Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Vasyl Lomachenko is the best fighter I've ever seen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I should really study and learn the sport of boxing mr 2015, 800 posts?
    Sadly this is the reality we live in. People who only really experienced the twilight of Floyd's career ruling the roost around here.

Comment

Lol @ those claiming a defeat means Lomachenko can't be great.

Comment

If his skills are as good as some people claim, he should be able to become champ even at 135 and 140.

His opponents will look like giants in those divisions, but that's what it takes to become an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
          So who is better in your opinion?

By me using your logic, I'll wait to crown Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford when they prove something, starting with Gennady Golovkin, Artur Beterbiev and Oleksandr Usyk.

Let's apply similar standards here!

Also according to you, loss > accomplishments. That is to state that if a boxer loses, then the loss will always be a factor, even if they have greater accomplishments than undefeated boxers?
          Nope.. loss is not everything only when you had achieved a lot more than Loma had had so far. I don't mean to come across as a hater or anything like that because Loma is one of my favorite current boxers.

Loma wants to challenge himself by fighting bigger, better guys, and I love that attitude about him. The best fighters around him who fit that description are Mikey at 135 and Crawford at 140. Then we'll truly know what Loma is made of (especially Crawford).

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            what A level fighters would that be? carlos baldomir? valuev outweighed everyone by a hundred pounds. doesnt mean its a good win. you are trying to find something special about floyds career cause it sure as hell aint his resume
            She's been bleeding out all day. Get her a tampon and she'll be fine.

Comment

He def has the potential to be but he has to beat Mikey first he needs a longer resume and if he fights Crawford and beats him there would be no question about it.

Comment

Oh White Willy, Black Bobby ain't gonna like this thread or your comparisons to RJJ.

Comment

He's the most complete fighter i've ever seen. He is great fighting on the back foot as he is inside. He's defense while putting pressure on opponents is unlike anything i've ever seen.

He throws combos, he has insane cardio, and very high fight IQ. Really he almost has no weakness.

I guess if you really nitpick you can say he isnt the biggest puncher? But then again he makes people quit and almost took Rocky's head off.

Most complete fighter i've ever seen. From offense to defense.

Comment

He's a unique fighter. Always was. I remember being so hyped about him turning pro, after he signed on for that WSB season. Definitely one of the most talented fighters I've seen in their prime.

'Great' is a different story though. For me great is marked by great wins. Beating HoF guys in their prime is the threshold for greatness. Excuses don't matter. They either did it or they didn't.

I think the problem for Loma is that if you look around now, there aren't a lot of guys who look like they fit that bill. Pac, as one comparison, had Morales, Barrera, and JMM to pit himself against. I don't see where anything remotely close to that is going to come from for Lomachenko.

Mikey is the only name that rings out. That's a 'great' win if Loma pulled it off. But are we going to see it? Probably not. As good as Loma is I'm not seeing any path to greatness right now.

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko is the greatest boxer I've ever seen! The real life Ivan Drago. He was a superhuman in his prime from 2006 - 2012. It was humanly impossible to beat him from 2006 - 2012. Nothing worked against him. Head movement was irrelevant. Counter punching was irrelevant. Power punching was irrelevant. Feinting was irrelevant. Body punching was irrelevant. Lateral movement was irrelevant. The list continues!

On the other hand, all Wlad needed to do was simply extend his arm a few inches ahead of his body and no human being in history could get past that arm.

Furthermore, Lomachenko would get decapacitated by his boxing master / teacher named Terence Crawford. Wlad was unbeatable during for nearly a decade by anybody.

The best fighter = the best heavyweight. Not these flyweights!
                      Last edited by Mr Objecitivity; 12-11-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X