Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Will Take 'Real Ballsy 130-Pounder' to Fight Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma should try to get some of the belts first, he has plenty of time to move up in a year or two, him snd Mikey are same age... He has to get those other belts, thats why Crawford is considered to be by some a p4p , not because he is so much better but all the belts he has.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      i dont get this "he was pissed when rigo beat donaire"... wasnt rigo under bob during that time??? so why would bob be pissed that one of his fighter beat his other fighter??
      Cuz he wasn't expecting that one to win & he had plans for nonito just like he has plans for loma....Nonito was supposed to be the next pacquiao, he was trying to get that fan base to nonito but Rigo F'd up his plans.

Comment

why wouldnt he want to sell rigo, the guy who just beat donaire?? rigo was promoted by bob! so if rigo beat donaire (who is also under bob at that time) wouldnt that just make things easier for arum to promote rigo then??
        So that's a question journalist, jim lampely, max Kellerman or fat rafeal should ask. Why don't they ask these questions to bob.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          I am not a Arum fan or apologist, but Garcia was being paid well for his fights under TR, just look up his purse amounts. Just because he says he took a pay cut or fought for less than he wanted does not mean he was not getting paid a fair amount, it just means he wanted more money. So he did not win the case. He had to buy out his contract, which basically means TR's contract on him was valid and not illegal or unfair. He was getting paid more from TR than he is now.

At the time this was happening PBC was starting and a bunch of PBC fighters were getting paid outrageous amounts for fighting nobodies. PBC really f**kd up the market and a lot of fighters oustide of PBC were starting to demand PBC amounts of money and Mikey was probably one of them. There can be no doubt that his career at TR was moving along nicely. He just wanted out because he wanted more money and control of his career. Nothing wrong with that, but for him to be claiming he was on some sort of moral crusade and him trying to get out of is contract was because he was being taken advantage of I just don't buy it.

Frankly, I do not see why fighters still want to go with Haymon. The man blew half a billion $ and his business went out of business within 2 yrs. Now he does not have enough money or any tv deals to showcase his fighters so most of them are just sitting idly by while their careers slowly pass them by.

Who the hell says for example, "You know Al Haymon the man who just failed spectacularly blowing through half a billion $, losing all his tv deals, having most of his biggest stars only fight once every yr if they are lucky. Yeah that guy, I want to place my career in his hands and sign up with him". A fighter who does that is dumber than ****.
          You're not interpreting Mikey's statement correctly. He's told "you're fighting X for Y dollars." Yet he was paid Y MINUS 100,000, or Y MINUS 150,000. I don't know where you're from, but it's cool to take shorts like that!

He offered to pay out his contract, TR refused. Then when the judgements were looking bad for TR, they said "hey you can buy out now." However, because they refused earlier, he said No, and they had to let him go for free!

If you're a fighter, and you're getting paid, you don't care about whay Haymon owes to whomever, so long as you're eating right! I keep hearing how Haymon is done, yet Degale and Truax (both Haymon) just fought, and Spence vs. Peterson is coming on Showtime in January, so I don't see how he's done.

When you compare Haymon to Don King, Bob Arum, and Oscar, he looks like an Angel!

Comment

Loma vs. Mikey - 135.

Team Loma: Make the move. There is nobody at 130.

Comment

so its his own damm fault then!! he was called a boring fighter, what did he do to change that? NOTHING!!!
              You can't teach an old dog new tricks, especially when the old tricks still had him winning fights! Ask Kovalev!

Comment

im saying he should have proved them wrong in his fights!! if he's being called a boring fighter, change that then!! rigo has been matched with no namers and still didnt show up.
                He was concerned about winning, not entertaining! Exhibit A: Wladimir Klitschko!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  We did, and we also saw Rigo, at age 37, move up 2 weight classes for that fight! Bob didn't want Rigo anyway. He was pissed when Rigo beat Donaire! Mikey Garcia is a different animal.
                  The excuses are hilarious. People were literally calling Rigo unbeatable before this fight and all the crap Rigo was talking? But now he old doe, now he small doe. Rigo is a great fighter who dared to be even greater still, he lost, no need for excuses, he had enough prep time to mitigate the weight issue and age wouldn't be a factor for this guy as he's been in no wars at all, taken very little punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Doritos View Post
                    The excuses are hilarious. People were literally calling Rigo unbeatable before this fight and all the crap Rigo was talking? But now he old doe, now he small doe. Rigo is a great fighter who dared to be even greater still, he lost, no need for excuses, he had enough prep time to mitigate the weight issue and age wouldn't be a factor for this guy as he's been in no wars at all, taken very little punishment.
                    People are literally calling Loma unbeatable today, but Loma didn't want to go up 2 weight classes and fight Terence Crawford @ 140. His people said it was suicide! However Rigo was desperate and played himself, and what he did was inexcusable. Loma is smart, and said "Hell Naw!"

http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenk...uicide--115456

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                      Garcia wants to go the Haymon route for the rest of his career. That is why he wanted out from Top Rank even though TR treated him very well, paid him very well, and was making him a star. By the Haymon route I mean that he wants to take fights with minimal risk and high purses. It could be 2-3yrs before he fights Loma, if he fights him at all.

Garcia left TR too early. He should of waited until he became much bigger name. De La Hoya and to some degree Mayweather left TR at the right time in their careers, Garcia left too early.
                      How can anyone defend you & the lies?

Comment

Working...
                      X