Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Vasyl Lomachenko is the best fighter I've ever seen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing wrong with that! Been watching boxing too long and know too much history about the sport to go that far but I been watching Loma for awhile and even I left a Comment on one of his World Series Of Boxing matches on youtube that "He Is Going To Be A Great One" so I'm not shocked by his success at all. The eye test don't lie, you can see when a fighter is special INSTANTLY, they don't need "TIME TO DEVELOP" they're born with a Special Set Of Gifts like Mutants from X-Men

What he is basically is the Modern Day Willie Pep!

So no he is not some talent "BOXING NEVER SEEN BEFORE" that is just great marketing from Arum. No! Talent like Loma has been seen before in this great sport many of times actually, just not in a Eastern European Form. I remember Pirog having a similar Buzz after he knocked out Jacobs because of the way he moved and used the Shoulder Roll.

But Yes no question Loma is Special! But do your history first before declaring someone "THE GREATEST" or Proclaiming them as "Something Boxing Never Seen Before". Fans get caught up in the moment too often and draw a blank to Boxing History or they just flat out too lazy to go back and do their research
    Last edited by sicko; 12-12-2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      He has a high ring IQ, good instincts but lacks a vicious offense for my liking, I appreciate a boxer-puncher that works off a hard jab and savage hooks to the body. Also all that cheating he does is turning me off.

i disagree, lomas the complete package. he's technically the most sound offensive boxer/puncher I've seen. when in different times you had guys who had vicious ko power heavily rely on that one punch. and then you had guys who were great boxers but didn't have that pop so they rely on skills. lomas has everything and he's actually not afraid to put on a good fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
        This was a totally different case of 'beating a smaller man' compared to Canelo vs Khan & GGG vs Brook.

Both Canelo & GGG were getting outboxed & outmaneuvered before they stopped Khan & Brook respectively.

While Loma vs Rigo had a totally different 'picture':
        Rigo was coming to this fight as a bigger puncher of the two, but Lomachenko dominated him from the beginning, outlanded him 55 to 15 & won all the rounds (6-0).

Loma showed his amazing skills against defensive master boxer in Rigo... that Rigo couldn't even land any counters.
        Usually it was Rigo was the one who is landing while avoiding opponents' punches, but this time it was other way around - Rigo could land only 8% of his total punches against Loma. When he usually he lands 48% of them!

It was a master class from Loma.

i didnt mention brook vs ggg or canelo vs khan so why bring them up.

i specifically compared it to floyd vs marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Nothing wrong with that! Been watching boxing too long and know too much history about the sport to go that far but I been watching Loma for awhile and even I left a Comment on one of his World Series Of Boxing matches on youtube that "He Is Going To Be A Great One" so I'm not shocked by his success at all. The eye test don't lie, you can see when a fighter is special INSTANTLY, they don't need "TIME TO DEVELOP" they're born with a Special Set Of Gifts like Mutants from X-Men

What he is basically is the Modern Day Willie Pep!

So no he is not some talent "BOXING NEVER SEEN BEFORE" that is just great marketing from Arum. No! Talent like Loma has been seen before in this great sport many of times actually, just not in a Eastern European Form. I remember Pirog having a similar Buzz after he knocked out Jacobs because of the way he moved and used the Shoulder Roll.

But Yes no question Loma is Special! But do your history first before declaring someone "THE GREATEST" or Proclaiming them as "Something Boxing Never Seen Before". Fans get caught up in the moment too often and draw a blank to Boxing History or they just flat out too lazy to go back and do their research
          LomaPEPko!

There are MANY similarities there.

HIGH QUALITY POST!

Start a blog, man.

You could go somewhere with your skills.

Comment

Working...
          X