Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders To GGG: You Wanted Me When I Was Fat - Fight Me Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
    I wouldn't have said this a few months ago or even a couple years ago, but man BJS is gonna bring so many problems for GGG. When someone can move around and has fast hands they present problems. We saw that with Canelo and Jacobs, even though he beat them both they were close fights.

The people who stood there to be hit were destoryed by GGG. Those with skills made him look like a tamed beast at times.
    Exactly.

GGG is just a better version of Cletus Seldin.

Looks great against guys who stand infront of him but would look silly against any one like BJS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      Too much money in the Canelo rematch to make it a difficult choice though.

Saunders is good but really has no following in the UK. A lot of people don't warm to his personality and the other problem was he was fighting on BoxNation. Things are better now BoxNation has teamed up with BT recently but before that, he was essentially hidden away. Only hardcore fans that were subscribing to a dedicated boxing channel could see his fights.

He's arguably far more talented than any of Hearn's fighters on Sky, but they have been getting a 1000x more press and exposure. Saunders can't fill a venue in the UK. I really believe he would be better off fighting in USA and trying to be on HBO as much as possible. It's going to be hard to get good names to come to the UK to face Saunders when he doesn't generate enough money here.
      Well, that sucks! That being said, GGG could get Saunders to MSG, and make history! The Undisputed, Undefeated, Middleweight Champion of the World! Had he never fought Canelo, it wouldn't mean as much, but he did fight Canelo already, and most thought he won! He can afford to fight Sanuders next, and let Canelo chase him for a change!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        GGG doesn't have to fight a rematch w/Canelo, and he doesn't have to rematch Jacobs either, because he would be fighting a unification bout w/ Saunders for the WBO title! If he beats Saunders, he becomes the undisputed (WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO) Middleweight Champion of the World! If i'm GGG, Saunders 1st! Let's see Canelo fight Jacobs, Charlo, or Andrade!
        Canelo is unfinished business.

Saunders should fight Jacbos, then he will be in a position to face the winner to face GGG.

If he were to face GGG now he should only get 20-30%

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Saunders ain't gonna get him even CLOSE to $15,000,000++

And I don't know if that offer from the WBO is still there are not??? But they said before the GGG fight Canelo if wanted could be Saunders Mandatory.

And NY had some sht scorecards as well. You mean tell me Leo Santa Cruz only won 3 rounds in their 1st fight???
          NYC is better for Eastern European fighters, and i'm talking about azzes in seats, not judges! Mexican crowd is big in NYC too! I think GGG should say either Canelo in NYC or Saunders next! I was just told that Saunders doesn't sell in the UK, but GGG could fight him in NYC too! Canelo needs that GGG win. If GGG becomes the Undisputed, Undefeated, Middleweight Champion of the World (with MAD LOVE in Mexico City), he'll have all the leverage!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
            Exactly.

GGG is just a better version of Cletus Seldin.

Looks great against guys who stand infront of him but would look silly against any one like BJS.
            Yeah, GGG didn't look great against a slick Willie Monroe who some people gave the nod against Saunders. GTFOH

The point is, GGG has a hard time with counter punchers that have good power and plants their feet and stop GGG on his tracks. Saunders on the other hand doesn't have power, and has low out put which plays right into GGG's hands.
            Last edited by Thraxox; 12-17-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
              Exactly and GGG will be the A side against Saunders unlike fighting Canelo.
              And if he beats Saunders, he'll become the A-side, unless Canelo KOs Jacobs or Charlo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Well, that sucks! That being said, GGG could get Saunders to MSG, and make history! The Undisputed, Undefeated, Middleweight Champion of the World! Had he never fought Canelo, it wouldn't mean as much, but he did fight Canelo already, and most thought he won! He can afford to fight Sanuders next, and let Canelo chase him for a change!
                werent you guys crying duck and demanding the rematch no later than may?? whatever fits the agenda i guess...

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Saunders admitting he ducked GGG

Saunders wants GGG now that he is old a fading.

GGG got the Canelo rematch and then a Jacobs rematch before Saunders.

If Saunders want to take Jacobs out of the equation, he needs to fight him next and then he can have GGG if the judges do their job this time round.
                  Theres no point in Ggg rematching jacobs, he beat him fairly easily the first time around. The fight wasnt as close as the cards made it seem. Ggg should fight Canelo because boxing needs to see who the best middleweight is and then he should fight Billy Joe and become undisputed champ. Then if Ggg doesnt move up maybe a rematch with Jacobs would be good, it was at least an entertaining fight even though Jacobs was running from him

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Canelo is unfinished business.

Saunders should fight Jacbos, then he will be in a position to face the winner to face GGG.

If he were to face GGG now he should only get 20-30%
                    If Saunders can't get GGG ASAP, then I would advise him to fight Liam Smith or Rob Brant! He (BJS) just beat the WBO # 1 contender! No need for Jacobs or Andrade! Saunders needs to find a way to become a star in the UK! I don't know who could make it happen, but he needs to find that fight, and build his brand!

Comment

Nice W for BJS, he might pull it off this time around

Comment

Working...
                      X