for the WBC title in the first fight was he?

The only way Saunders gets Canelo in the ring is to build up his reputation to the point where that's the only fight people want to see Canelo in.
            True, BJS money fight is probably still Eubank Jr imo.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
              The comments in this thread are unbelievably stupid... with Canelo-GGG rematch being for every other belt, who in their right mind would take a very risky fight for average money (Jacobs) when BJS can take a voluntary and hopefully get the winner for ALL the belts on a massive PPV and a decent slice of the pie???

Lol I get Americans hate most British fighters, a lot of Brits don’t like BJS or Warren... but this is just common sense.

This is PRIZEFIGHTING people. If you want pure boxing all about the best fighting the best, please go and support amateur boxing - it needs the support too.
              We get that its prizefighting but there won't be anymore "prizes" if they keep fighting guys that have no chance and dodging quality fighters in the name of money. People are not going to keep falling for this BS. If Saunders is so slick and according to him "the slickest fighter in the world then prove it and stop acting like a *****. Every fighter's excuse when he knows there's a chance he will lose is to say "he's unknown or what does he bring to the table?" Punk ***** he fought GGG competitively. If these so-called great fighters had some balls then boxing would be where it should be at this point. ***** ass check chasing mfs.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                In other words. Fight will never happen. Can't really blame him. He wouldn't be fighting one-dimensional Lemieux so there is some risk.
                It would do him a world of good to fight and beat Jacobs. He already proved that GGG's resume is full of bums when he schooled Monroe and Lemule. If he goes and schools shuts out Jacobs too, then he either proves that he is a cut above GGG or at the same level as GGG, or he proves that GGG been fighting nothing but bums.

Either way, GGG will have no choice but to fight Saunders in order to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Because there's no guarantee he would even get a fight with GGG or Canelo. Tell your favorite fighter to stop acting like a b*tch and fight a quality opponent. What does Jacobs bring to the table? Real skills. He's not going to lumber forward like limited skills Lemieux. Jacobs would cut the ring off and beat that ass LOL. That's why they don't want the fight. B**tch ass ***** ass Saunders LOL. Fight the Charlo brothers and you would get your slick head torn the f**k off. LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                    Neither Golovkin nor Canelo want to be matched against somebody building a reputation as a 'runner'. There is no guarantee Saunders gets those fights.
                    GGG always said he wanted all the belts. He said it again this year right after the Canelo fight when Canelo and his team showed interest in fighting the winner of Saunders and Lemieux.

Or does he just want the belts when it's with Canelo? It's his dream he has been singing for years now, he should go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                      The comments in this thread are unbelievably stupid... with Canelo-GGG rematch being for every other belt, who in their right mind would take a very risky fight for average money (Jacobs) when BJS can take a voluntary and hopefully get the winner for ALL the belts on a massive PPV and a decent slice of the pie???

Lol I get Americans hate most British fighters, a lot of Brits don’t like BJS or Warren... but this is just common sense.

This is PRIZEFIGHTING people. If you want pure boxing all about the best fighting the best, please go and support amateur boxing - it needs the support too.
                      Very well said.

I see no reason in Saunders fighting Jacobs, when Jacobs is not even aggressively chasing him. So he the champion should challenge Jacobs a guy who brings no money, belts, not a mandatory and not even a fight fans are demanding. Makes no sense to me.

GGG already said he wants all the belts, been aaying that for years now. He can get Saunders who already called him out just some days ago if he wins the Canelo fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X