No announcement yet.

loma's response to floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    I agree but it's not like it's going to be easy making a Berchelt fight since he's got a tune-up after his injury in February and is committed to facing Roman so he'd be unavailable for a Loma fight until the end of 2018. Davis is free now and has no opponent so you should always seek the best available opponent should you not?

I do agree with the sentiment that it's a gross mismatch and I think it was more a case of Lomachenko responding to Davis' trash talk and bravado and Mayweather's dismissive attitude.

People are critical due to the nature of Mayweather's attacks and hype of his own fighter (which is fine as that's his job and he absolutely should hype his kid). If Lomachenko is as unimpressive as Mayweather suggests then surely pit your guy against him since it's probably the best available fight/event and money maker for both guys in the first quarter of 2018.
    Not in this situation. If you are a proven fighter in your prime, yes. If you are a young fighter that is being built that hasn't faced top comp, then no. I mean should Diego Dela Hoya be fighting Jacobs, Charlo or GGG? Of course not.

No promoter/manager would put Davis in with Loma right now, especially given the fact Davis has a good base in Baltimore that it looks like they can develop.

Everyone knows Davis should be fighting Salido, Macahado or Roman since all would be a step up from his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Not in this situation. If you are a proven fighter in your prime, yes. If you are a young fighter that is being built that hasn't faced top comp, then no. I mean should Diego Dela Hoya be fighting Jacobs, Charlo or GGG? Of course not.

No promoter/manager would put Davis in with Loma right now, especially given the fact Davis has a good base in Baltimore that it looks like they can develop.

Everyone knows Davis should be fighting Salido, Macahado or Roman since all would be a step up from his last fight.
      So they should keep Loma's name out of their mouths and stop trying to criticize him every time they are asked about him. They should just say "He's too much for now and we are not ready" and stop with the petty comments.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        So they should keep Loma's name out of their mouths and stop trying to criticize him every time they are asked about him. They should just say "He's too much for now and we are not ready" and stop with the petty comments.
        Well Floyd all but said that. Frankly, Loma's gotten far more press from this than anything else. The thread on this had like 400 + responses in it.

My point is still that common sense should guide posters, not hate for Floyd. Loma/Davis is a mismatch right now.

Comment

Well Floyd all but said that. Frankly, Loma's gotten far more press from this than anything else. The thread on this had like 400 + responses in it.

My point is still that common sense should guide posters, not hate for Floyd. Loma/Davis is a mismatch right now.
          That's a cop out, it's only about managing his record, nothing more, nothing less, I didn't see floyd complain when they were putting Davis in with opponents that he dismantled easily, if you want to be a world champ, you need to beat the best out there, not manufacture a fraudulent record

Comment

why you care so much if ppl hate floyd...he a grown man he'll be alright...plus, he brought a lot of the negative criticism upon himself...

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
              That's a cop out, it's only about managing his record, nothing more, nothing less, I didn't see floyd complain when they were putting Davis in with opponents that he dismantled easily, if you want to be a world champ, you need to beat the best out there, not manufacture a fraudulent record
              Why do posters like you throw common sense out the window when Floyd is involved? If Davis were promoted by anyone else this wouldn't even be discussed.

Davis is being built up. He is 23. Yes, he has won a belt. As far as where he is among 130lbers-he is in the 2nd tier with Salido, Machado, Roman and Vargas.

His next fight should be a step up in comp, which is anyone of these 4. Instead, posters want him to go fight Loma, even though they know Loma would win.

Why can't he fight guys from the 2nd tier while Loma and Berchelt, the 2 best at 130, fight each other?

Every promoter manages his top fighter's records. Why is it suddenly an issue when Floyd does it?

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                all true but this era fighters are scared of losing because their value usually goes down among fans I mean how many times has a damn good fighter lost and been called a bum, a hype job ect

look at brook vs GGG he fought like a warrior for as long as he could until his corner pulled him out then he fought what could be the best fighter of the next era straight after but ask 100 ppl on here and 90 or so will not say "brook took risks and come up short but still respect him" instead its "brooks a bum a quitter ect"

promoters know fans these days are looking for the next invincible fighter and hype sells not valiant warriors the era of fans who grew up on films like rocky and raging bull are gone ..this is the era of the 0 and $
                Bro where is your punctuation? Capitalize first letters in sentences and nouns. Use periods every once in a while so you don't use run on sentences. That stuff is extremely hard to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Those amateurs are better boxers than the cans most fighters fight to gain experience in the pros. Lomachenko is vastly more experienced than Davis. **** he's vastly more experienced than almost every damn active fighter. Count all the rounds he's boxed and compare.
                  As represented in his 2nd fight with Salido, amateur experience is not always the determining factor in experience.

End of

Comment

Why do posters like you throw common sense out the window when Floyd is involved? If Davis were promoted by anyone else this wouldn't even be discussed.

Davis is being built up. He is 23. Yes, he has won a belt. As far as where he is among 130lbers-he is in the 2nd tier with Salido, Machado, Roman and Vargas.

His next fight should be a step up in comp, which is anyone of these 4. Instead, posters want him to go fight Loma, even though they know Loma would win.

Why can't he fight guys from the 2nd tier while Loma and Berchelt, the 2 best at 130, fight each other?

Every promoter manages his top fighter's records. Why is it suddenly an issue when Floyd does it?
                    By your thought process Loma won't fight anyone at 130 because he is so much better than all the others, if the roles were reversed with Loma and Davis do you think Floyd would want to make the fight, he certainly would, did you see Floyd himself say no to the likes of Ortiz and Guerrero even though everyone knew it was going to be a lopsided fight, hell no, which comes back to what I said. It's all about managing his 0, nothing more, nothing less
                    Last edited by Shape up; 12-21-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

loma vs davis 2018!

Comment

Working...
                      X