Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Will Take 'Real Ballsy 130-Pounder' to Fight Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia Does Not Want to Fight Loma

Garcia wants to go the Haymon route for the rest of his career. That is why he wanted out from Top Rank even though TR treated him very well, paid him very well, and was making him a star. By the Haymon route I mean that he wants to take fights with minimal risk and high purses. It could be 2-3yrs before he fights Loma, if he fights him at all.

Garcia left TR too early. He should of waited until he became much bigger name. De La Hoya and to some degree Mayweather left TR at the right time in their careers, Garcia left too early.

Comment

why not jerkoff gervonta he's got big balls. right ? unfortunately floyd junior and al hymie sez no

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
        Garcia wants to go the Haymon route for the rest of his career. That is why he wanted out from Top Rank even though TR treated him very well, paid him very well, and was making him a star. By the Haymon route I mean that he wants to take fights with minimal risk and high purses. It could be 2-3yrs before he fights Loma, if he fights him at all.

Garcia left TR too early. He should of waited until he became much bigger name. De La Hoya and to some degree Mayweather left TR at the right time in their careers, Garcia left too early.
        That's not how Mikey saw it:

January 27, 2017:

Garcia was on the track to becoming a superstar in the sport, but there was an underlying problem brewing that would eventually derail his career.

"I started to notice a pattern in the way the negotiations would go down [with Top Rank] after I beat Orlando Salido," Garcia said.

Garcia claimed that Top Rank would not pay him the full negotiated amount after several fights, saying his opponents were to blame for a reduced purse.

"It was always a fight with them. I took a $100,000 pay cut on the Rocky Martinez fight, and I got about $150,000 less than what I was promised for the next fight. It started to add up," Garcia said.

While Garcia was unhappy with Top Rank, he figured his contract with the company would expire on Feb. 27, 2014, and he would be able to sign elsewhere. Top Rank, however, told him his contract automatically renewed following a title win or a successful title defense, which Garcia said would indefinitely keep him under an outdated deal he signed in 2009. So Garcia sued the company on April 8, 2014, and it took two years for the case to go to court. In the interim, Garcia made several unsuccessful attempts to resolve the matter with Top Rank as he remained inactive and helped his brother and father at the gym.

Following an unfavorable trial hearing, Top Rank was more open to a settlement and eventually came to terms with Garcia, who was freed from his contract without any compensation last April. Garcia agreed to the deal after denying Top Rank's request for confidentiality.

"I didn't feel I did anything wrong, but I was willing to pay to get out of my contract so I could get my career back on track, but they were never interested," Garcia said. "I thought the process would take a year, but after we got past a year, I was too invested not to see it through. After depositions, they offered to let me buy out my contract, but it was too late for that. I wasn't going to pay anything. I was going to show them that this little Mexican wasn't going to be some kid that they can just push around and do whatever they want."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ing-back-years

Props to Mikey! Smart man both in and out of the ring!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          That's not how Mikey saw it:

January 27, 2017:

Garcia was on the track to becoming a superstar in the sport, but there was an underlying problem brewing that would eventually derail his career.

"I started to notice a pattern in the way the negotiations would go down [with Top Rank] after I beat Orlando Salido," Garcia said.

Garcia claimed that Top Rank would not pay him the full negotiated amount after several fights, saying his opponents were to blame for a reduced purse.

"It was always a fight with them. I took a $100,000 pay cut on the Rocky Martinez fight, and I got about $150,000 less than what I was promised for the next fight. It started to add up," Garcia said.

While Garcia was unhappy with Top Rank, he figured his contract with the company would expire on Feb. 27, 2014, and he would be able to sign elsewhere. Top Rank, however, told him his contract automatically renewed following a title win or a successful title defense, which Garcia said would indefinitely keep him under an outdated deal he signed in 2009. So Garcia sued the company on April 8, 2014, and it took two years for the case to go to court. In the interim, Garcia made several unsuccessful attempts to resolve the matter with Top Rank as he remained inactive and helped his brother and father at the gym.

Following an unfavorable trial hearing, Top Rank was more open to a settlement and eventually came to terms with Garcia, who was freed from his contract without any compensation last April. Garcia agreed to the deal after denying Top Rank's request for confidentiality.

"I didn't feel I did anything wrong, but I was willing to pay to get out of my contract so I could get my career back on track, but they were never interested," Garcia said. "I thought the process would take a year, but after we got past a year, I was too invested not to see it through. After depositions, they offered to let me buy out my contract, but it was too late for that. I wasn't going to pay anything. I was going to show them that this little Mexican wasn't going to be some kid that they can just push around and do whatever they want."

Props to Mikey! Smart man both in and out of the ring!

I am not a Arum fan or apologist, but Garcia was being paid well for his fights under TR, just look up his purse amounts. Just because he says he took a pay cut or fought for less than he wanted does not mean he was not getting paid a fair amount, it just means he wanted more money. So he did not win the case. He had to buy out his contract, which basically means TR's contract on him was valid and not illegal or unfair. He was getting paid more from TR than he is now.

At the time this was happening PBC was starting and a bunch of PBC fighters were getting paid outrageous amounts for fighting nobodies. PBC really f**kd up the market and a lot of fighters oustide of PBC were starting to demand PBC amounts of money and Mikey was probably one of them. There can be no doubt that his career at TR was moving along nicely. He just wanted out because he wanted more money and control of his career. Nothing wrong with that, but for him to be claiming he was on some sort of moral crusade and him trying to get out of is contract was because he was being taken advantage of I just don't buy it.

Frankly, I do not see why fighters still want to go with Haymon. The man blew half a billion $ and his business went out of business within 2 yrs. Now he does not have enough money or any tv deals to showcase his fighters so most of them are just sitting idly by while their careers slowly pass them by.

Who the hell says for example, "You know Al Haymon the man who just failed spectacularly blowing through half a billion $, losing all his tv deals, having most of his biggest stars only fight once every yr if they are lucky. Yeah that guy, I want to place my career in his hands and sign up with him". A fighter who does that is dumber than ****.
          Last edited by jdp28tx; 12-13-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
            I am not a Arum fan or apologist, but Garcia was being paid well for his fights under TR, just look up his purse amounts. Just because he says he took a pay cut or fought for less than he wanted does not mean he was not getting paid a fair amount, it just means he wanted more money. So he did not win the case. He had to buy out his contract, which basically means TR's contract on him was valid and not illegal or unfair. He was getting paid more from TR than he is now.

At the time this was happening PBC was starting and a bunch of PBC fighters were getting paid outrageous amounts for fighting nobodies. PBC really f**kd up the market and a lot of fighters oustide of PBC were starting to demand PBC amounts of money and Mikey was probably one of them. There can be no doubt that his career at TR was moving along nicely. He just wanted out because he wanted more money and control of his career. Nothing wrong with that, but for him to be claiming he was on some sort of moral crusade and him trying to get out of is contract was because he was being taken advantage of I just don't buy it.

Frankly, I do not see why fighters still want to go with Haymon. The man blew half a billion $ and his business went out of business within 2 yrs. Now he does not have enough money or any tv deals to showcase his fighters so most of them are just sitting idly by while their careers slowly pass them by.

Who the hell says for example, "You know Al Haymon the man who just failed spectacularly blowing through half a billion $, losing all his tv deals, having most of his biggest stars only fight once every yr if they are lucky. Yeah that guy, I want to place my career in his hands and sign up with him". A fighter who does that is dumber than ****.
            very well said!!!! some poster on here wanna act like mikey was getting peanuts for fighting tough fights when in reality, he was getting paid more than he deserve!!

Comment

See Post # 23.
              so its his own damm fault then!! he was called a boring fighter, what did he do to change that? NOTHING!!!

Comment

No. Rigo is well respected by hardcore fans, but not casuals! Andre Ward had a similar problem!
                im saying he should have proved them wrong in his fights!! if he's being called a boring fighter, change that then!! rigo has been matched with no namers and still didnt show up.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  He did put him on HBO a few times and he stunk up the show so Bob and HBO didn't want to showcase him anymore.
                  exactly!!! so who's fault is that??? he waa given the chance to redeem himself and what did he do? stunk up the place!

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    It's easy to make because everyone knew Loma would beat Rigo. When his good fighters are facing someone with a chance to beat his fighters he'll ask for options in the contract. Plus he paid Rigo 400k.
                    are you saying rigo deserve more???

bob gave him his highest purse against donaire at $750k. but somehow bob was doing him dirty??

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      are you saying rigo deserve more???

bob gave him his highest purse against donaire at $750k. but somehow bob was doing him dirty??
                      Whether he deserve more or not is not what I'm saying. It was and easy fight to make because of what he paid Rigo. A fight against any GB fighter , Oscar will want it to be 50/50 knowing his fighters aren't that much of a draw. Just look at Linares/Mikey. Same thing with a Mikey fight, Arum would more than likely want options on Mikey and there's no way Mikey is fighting for 400k when he's more of a draw than Loma.

Comment

Working...
                      X