Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders To GGG: You Wanted Me When I Was Fat - Fight Me Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    werent you guys crying duck and demanding the rematch no later than may?? whatever fits the agenda i guess...
    I don't know what guys you are talking about? GGG got a draw w/ Canelo. I thought a draw was fair, however Mrs. Byrd brought a foul stench to the fight! All i'm saying is now that BJS totally dominated Lemieux, GGG can use BJS as leverage, and make history in the process! Had Lemieux won, GBP would've used Lemieux as leverage, I guarantee you that!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I don't know what guys you are talking about? GGG got a draw w/ Canelo. I thought a draw was fair, however Mrs. Byrd brought a foul stench to the fight! All i'm saying is now that BJS totally dominated Lemieux, GGG can use BJS as leverage, and make history in the process! Had Lemieux won, GBP would've used Lemieux as leverage, I guarantee you that!
      im not sure if you honestly, but most ggg fans were saying that, imagine if canelo fights lemioux or saunders before ggg everyone here will be crying duck, but if ggg does it will be called leverage... at the end of the day i have no doubt that canelo-ggg happens next anyways, this might just delay a bit the negotiations if ggg askss for more money, but the fight will get made...

Comment

If Saunders can't get GGG ASAP, then I would advise him to fight Liam Smith or Rob Brant! He (BJS) just beat the WBO # 1 contender! No need for Jacobs or Andrade! Saunders needs to find a way to become a star in the UK! I don't know who could make it happen, but he needs to find that fight, and build his brand!
        Saunders just about made 160 how's he getting to 154 for the liam Smiths of the world?

Comment

NYC is better for Eastern European fighters, and i'm talking about azzes in seats, not judges! Mexican crowd is big in NYC too! I think GGG should say either Canelo in NYC or Saunders next! I was just told that Saunders doesn't sell in the UK, but GGG could fight him in NYC too! Canelo needs that GGG win. If GGG becomes the Undisputed, Undefeated, Middleweight Champion of the World (with MAD LOVE in Mexico City), he'll have all the leverage!
          MAn that Frampton/Leo crowd was 90%++ PRO Frampton. And you know this! Name one popular MexiCAN that does good numbers there??? And DON'T say Cotto because he's PR. I've seen the sht scores MExiCANS get there...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            im not sure if you honestly, but most ggg fans were saying that, imagine if canelo fights lemioux or saunders before ggg everyone here will be crying duck, but if ggg does it will be called leverage... at the end of the day i have no doubt that canelo-ggg happens next anyways, this might just delay a bit the negotiations if ggg askss for more money, but the fight will get made...
            I have to be honest, if Canelo would fight Saunders or Lemieux, it would've looked like a duck! However, I think GBP would've used a Lemieux win as leverage, so K2 should use the Sauders win as leverage to move the fight to NYC!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              MAn that Frampton/Leo crowd was 90%++ PRO Frampton. And you know this! Name one popular MexiCAN that does good numbers there??? And DON'T say Cotto because he's PR. I've seen the sht scores MExiCANS get there...
              June 13, 2017 By Lance Pugmire:

Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark told The Times on Tuesday that bringing Garcia-Broner to Brooklyn underlines his arena's standing in the sport, emphasizing special fights more than the fighters' hometowns.

"We've really developed a boxing program here. It's something that's been a focus. And this solidifies us as the premier boxing venue in the country," Yormark said. "We look at ourselves as one of the biggest stages that a fighter can be a part of.

"Being in New York affords them a lot of opportunities from a P.R. standpoint. They love our crowds. And there's a great heritage of boxing here in the Brooklyn borough and New York in general. If you look at our fights, very few have had those roots in Brooklyn. The fans loved Mikey last summer.

"Barclays has become like a neutral site. It doesn't matter where you're from. This market, and our building, is one that people want to fight in."

Garcia returned from a two-year layoff over a contract dispute in July at Barclays, stopping Elio Rojas in the fifth round on the Carl Frampton-Leo Santa Cruz undercard.

He fought three times previously at the Madison Square Garden Theater, including a 2013 victory over former featherweight champion Orlando Salido.

http://beta.latimes.com/sports/boxin...613-story.html

October 8, 2016

Hispanics, being the largest immigrant group in the United States, are no exception. The effects of their contributions are visible in the economy at a macro level, but also in the social fabric of the many cities and States around America which they now call home.

New York is no stranger to this reality. As the historic entry point to the United States of people coming from all over the world, New York City is a testament of how immigrants make enormous contributions to the economic, cultural, social, and even political fabric of this country.

In the Tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, there are 5.5 million people of Hispanic origin, particularly from Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, El Salvador, Ecuador and Colombia; but also from Brazil, Argentina, Cuba, Peru, and the rest of Latin America. In New York State alone, nearly one in five people identify themselves as Hispanic or Latino.

Hispanics do not only constitute a workforce asset. They also generate jobs in their communities. In the US, there are 3.3 million Hispanic-owned business, 12 percent of the total number of businesses in the country. There are more Latino-owned businesses in the US than there are businesses in the states of Georgia, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Massachusetts combined; and more than the overall businesses in California. New York and New Jersey are the 4th and 5th States with the largest share of Hispanic-owned businesses respectively, totaling more than 360,000 businesses and generating nearly $37.5 billion.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/clacn..._12388334.html

Comment

I have to be honest, if Canelo would fight Saunders or Lemieux, it would've looked like a duck! However, I think GBP would've used a Lemieux win as leverage, so K2 should use the Sauders win as leverage to move the fight to NYC!
                Not as leverage... it would be Canelo vs. Lemieux on Cinco De Mayo if he won...

There is 0 chance Golden Boy lets Saunders fight GGG... they can outbid GGG for Saunders... so Canelo is fighting GGG or Saunders on Cinco De Mayo... something tells me Saunders will get the nod.. Canelo would rather fight Saunders than GGG or Jacobs.. and there are no other options... Andy Lee would be a joke...

Comment

I see a lot of bigots on here making fun of the way GGG pronounces words... same hypocrites who call ***** a racist for wanting to build the wall...

Anyway, Saunders would be easy for GGG...

I don't even think GGG would train...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    December 17, 2017:

The crowd represents the changing face of Brighton Beach. Once known primarily as a Russian-***ish enclave, the neighborhood over the past two decades has taken on a more diverse mien as a new wave of Russian-speaking immigrants has chosen to call the area home. These newcomers are drawn by the gravitational pull of the common Russian language, which is itself a legacy of the Soviet education system.

“In school, we were educated in two languages,” Kenjabaev said, referring to Uzbek and Russian. “Our second language was Russian. What I like most about Brighton Beach is that everybody speaks it.”

Many of the newest arrivals, like Kenjabaev, are from the “stans,” the former Soviet republics in Central Asia. Motivated to emigrate by the lack of economic opportunity and the civil clashes that erupted in the aftermath of the Soviet Union’s collapse, they found in Brighton Beach a community that, though different from what they left behind, still offered some sense of linguistic and cultural familiarity...

The influx of Soviet ***ish refugees arrested the neighborhood’s decline and turned Brighton Beach into the area with the largest population of Russian immigrants in the United States. Almost half (47%) of immigrants in Brighton Beach and Coney Island come from Russia and Ukraine, state figures show. The newcomers hailed from across the former USSR, bringing with them the accents, customs and food that have come to define the area. So many moved from Odessa, the Ukrainian city on the Black Sea, that “Little Odessa” stuck as the neighborhood’s sentimental label.

Read more: https://forward.com/news/162963/chan...righton-beach/

Read more: https://forward.com/news/162963/chan...righton-beach/

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      Not as leverage... it would be Canelo vs. Lemieux on Cinco De Mayo if he won...

There is 0 chance Golden Boy lets Saunders fight GGG... they can outbid GGG for Saunders... so Canelo is fighting GGG or Saunders on Cinco De Mayo... something tells me Saunders will get the nod.. Canelo would rather fight Saunders than GGG or Jacobs.. and there are no other options... Andy Lee would be a joke...
                      I guess the question is does GGG want to make history, or make money? Canelo is young, and he's not going anywhere. GGG is getting older, and his skills show some fading. I still think GGG KOs Saunders. However, I think Canelo beats GGG in a rematch. I think GGG should make history 1st, and then cash out!

Comment

Working...
                      X