Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Will Take 'Real Ballsy 130-Pounder' to Fight Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Rigo didn't use size, or age, as an excuse, he said it was his hand. My point was Rigo went up for Loma out of desperation for cash, and it seems he immediately felt outclassed! But when people say "size doesn't matter," then that's plain stupid!
    I agree weight and size matter, we wouldn't have weight classes otherwise but I don't think weight and size is what decided this fight.

Comment

Because of Rigo's style! Donaire had "Flash," and Bob can sell flash! He couldn't (or didn't want to) try to sell Rigo:

July 11, 2013:

Gary Hyde, manager of WBO/WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0, 8Kos), was very annoyed after reading some of the recently published comments regarding HBO’s position on his fighter. Rigondeaux’s promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, told ESPN that HBO is very resistant to showcasing Rigondeaux on their network.

“Every time I mention him, they throw up," Arum said.
      "So I have to figure out who I could put him in with."

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeau...mistake--67553
      Also Caribe was a co promoter that Rigo insisted on having in the new contract as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Doritos View Post
        I agree weight and size matter, we wouldn't have weight classes otherwise but I don't think weight and size is what decided this fight.
        I agree. If body movement, and footwork is what made you that special, and then you face someone who has footwork and angles as well as workrate that counters your own defence and footwork, it's a game changer.

Rigo is use to fighting flat footed people who set their punches, but Loma is on his toes a lot

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          What judgements. In depositions there are no judgements made. And Mikey mentions that his suit only made it to the deposition phase.

Would you invest with a man who's business just went out of business and in the process lost millions of his investors money. If someone came up to you asked you to be an investor and he also informed you he just went bankrupt and his main business and business plan failed in the most spectacular way. Would you give that man your hard earned money?
          But I haven't seen the divestment from Showtime, Fox, etc., that you're talking about. I still see PBC cards and Haymon fighters growing. I see the Charlos, Mikey Garcia, Jacobs, and Wilder's (just too name a few) shine only getting brighter!

Comment

But I haven't seen the divestment from Showtime, Fox, etc., that you're talking about. I still see PBC cards and Haymon fighters growing. I see the Charlos, Mikey Garcia, Jacobs, and Wilder's (just too name a few) shine only getting brighter!

Showtime is no longer calling them PBC fights. They are back to calling it Showtime Boxing. And you make my point exactly. Particular fighters are stupid to be trusting their careers in the hands of a man who just blew half a billion $ and came out with nothing to show for it.
            I don't call fighting once a year getting brighter more like stagnating.

Comment

Showtime is no longer calling them PBC fights. They are back to calling it Showtime Boxing. And you make my point exactly. Particular fighters are stupid to be trusting their careers in the hands of a man who just blew half a billion $ and came out with nothing to show for it.
              Jermell Charlo: APR/OCT 2017
              Jermall Charlo: DEC 2016/JUL 2017
              Mikey Garcia: JAN/JUL 2017
              Danny Jacobs: MAR/NOV 2017
              Deontay Wilder: FEB/NOV 2017

Not bad at all, considering:

Canelo Alvarez: MAY/SEP 2017
              GGG: MAR/SEP 2017
              Terence Crawford: MAY/AUG 2017

Haters gonna hate!

Comment

http://theboxingtribune.com/2017/04/...ing-champions/

Comment

Jermell Charlo: APR/OCT 2017
                  Jermall Charlo: DEC 2016/JUL 2017
                  Mikey Garcia: JAN/JUL 2017
                  Danny Jacobs: MAR/NOV 2017
                  Deontay Wilder: FEB/NOV 2017

Not bad at all, considering:

Canelo Alvarez: MAY/SEP 2017
                  GGG: MAR/SEP 2017
                  Terence Crawford: MAY/AUG 2017

Haters gonna hate!
                  Easy to hate a guy who blew half a billion $.

Comment

Working...
                  X