Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders' Promoter: Jacobs Fight Will Happen on Our Terms!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
    Saunders is not gettin' Canelo or Golovkin any time soon. What other potential opponents would bring more money/interest than a fight against Jacobs?
    cmon, man. bjs is the face of boxing now !

Comment

The comments in this thread are unbelievably stupid... with Canelo-GGG rematch being for every other belt, who in their right mind would take a very risky fight for average money (Jacobs) when BJS can take a voluntary and hopefully get the winner for ALL the belts on a massive PPV and a decent slice of the pie???

Lol I get Americans hate most British fighters, a lot of Brits don’t like BJS or Warren... but this is just common sense.

This is PRIZEFIGHTING people. If you want pure boxing all about the best fighting the best, please go and support amateur boxing - it needs the support too.

Comment

They're never going to fight Jacobs. They're holding out for the winner of Golovkin vs. Canelo so they can cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
          The comments in this thread are unbelievably stupid... with Canelo-GGG rematch being for every other belt, who in their right mind would take a very risky fight for average money (Jacobs) when BJS can take a voluntary and hopefully get the winner for ALL the belts on a massive PPV and a decent slice of the pie???

Lol I get Americans hate most British fighters, a lot of Brits don’t like BJS or Warren... but this is just common sense.

This is PRIZEFIGHTING people. If you want pure boxing all about the best fighting the best, please go and support amateur boxing - it needs the support too.
          the khan strategy

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            They're never going to fight Jacobs. They're holding out for the winner of Golovkin vs. Canelo so they can cash out.
            Neither Golovkin nor Canelo want to be matched against somebody building a reputation as a 'runner'. There is no guarantee Saunders gets those fights.

Comment

Say what ever you want about Mayweather, but you can't deny, he used A-side to increase his purse and gain advantages where he could, but fights still got made. Fighters/promoters use "I'm the A-side" to avoid fights now. Whenever a promoter or a fighter say's, the fight will be on our terms, more times than not, it means they have no interest in fighting that person. It would be nice if they just did things the old way, you know, first negotiate, then talk schit if negotiations fall apart. Can't come to terms if you're not willing to negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                What's with these British fighters getting big heads after their little wins?
                Saunder beat Lemieux, now all of the sudden he thinks he's Anthony Joshua.
                Saunders has the title. Why would it be any other case that the fight is not on his terms vs Jacobs?

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                  Saunders has the title. Why would it be any other case that the fight is not on his terms vs Jacobs?
                  Exactly... if Jacobs is so confident, just take the fight wherever on the challengers purse and then reap the rewards when you take that title. Expecting BJS to chase a challenger is comical.

I also agree with half of what someone above said... If Canelo wins there is a strong chance the GB don’t want him anywhere near BSJ... If GGG wins tho I fully expect him to come for that belt, and be willing to do it on British soil too like a proper OG.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                    Exactly... if Jacobs is so confident, just take the fight wherever on the challengers purse and then reap the rewards when you take that title. Expecting BJS to chase a challenger is comical.

I also agree with half of what someone above said... If Canelo wins there is a strong chance the GB don’t want him anywhere near BSJ... If GGG wins tho I fully expect him to come for that belt, and be willing to do it on British soil too like a proper OG.
                    BJS style would give Canelo trouble IMO. Defensive boxers who move away in Mayweather and Lara gave him plenty of trouble. Heck Khan even gave Canelo trouble until he got KTFO...

Comment

THE fight should happen where ever there is more money.

Comment

Working...
                      X