Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Will Take 'Real Ballsy 130-Pounder' to Fight Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    i dont get this "he was pissed when rigo beat donaire"... wasnt rigo under bob during that time??? so why would bob be pissed that one of his fighter beat his other fighter??
    Because of Rigo's style! Donaire had "Flash," and Bob can sell flash! He couldn't (or didn't want to) try to sell Rigo:

July 11, 2013:

Gary Hyde, manager of WBO/WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0, 8Kos), was very annoyed after reading some of the recently published comments regarding HBO’s position on his fighter. Rigondeaux’s promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, told ESPN that HBO is very resistant to showcasing Rigondeaux on their network.

“Every time I mention him, they throw up," Arum said.
    "So I have to figure out who I could put him in with."

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeau...mistake--67553

Comment

A really good paycheck? Wasn't Rigo only paid 400k. Oscar is going to be wanting a 50/50 split to make fights against Loma.

Comment

i dont get this "he was pissed when rigo beat donaire"... wasnt rigo under bob during that time??? so why would bob be pissed that one of his fighter beat his other fighter??
        Even better article:

October 8, 2014:

After Guillermo Rigondeaux dominated Nonito Donaire, he stopped being promoted. HBO and Top Rank constantly bashed Rigondeaux’s fighting style and labeled him as boring. Its one thing to not be promoted, its another to be demoted.

http://thaboxingvoice.com/guillermo-...numbers/33029/

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Because of Rigo's style! Donaire had "Flash," and Bob can sell flash! He couldn't (or didn't want to) try to sell Rigo:

July 11, 2013:

Gary Hyde, manager of WBO/WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0, 8Kos), was very annoyed after reading some of the recently published comments regarding HBO’s position on his fighter. Rigondeaux’s promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, told ESPN that HBO is very resistant to showcasing Rigondeaux on their network.

“Every time I mention him, they throw up," Arum said.
          "So I have to figure out who I could put him in with."

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeau...mistake--67553
          why wouldnt he want to sell rigo, the guy who just beat donaire?? rigo was promoted by bob! so if rigo beat donaire (who is also under bob at that time) wouldnt that just make things easier for arum to promote rigo then??

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Even better article:

October 8, 2014:

After Guillermo Rigondeaux dominated Nonito Donaire, he stopped being promoted. HBO and Top Rank constantly bashed Rigondeaux’s fighting style and labeled him as boring. Its one thing to not be promoted, its another to be demoted.

http://thaboxingvoice.com/guillermo-...numbers/33029/
            so rigo should have proved them wrong then. did he?

Comment

why wouldnt he want to sell rigo, the guy who just beat donaire?? rigo was promoted by bob! so if rigo beat donaire (who is also under bob at that time) wouldnt that just make things easier for arum to promote rigo then??
              See Post # 23.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
                Vasyl Lomachenko is SO good, people would criticize him for staying in the same division. Even if he moved to Lightweight and unified the belts he'd be criticized. The fight which makes the most sense for next Spring is Jorge Linares @ 135.
                But people want to see him unify and beat other belt holders in the division instead of picking up belts and beating the weakest champ. He beat an unproven Russel who was fighting TBAs for a vacant belt and then beats the weakest 130 champ in Martinez. We all know when he moves to 135 he's be fighting for the WBO title against Beltran if Beltran wins. Yet people **** on Broner for being a 4 division champ.

Comment

so rigo should have proved them wrong then. did he?
                  No. Rigo is well respected by hardcore fans, but not casuals! Andre Ward had a similar problem!

Comment

doesnt change the fact that bob made a fight with someone who just left TR and is NOT being promoted by them.
                    It's easy to make because everyone knew Loma would beat Rigo. When his good fighters are facing someone with a chance to beat his fighters he'll ask for options in the contract. Plus he paid Rigo 400k.

Comment

He did put him on HBO a few times and he stunk up the show so Bob and HBO didn't want to showcase him anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X