Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Vasyl Lomachenko is the best fighter I've ever seen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Yes he has moved up, but he has not been at a big disadvantage

When Pac, Floyd and others move up they reached a point where they were at a serious visible disadvantage

You had Manny, this small guy, taking on men much bigger than him, who also outweighed him, who punched hard and were considered greats

Lomo has not reached that point and until then i can not put him on that elite level space. Its like when Broner was beating all the small men, and i told everyone soon as he moved to 140 and 147, he will be exposed

The one who has impressed me so far is Terrence Crawford, i have doubted his skillset on here many times, but he keeps provoking me wrong, he will be at a disadvantage at 147, will be interesting to see how he fairs, the comp level there is very tough
    No it's nothing like Broner because Broner was huge at the lighter weights and at times even against someone like Rees was able to get away with being hit often and overpowering them as the fight wore on.

Loma isn't huge at 126 or 130. At 135 he would be at a big disadvantage against someone like Mikey who is a big dude.

140 is just asking too much at this stage.

Manny moved up because he struggled a lot to make the lighter weights but yes it was impressive. If Loma isn't seriously struggling to make 135 once he moves up then there's no need to be grossly outweighed at 140 to try prove a point.

Comment

Let's not get carried away now.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        At least wait another few years to say this junk. This could be like Larry's Broner is the FOTD thread.
        Why wait? I'm serious. Look at the dude's resume 11 fights in. Nobody has ever won 9 title fights in 11 fights AND beat the brakes off the no.1 guy in different divisions 3 times in that span.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          No it's nothing like Broner because Broner was huge at the lighter weights and at times even against someone like Rees was able to get away with being hit often and overpowering them as the fight wore on.

Loma isn't huge at 126 or 130. At 135 he would be at a big disadvantage against someone like Mikey who is a big dude.

140 is just asking too much at this stage.

Manny moved up because he struggled a lot to make the lighter weights but yes it was impressive. If Loma isn't seriously struggling to make 135 once he moves up then there's no need to be grossly outweighed at 140 to try prove a point.
          Also worth remembering he was a pro since he was basically a teenager when he was probably still growing.

If you took a lot of fighters maybe around 130-147 and looked at their weight at 17 year old, it would usually be a significantly lower weight class but we don't take it into much consideration because it was probably amateur days and not on the pro record.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            I've never seen a fighter so great he clowns ANYBODY!

That's what's unreal and actually, scary, about him.

Every opponent is a joke when they're in with him.

Literally never seen that.
            Prime Roy Jones did that with the likes of James Toney. People forgot because he's fought over a decade too long.

Comment

Let’s see how he does when he’s the underdog, when face thru adversity , when he’s the smaller guy and when he’s the one who has all the disadvantage.
              He has all the makings though, and hopefully he’ll be able to prove more.

Comment

Were you blind during Roy's career? Did you miss the Salido loss? Are you going blind?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Lets see how he handles A-level fighters that outweigh him by 15+ lbs like Mayweather and Pacquiao did before giving him that honour.
                  Mayweather never did that

Comment

Is great but not the best

Comment

hes great, those angles really frustrate his opponents but the problem is if I don't agree that's hes the best ever im somehow racist and a brother who is threatened that a so called white man is the "best" boxer ever. this is the narrative u all are really trying to push and its clear as day. STOP IT... every fighter has been asked to do more to prove their dominance or greatness, loma will go through the same, especially for me to say hes the best ever. its too early for those words IMO but hes definitely amazing

Comment

Working...
                      X